12

Chapter 12 (edited)

Louis was in English class, forcing his eyes to remain open, not wanting his dad to kick him out again. Once he heard the bell, he practically ran to the cafeteria, being so exhausted from the day.

He sat down next to Niall, sighing softly, rubbing his temples. This was the hardest school year Louis has experienced, the workload was piling up and he was so stressed lately.

Harry walked up to the table, sliding into the seat next to Louis.

"Hi," He whispers, smiling brightly.

"Hi," Louis rolls his eyes before whispering, hiding his smile in the back of his hand.

"Can you please help me study today?" Harry says, moving closer to Louis' face, pouting.

"No! Harry, I have to study myself," Louis says, shaking his head.

"Don't people say that you learn best by teaching others?" Harry says, sticking his tongue out.

"Harry, we have a physics test next week," Louis says, tilting his head to one side.

"So we'll learn together," Harry says, using many different hand gestures to look like he had some amazing scientific idea.

"Fine, but this is the last time," Louis responds, rolling his eyes.

"Thanks, Lou," Harry smiles before standing up and skipping off. Louis rolls his eyes once more, a small smile on his face as he whispers that Harry was a 'doof.'

Niall had a confused expression on his face.

"What is up with you and Styles?" Niall asks, eyebrows raised in a questioning expression.

"Nothing," Louis says, becoming shy all of a sudden.

"I'm not deaf. He called you Lou," Niall says, looking at Louis, rolling his eyes.

"I don't know Niall, we became sorta close in the past week," Niall just nods, going back to eating his macaroni.

"You guys are just friends though, right? Because you guys seem really comfortable around each other," Niall asks, looking up.

"Niall, of course we're just friends," Louis quickly says, biting his lip as his cheeks brighten.

-

The day comes to an end as Louis walks to where Harry's bike was parked, still slightly afraid of it.

Harry was waiting by the bike, smoking a cigarette. Louis frowns.

"Ew, Harry don't smoke," Louis says, taking the cigarette out of Harry's mouth and putting it on the ground, stepping on it.

"Lou, it calms me down," Harry says, sighing.

"You can calm down some other way, just don't smoke," Louis says, annoyed.

"Whatever," Harry huffs before getting onto his bike, telling Louis to get on. Louis gets onto the bike, wrapping his arms around Harry, pressing his cheek to the top of Harry's back, ignoring the weird feeling in his stomach.

They reach Harry's house in 10 minutes and Louis lets out a breath, actually enjoying the freeing feeling of the wind in his hair.

He gets off, following Harry into the house, going upstairs to Harry's room. They start to work on Compton scattering, Harry getting somewhat confused but eventually understanding.

They continue to work on it, getting tired after a couple hours. Louis looks outside seeing that it was raining really heavy and there were a few strikes of lightning.

As if on cue, his phone rings, his mom's name flashing across the screen. He answers, placing the phone to his ear.

"Louis, the weather reports say that the Thunder will get worse over the night so the driver can't really come, it wouldn't be safe. Would it be fine for you to stay over at Josh's house? Perhaps in the guest room?" His mom asks.

"Uh I'll just ask, can I call you back in a minute?" He says and his mother agrees, her voice getting slightly calmer.

"Harry, my driver can't come because of the thunder so can I stay over tonight?" Louis asks, blushing because this was like a routine. Louis definitely didn't mind though, he got the best sleep in Harry's bed, or anywhere with Harry in general.

Harry just nodded before going back to what he was doing on his phone. Louis called his mother, telling her that 'Josh' was fine with it.

After that, the boys studied a bit more, before getting tired of the long day.

"Can I borrow pajamas?" Louis asks and Harry gives him the same things that he wore last time. Harry was once more only in sweats.

"At least your AC is fixed now," Louis says, feeling much better than last time.

"If it's still too hot I can leave," Harry says. Louis didn't get it at first but then slapped Harry's arm.

"Hush, you loser," He says, rolling his eyes.

Harry just smiles, getting into the bed. Louis' mum was right, the Thunder did get worse. It was extremely loud and Louis hated admitting it, but he was frightened of thunder.

He couldn't help but flinch every time it was heard, and Harry must've noticed because he turned around, a confused look on his face.

"I-sorry, I'm just a bit scared of thunderstorms," Louis says. Harry just smiles, saying that it was fine, before turning back around.

But Louis couldn't sleep, the thunder just got louder and louder and now Louis was on the verge of tears, not getting a blink of sleep.

Harry must've been awake too, as he turned around once more.

"Are you sure you're fine Lou?" He asks and Louis nods his head but Harry sees his glassy eyes.

Harry hesitates but then opens his arms, Louis instantly cuddling into Harry's warm chest, feeling calmer at once. Harry slides his arm up Louis' shirt, resting on his back, softly rubbing it to calm the smaller boy.

As another strike of thunder is heard, Louis flinches once more, clenching his eyes shut. Harry presses a soft kiss to Louis' forehead, whispering that it would be fine.

"I hate thunder," Louis whispers and Harry frowns, now creating circles into the younger's bare skin.

"It'll eventually stop, don't worry," He says. Louis looks up, a few tears threatening to fall.

Harry frowns when he sees Louis' tears, just hugging him tighter.

"Harry, can you just talk to me for a while, to distract me?" Louis whispers, looking up.

Harry immediately nods as Louis looks at Harry. They talk about quite a few different things, from their friends to their interests, too, ironically, their fears.

"I think that it's stopped," Harry says, trying to hear any thunder. Louis smiles, moving down to Harry's chest, loving the warmth.

Harry smiles, wrapping his arm around Louis before closing his eyes.

They both slept in each other's arms that night.

A/N: that was a cute ending, don't you think? Please vote and comment!