Stories (or legends) of The Flower

Ken POV
This is a story about the Kin no Hana. A story my Mother tells us when we were with her.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Long time ago, Amaterasu dropped her tear onto the grounds of an island of Earth. From it bloomed a golden flower.

The Flower was the most beautiful flower anyone could imagine. It was the prettiest among the prettiest. It's petals, leaves and its stem were as if made out of gold.

One very day, the Queen of a land not far away fell sick, really sick. No matter how many doctors tend to her, it still doesn't work. At times like this, humans start to look for cures, no matter fiction or not. The King ordered everyone to search for it, and at last they reached the island. They found this legendary flower, and took it back for the Queen. Soon, the Queen was up and well again.

However, things weren't pretty. A witch from a faraway land came into the castle, disguising as a maid, forced the Queen to give her her blood filled woth the Flower's magic. The Queen who was terrified, obeyed without question.

Soon, this beloved Queen was mysteriously gone. The King was in shock, his wife was supposed to be immune to any disease now. But by then, the witch had obtained marvellous powers from the Queen's magical blood. The King heard rumours of the servants, and hunted down the witch.

The witch was too powerful for the King. She taught her magic to her disciples, and thought to herself that she had her hands on the world,the entire universe! Until...

Susanoo o who had witnessed the entire scene, killed the witch with his sword under the orders of Izanagi. But that was definitely not the end of the witch herself. Her disciples must be still out there, practicing those wicked spells of hers, ready to conquer the world.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

"It was a long time since we heard the story. Isn't it, Fang?" I asked him. He was reading the story Marie brought with her.

"Yeah. Mother will hold me in her lap, and tell us the story before bed time." He said nostalgically.

"Correction. It's all of us." I corrected him.

"Sometimes, I even fell asleep in her hands." Fang laughed.

"You were just a kid back then." I said.

"Ni-san. Do you think the story is true?" Fang asked.

"Mortals will think this as a legend, but I think it's true." I said to him.

"You know. I can guess that one of them is here, you know." I said to him.

"The witches? Not surprising." He shrugged.

"Better do your part and protect those friends of yours." I said to him, patted his head, and walked away.