40

2 months later.

"Graduation baby!" Niall exclaimed, running into the auditorium. Harry smiled, wrapping his arm around Louis' waist "We did it Lou." He whispers.

Both of their universities were only 45 minutes apart, so they could visit each other frequently.

They were both sitting next to each other, waiting for their names to be called. "Harry Styles." Ms. Flack said, smiling at him.

Harry went to the podium, taking his diploma, "I started off with only D's and F's and I'd like to say that I've come so far, thanks to one person." He starts off, eyes on Louis.

"I honestly never thought that I'd be here, graduating, and yeah we weren't studying in some of those tutoring lessons..." Harry trails off, smiling as Louis' cheeks flush.

"But I'd just like to thank you all, for being my friends, my family, of course some people didn't like me because I'm gay, but so what? They don't know about us." Harry finished, a round of applause immediately heard.

Their last names were only a letter apart so immediately after that "Louis Tomlinson." Was heard.

He went onto the podium, slightly nervous. "Hi. My name is Louis and a lot of you probably don't know me. I'm just the nerd that sits at the back of the class. The boy who dresses too formal for school. They boy who hasn't even gotten to first base. Well that's what most of you think of me."

"But I'd like to think that there's more to me than that. I-I love playing the piano, I actually like football, despite being a 'nerd', my favorite subject is drama. Shocker, I know." He said, a few laughs being heard.

His eyes flickered to Harry, seeing him giving him two thumbs up.

"And okay, I was raised being told that I'm not meant to like boys and any physical interaction is banned before marriage. But uh, I fell in love with a boy. A man, more so. And it's the best feeling ever."

"To be honest, I never thought that my graduation speech would sound like this, but I'm hella happy that it does. Thank you." Louis finished off, loud cheers coming from Niall, Liam, Zayn and of course, Harry.

Louis blushed, sitting down, Harry presses a kiss to his temple. "You did great." Louis smiling at Harry.

After graduation, there was a big party at Niall's that night but Louis and Harry didn't really want to go, they had something else in mind.

-

"Harry, you didn't have to do all of this." Louis said in awe. The restaurant was empty, just for them, there were fairy lights hanging from both of their chairs and it was absolutely gorgeous.

"Lou, I wanted to, trust me." Harry said, pulling out a chair for Louis.

A waiter showed up, giving them some really fine champagne. "Is this why you always stayed for extra shifts at the bakery?" Louis asked, Harry nodding in response.

"Oh my god, I feel terrible." Louis exclaimed, his hands covering his face.

Harry leaned over the table and pushed Louis' hands from his face before placing a small kiss onto his lips.

"It was worth it." He said, Louis' cheeks brightening.

"You're always worth it." He adds.

Just as they finished with dessert, the lights dimmed, Harry grabbing Louis hands and led him to the middle of the restaurant.

They started to dance, a song called "home" playing in the background.

By the end of it, Harry was on one knee. "Don't worry, I'm not proposing." Harry said, Louis letting out a watery laugh.

"It's a promise ring, to symbolize that one day, we will be together, forever." Harry said.

Louis just kissed him once.

Twice.

Thrice.

You know what I mean.

A/N: epilogue next chapter.