17

A/N: trigger warning: instance of self abuse

Chapter 17 (edited)

Louis was in his bathroom right now, looking into the mirror with tears streaming down his face. He knew that Harry said that he was 'gorgeous' but he was obviously lying. Louis eyed his razor, clenching his eyes shut.

He didn't want to hurt himself but everything was getting so overwhelming lately, he just wanted a break. A break from everything. He sniffed, going forward to grab his razor and detach the blade. He holds it in his hand, wondering how it would feel to run it over his wrist.

He shakes, taking little breaths. He bit his lip, experimentally dragging the blade over his wrist, clenching his fist. He lets out a sob, it hurt so much.

He tries once more before deciding that it hurt too much, he knew that nothing was worth hurting himself over. He washed the blade before throwing it into the bin, sighing. He than wet a washcloth, placing it on his wrist, biting his lip, nearly drawing blood.

Once done, he grabs a gauze, wrapping it around his wrist. He walks out to his room, laying down onto the bed, resting his head onto the pillow, taking a deep breath.

-

The next day, Louis' wrist was burning, he changed the gauze, pressing a finger to his temple, trying to calm himself down. He got to school, having biology first.

"Okay so you all know about the reproductive system, right?" She says and everyone nods, Louis blushes as he sees Harry looking at him, raising an eyebrow.

"Don't be immature!" She says, rolling her eyes at some of the class snickering.

They continued to discuss muscles and hypertension for the rest of the lesson, Louis nearly falling asleep.

His father wanted him to become a pastor but Louis really wasn't interested in that. Louis wanted to become a drama teacher, it was his favorite subject but he knew that his father would never approve of it.

Louis was for lunch and he bought a mini pudding cup, knowing that it would satisfy his stomach until dinner so he could eat less.

He ate half of it, throwing the other half away. He was walking to the bathroom to wash his hands, it was awfully hot so he rolled up his sleeves. He went into the bathroom, unwrapping the gauze as it was starting to itch. He'd just keep his sleeves down today.

He sighed, walking out of the bathroom, not realizing that his sleeves are still rolled up halfway.

He turned to his right to see Harry there, mouth wide open, just staring at Louis' arms. Louis' eyebrows furrowed as he looked down seeing that his cuts were revealed. Harry was just standing there frozen before walking up to Louis.

Louis ran, he ran straight back into the bathroom and into a stall, resting his head on the door.

Now Harry's going to think that Louis was a freak. He sat there, taking deep breaths.

He then left the stall, not expecting Harry to be standing outside.

"Lou," Harry breathes out, a worried expression on his face.

Louis' eyes widened and thankfully, he was saved by the bell. He bit his lip, before scurrying off to his next lesson.

-

Thankfully, Louis' parents hired a new driver today so he didn't have to walk home. He was waiting for his driver as he might've taken some time to figure out the directions.

He felt a presence next to him and it felt familiar. He saw that it was Harry and went to walk away but Harry put his arm around Louis' waist, pulling him into his chest.

"Lou, just listen to me," Harry whispers, voice shaky. He takes a hold of Louis' forearm, about to pull up the sleeve. Louis quickly pulls his arm away, shaking his head quickly.

"Please Louis," He whispers and Louis bites his lip.

"I promise it won't change anything. It won't change who you are, it won't change how I feel about you," Harry says and Louis runs a hand through his hair, letting Harry take his forearm.

Harry slowly slides up the left sleeve, revealing the fresh red lines. Harry looks around, before bending down and pressing a soft kiss to both of them.

Louis whimpers, clenching his eyes shut in sheer embarrassment. Harry's eyes show clear sadness.

"Lou, you have no reason to ever harm yourself. You're so beautiful and I love your quirkiness and your sass, seriously Louis. I don't know what's going on at home but please, please never do this again. You don't deserve it," Harry says, eyes glossy.

"Why are you crying?" Louis whispers, his eyes already filled with tears.

"You're hurt," Harry says softly, shaking his head.

"I was only trying it, I promise, I won't do it again," Louis sniffles.

Harry sighs before nodding, biting his lip.

"Okay, Lou, just remember that you're worth everything."

Just then, Louis' driver pulls up. Louis gives Harry a wobbly smile before sitting in the car, waving softly.

---

When Louis was in bed that night he kept on thinking about what Harry said.

'You're so beautiful and I love your quirkiness and your sassiness. Please never do this again. You don't deserve it.'

And for some reason, Louis believed him.