20

Chapter 20 (edited)

"Harry you can't just come in my house like this!" Louis exclaims.

"After you used me like that?!" He said and Harry sighed.

"Louis, just hear me o--"

"No Harry you used me for a stupid bet an-and I fell for it, y-you.." Louis trails off, eyes filling with tears. He runs into the bathroom, quickly wiping his face.

Harry sighs, knocking on the door.

"Louis please just hear me out," He says, getting no response. He looks through the room, seeing a key in the drawer. He crosses his fingers, hoping that it's for the bathroom. He hears the click of the door opening and walks in, eyes softening at Louis sitting down, knees to his chest.

He picks up Louis, ignoring his protests to put him down. Harry sits on the bed, placing Louis on his lap, Louis turns around and instinctively wrapping his legs around Harry.

"First off, why are you so mad at me? Say Liam did this, would you be so mad at him?" Harry asks and Louis sighs, shaking his head softly.

"Why?" Harry asks and Louis frowns.

"Because I don't fucking love Liam!" He exclaims, eyes widening as he realizes what he said.

He goes to get off Harry's lap but Harry wraps his arms around Louis' waist.

"Harry I don't-I have to-I just," Louis stutters, trying to find the correct words to say.

"You need to go, just tell my mum that you have to and I don't know-I just..." Louis trails off.

"Can you listen to me now?" Harry asks causing Louis to sigh.

"Fine, what do you have to say?" He asks and Harry smiles.

"Where did you hear that I'm using you for a stupid bet?" Harry asks, causing Louis to shrug.

"I was in the bathroom and some guys were talking about your and Zayn's bet for me," He says, frowning.

"Do you know who was talking?" Harry asks.

"I don't know but one guy had a voice like yours, maybe a bit less deep and one guy sounded a lot like Joe," Louis says, biting his lip.

"Nick," Harry said, eyes turning angry.

"Louis I swear that I would never play with your feelings. I lo-I deeply care for you and anyway, you're not even Zayn's type. He likes more masculine guys," Harry says, getting increasingly annoyed at Nick.

"What do you mean, I am masculine," Louis gasps, mouth wide open.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever floats your boat," Harry says, eyebrows raised.

"Do you believe me?" Harry asks, and Louis timidly nods, a shy smile on his face.

"What were you saying earlier about not loving Liam?" Harry asks, Louis' cheeks instantly brightening.

"Harry!" He whines, pushing him softly.

"Okay, okay sorry," He chuckles, a knock then being heard. Louis gets off Harry's lap, seeing that it was his mother.

"Boys, food is ready so come on down," She says, Harry and Louis nodding, following Jay down the stairs.

Harry's eyes widened as he saw the variety of food set on the table, him usually just eating pasta.

"Jay, why did you set so much, Louis doesn't have to eat more," Troy says, seeing the variety.

"Oh stop it Troy, Liam's cousin Harold is here," Jay says, giving Troy a look.

"Jay look at him, he's tall and looks thin. And then look at our boy, look at his behind!" Troy exclaimed. Harry clenched his fist, opening his mouth to say something. He felt a soft touch on his thigh as he saw Louis place his hand there, a pleading look on his face.

Harry exhaled, not saying anything to retort to Troy. They ate in silence before Jay took a sudden interest in Harry.

"So Harold what do your parents do for a living?" She asks, Harry quickly looking to Louis for an answer.

"My dad is the pastor back in homes-chapel," he quickly says, trying to sound believable.

"Oh, I'd love to meet him someday," Jay says with a smile on her face, Harry nodding softly.

"Thanks, mum but we have to continue on the project, Harold will probably leave in an hour," Louis says but Louis' mum shakes her head.

Suddenly Harry's phone rings, the marimba ringtone filling the room. He picks it up, his mother's voice filling his ears.

"Harry, dear I'm so sorry, Robin booked a cabin for us in the forest tonight, I didn't know but do you mind staying at home alone?" She quickly says.

"Wait what? Mum, you could've told me earlier," Harry says, slightly shocked by the sudden news. He doesn't mind though, he just wanted his mum to be happy.

"Okay, I'll just head home now I guess," He says before turning off his phone. Jay smiles at him

"Harold if there are any issues or anything, we do have a guest room that you can stay in tonight," Jay says, adjusting her jacket.

Harry looks over to Louis, seeing him blushing and shrugging.

"Thank you so much, ma'am," Harry responds, to which Jay just smiles before heading back up.

Harry goes to Louis' room.

"I need some clothes, but yours are too short," Harry says, smiling cheekily.

Louis sighs, rolling his eyes, going to his closet.

"My aunt got these for me but they're too big, you can try them," Louis says, tossing them in Harry's face. Harry goes into the bathroom, the sweats being a bit short but nonetheless comfy.

He grabs a pillow going to the guest room, laying down, sighing softly.

---

He wakes up later in the night when he hears some knocking on the door.

A/N: cliffhanger, I'm sorry but I love seeing your reaction. Wow, I sound evil. But anyways, I hope you enjoyed, if so, please vote and comment!