The Darkness Inside: Miss Me?

Mark sits on his couch, his phone in hand and his face worried. His face had become scruffy as he hadn't shaved for weeks. He turns his phone on looking down for any sign of anything happening, just to turn it off again. He had been repeating this for the past hour.

It had been a long time since he had heard from Jack and frankly it worried him. He hadn't been posting on any social media, he hadn't been answering any calls.

Mark dials his number again putting the phone to his ear, his leg bounced in a stressful way. After a bit of ringing it goes to jacks voice.

"Hey this is Jack, leave a message"

Jacks voicemail says in his cheerful Irish accent. Mark sighs and after it beeps speaks quietly into the phone.

"Hey Jack, its mark.... again... I'm worried, i just need some sign that you're alright. Please call me back...."

He says worry clear in his voice. He would have loved to be able to just stop by Jack's house and check on him but he was all the way in Ireland. Mark had been considering catching a flight over there but kept talking himself out of it. Mark glances over to his computer and finally sighs standing and walking over to it. He opens it ready to buy tickets for a flight to Ireland before a knock sounds at his door, startling him slightly.

He looks over to it a bit confused.

"who would be visiting at this hour...."

he mumbles confused. All his friends were in different states or countries and it was too late for any deliveries. He stands and walks over to the door reaching out, his hand touches the cold metal and he hesitantly turns the knob opening it.

The first thing he see's is familiar green hair, it was Jack, but something was off. His hair was pushed back in a disheveled mess, and his sleeves pushed up to his elbows halfheartedly. His face was paler than usual, his eyes seemed sunken, dark, and one of them the natural blue was replaced with an unnatural sickening green.

"Jack?"

Mark asks quietly, he hadn't expected to see Jack in LA and certainly not after Jack had been seemingly off the map. Jack smiles slightly his smile seeming dark and even a little sinister. The green haired man pushes past mark walking into the apartment. He looks around a bit before turning to mark, his grin still in place.

"Hello, mark"

Jack says quietly, his usually cheerful voice deeper and darker. This certainly didn't seem like the Jack Mark knew.

"Jack, are you okay, where have you been?"

Mark asks walking forward his eyes scanning the irish man cautiously, something was definitely off but Mark couldn't tell what was wrong with him. Jack stands his ground his mouth curving upwards in an amused fashion.

"oh mark... poor naive Mark. I'm not Jack"

He says a slight chuckle to his voice. Mark stops walking a few inches in front of him, looking into his dark eyes.

"who are you?"

Mark asks his eyes narrowing, his stance was tense ready to fight, or run if needed. The green haired man laughs in a sinister way, his eyes gleaming with mischief.

"you don't remember me? Perhaps i could, refresh, your memory"

He says quietly his grin growing. Before mark can react the mans hand reaches out balling into marks shirt and pulling him forward. Marks lips meet the stranger's causing Mark's eyes to widen and a small surprised gasp escape him, which only offers the stranger more access. the way this stranger acted, the way he kissed, a flood of memories come back to Mark, Dark memories that had been pushed to the back of his mind and forgotten. He knew who this was.

Finally Mark is able to pull his head away, however the man still holds his shirt, their faces only inches apart. Mark can feel sweat beading on his forehead as the man grins at him in a sinister way.

"A-Anti...."

Mark says in a quiet whisper, a mix of fear and worry clear in his voice only making the man smile more.

"Miss me?"

Anti says quietly.