Chapter 18

Prince Seto's P.O.V
"He talked to you? What did he say?" Mason asks. The four of us are eating breakfast at a big wooden table.

"How powerful are arcane wizards in the wizard world?" I ask.

"They are the top dogs. The creators of all things magic. They created the wizard world. They keep our world away and safe from the mortal world. That's why you won't find wizards in the mortal world, but the portal doors are beginning to fail. They are beginning to open because the arcane wizards aren't keeping the barriers stable." Jackson said. I look at her. "The door on Dusaro Island is one of the only stable ones left."

"What would happened if we went through an unstable one?" I ask.

"It wouldn't work. It wouldn't take you to the location it was preset to, but to an entirely different place. It's also dangerous, you could get hurt passing through an unstable portal door, or lost of limb." Amelia said.

"Alright, making a note of that." Amarisa thought.

"Why am I important then?" I ask.

"We haven't seen arcane wizards at all. We've only been here for a decade Seto, and you're the first arcane wizard to us that we have seen. You could restore the islands, that would reverse the damage done to Laendur. It would bring the wizards back." Mason said.

"Restoring the islands, how do I do it?" I ask.

"You have to restore the arcane island first. Without the arcane island, we won't be able to touch the other islands. It's sort of the main island since arcane magic was the first type. Amelia can restore the fire island and Mason the energy island. What's left is the water, lightning, earth, rune, dark magic, and summoning islands." Jackson said. Summoning?

"What's the summoning island?" I ask.

"Summoners. They can tame and train magical beasts." Amelia said.

"How are we gonna get the dark magic island up? The dark wizards-"

"Would want our world to stay out of the mortals too. After all there is no trusting the mortals. The instructions of how to restore the islands are in the mortal world." Jackson said.

"How do I start up the arcane island?" I ask.

"We aren't sure. But it will take a lot out of you, but getting up the islands is the main priority. But how to do it in in the mortal world." Jackson said.

"Good thing we have a wizard who grew up there." Mason said looking at me.

"They all think I cleaved so.." I said.

"Cleaved? Is that what they call fighting back?" Amelia asks. I nod.

"The mortals don't understand the magic world anymore. Our secrets were mostly kept in a specific kingdom. But we don't know which." Jackson said.

"It holds the instructions on how to restore the islands, specifically the arcane island, the main island." Amelia said.

"Wait...the Eritai Kingdom..." Amarisa thought. I never finished translating the text that Lucia gave me. And Eritai has wizard language engraved all over the castle and in books too.

"I think I may know what one then." I said. They look at me.

"Which one?" Amelia asks.

"Eritai Kingdom. They are peaceful, but last time I was there the Psyraians were attacking it." I said.

"So we are heading there?" Jackson asks.

"Well Seto is our guide. Let's make a plan, then we leave for Eritai." Mason said.

"Tell me, how important is restoring these islands?" I ask.

"The islands have been down for over a decade Seto. They are basically what keeps magic stable. Without them, magic slowly disappears and so will all of us. Without our magic, we will die. So restoring the islands is very important." Jackson said.

"Okay, so don't screw up Seto." Amarisa thought.

"What would I ever do without your smart-ass remarks?" I thought back.

"Nothing." Amarisa thought.