06

Chapter 06 (edited)

"Since when are you and Styles friends," The Irish voice broke Louis out of his trance.

"We're not," Louis simply replied, not really knowing how to explain their situation.

"Yeah, because strangers share food, sure," Niall says sarcastically, rolling his eyes.

Then the bell rang, making the boys pack up, heading to their last two lessons. After school had ended, Louis was walking towards his driver when someone came in front of him, blocking his view.

"Um?" Louis said expectantly, looking up at Harry.

"Can you come tutor me for physics?" Harry asks and Louis rolls his eyes.

"No, I'm pretty sure that my parents won't allow me. And the grades are already out," Louis says.

"Yeah, but those are the grades for the first semester, not the full year, and I need to raise my average," Harry says.

Louis huffs, taking his phone out of his pocket, seeing Harry's eyes widen at his iPhone 7.

"Some guy gave it to my dad as a gift and he didn't want it, got it day before yesterday," Louis says, responding to Harry's silent question.

Louis texts his mother, knowing that she was more lenient, 'Can I go over to a friend's for physics?' He asks, his mother takes a couple seconds before replying 'who is this friend?' As an instinct, Louis' left-hand goes up to his mouth, something that happens when he's nervous.

'A new friend, Josh, he comes to church.' He says, remembering talking to some guy named Josh in church.

'Very well, send me an address and I'll send the driver, return by 7:30' His mother says and Louis sighs.

"My mum said fine," He shortly says and Harry smiles.

"Well, c'mon then," Harry says motioning to where he is parked.

Louis looked over to Harry's usual parking spot, seeing that his car wasn't parked there.

"Um, Harry, did you change parking spaces?" Louis questions and Harry shakes his head.

"My car has actually gone for repair, so I'm currently using my bike," Harry says, Louis, stopping in his tracks as he sees a bike in front of them.

"No, absolutely not, I'm calling the driver back this instant," Louis says unlocking his phone, but Harry steps forward, grabbing Louis' wrist.

"Please Louis, I promise it's not that scary once we start going," Harry says, jutting out his bottom lip.

"No, you go, we'll practice some other day," Louis says, hesitation and fear clear on his face.

"Please, trust me, just this one time," Harry whispers, taking one step closer so their chests were nearly touching. Louis' breath hitches.

"Just once." He whispers, causing a large smile to break out on Harry's face, motioning for Louis to follow him. Louis looked around, nervous, as he sees the countless students looking at them, startled by the odd pairing hanging out together.

Louis sits on the bike "I'll fall off, there's nothing to hold," Louis says, moving to get off.

Harry turns around, whispering "There's me," And then the bike starts to move, Louis lets out a yelp, instantly clutching a palm to his mouth.

He quickly wraps his arms around Harry's torso, not listening to his mind telling him to not hold onto Harry. He had to, he would fall off otherwise. Yeah, that's what he told himself.

Louis clenched his eyes shut, unfortunately enjoying the feeling of the wind against his face and hair, he felt free.

Around 10 minutes later, the bike stopped, Louis opened his eyes, seeing Harry's home in front of him. He climbed off the bike, taking a deep breath, ignoring Harry's knowing smile.

He follows Harry into his house, seeing Harry's mum all dressed up.

"Harry, I'm going to meet Robin, I hope you don't mind," She says and Harry smiles.

"It's fine mom, go have fun," He says and Anne smiles, walking to the door, stopping in her tracks to turn around towards Harry.

Harry, thank you so much for selling your c--" Harry turned red, quickly interrupting his mother.

"It's fine mum, it was for the house," He says and Anne smiles before leaving.

Harry turns to Louis "Shall we?" He asks pointing upstairs resulting in Louis' giggle. 

"We shall," He smiles before running up the stairs, figuring out which one was Harry's room.

Louis frowns when he sees a broken glass case hanging on the wall.

"What's that?" He asks when Harry enters the room.

"Oh, uh, well remember when you came here last week and someone had stolen all of my mum's money and jewelry? Yeah, they stole my signed guitar too." Harry says, frowning.

"Oh, but how did your mom have so much jewelry earlier?" Louis asks, a confused question on her face.

"I bought it for her," Harry says, moving to grab his books.

"But how do you have enough money to buy that for her?" Louis asks.

"You really do ask a lot of questions." Harry says, causing Louis to pout, he was just curious, how could an 18-year-old afford so much jewelry?

"9 months ago, my dad left us, so we quickly started losing money because my mum didn't work. She quickly started working and I got a job at a bakery too. So when we got robbed it was obviously really hard for her because my dad bought her all that jewelry after they got married. So, I-uh," Harry stops for a second before continuing.

"Because I already have a bike, I sold my car so we could have more money for the house and I also bought her some jewelry. Okay?" Harry finishes.

"It's fine Harry, I'm a momma's boy too, but that was really considerate of you," Louis whispers and Harry smiles.

"My mum's all I have, my sister's in uni so we never even talk anymore," Harry says and Louis frowns.

Louis opens his books, sighing.

"It's okay, it will soon start to get better," Louis whispers, smiling sadly.

Harry looked at Louis, a fond smile evident on his face before quietly responding.

"It already is,"

A/N: I really liked this chapter! It's the longest one yet, please vote and comment!