The Darkness Inside: Beginning Day One

The next morning they wake up the same way, however Jack was the first to wake up. His eyes struggle to open as he groans and nuzzles into a warmth beside him. Thinking at first it was the blanket. However it was sturdy, strong, definitely not like a blanket, however it was warm, safe, making Jack want to cuddle in more. When his mind finally becomes alert he realizes it was Mark he had cuddled up against. The sleeping Mark not seeming to have minded in the slightest. Jack's cheeks heat and he tries to pull away however his body wouldn't move.

He couldn't move away, or move any of his limbs, only his face he was in control of. He begins panicking a bit thinking about waking Mark up for help before a voice stops him.

Stop fighting it Sean. Doesn't this just feel right? This is exactly why i'm here...

The voice says, sounding as if it was all around him, but he knew it was just Anti in his head. He growls quielty and clenches his eyes shut pushing Anti away and shutting him up. He was able to move again and hesitantly moves away from Mark, instantly missing the man's warmth though he'd rather not admit that. He stands up stretching with a soft yawn and runs a hand through his already messed up hair.

He walks to the kitchen, his first thought of course being food. He opens the fridge and looks inside before seeing a container of pancake mix. The least he could do is make breakfast, especially with all Mark had done for him. He grabs it and searches Mark's cabinets until he finds a skillet. Jack examines the oven figuring out how it worked and turns it on before grabbing a cooking spray. He smiles to himself and flips it up in the air catching it with a small laugh at himself. He hums quietly to himself beginning to pour the pancake mix and cook a small stack of flapjacks.

Soon Jack can hear the shower running and he assumes Mark had woken up. He had finished the stack of pancakes and was washing the pan before he could hear a voice sounding like it was singing. It was slightly muffled by the water of the shower. It was a deep voice, slightly gruff, but smooth at the same time. Jack almost immediately recognizes this voice as Mark's and smiles a bit. It sounded as though Mark was singing the song "Don't Stop Believeing" and was getting fairly into it. Jack stifles a laugh as he walks down the hall to the bathroom door. It was cracked open slightly and Mark's sweet buttery voice echoed around the house.

A part of Jack was tempted to push open the door but another part stopped him. However in a moment almost as though he wasn't in control of his body his hand reaches out pushng lightly on the door. Jack quickly turns away as it creaks open, Mark having not noticed. The only thing Jack had seen, was Mark's sculped torso, soaked in water. Jack makes his way back to the kitchen his cheeks burning slightly red just as he hears the water shut off.

Within five minutes Mark walks out of the hall, his hair still slightly damp. Jack had set the table for breakfast, two plates each with a small stack of three pancakes, syrup in the mdidle of the table, and two mugs of coffee. Mark walks out and raises an eyebrow as Jack walks out from the kitchen.

"Mornin' Mark"

Jack says with a small smile, his cheeks almost back to their natural color, yet still slightly red.

"Morning.... whats this?"

Mark asks gesturing to the breakfast set out on the table. Jack smiles a bit more and shrugs.

"Well you let me stay with you, so consider this repayment... and i mean, i'm sure we could both use a little time to relax before... you know..."

Jack says quietly his smile seeming a bit more strained. Mark nods and sits down as Jack does the same. Within minutes they were each digging into the food, both of them silent and lost in their own thoughts. The only sound in the room their breathing and the clang of forks hitting plates.

Mark sets his fork down after a second and sighs putting his head in his hands. Jack looks at him a bit worriedly but says nothing.

"Jack... We can't avoid talking about this...."

Mark says hesitantly avoiding looking into the green haired man's eyes. Jack takes in a breath and looks down a bit dropping his fork down and simply nods, his mind trying to figure out what to say.

"Mark.... I'm scared...."

Jack says almost inaudibly finally looking up and at Mark who still avoided his blue eyes.

"I know.... I am too"

Mark says after a few seconds of silence his brown eyes lifting and looking into Jack's ocean blue ones, his own finally showing the fear he had been feeling since this all began.

"Jack... we are running out of options... we can't let them take over, they're too unpredictable"

Mark says quietly, his voice even seeming to quiver slightly. Jack's head lowers and he nods just barely. When he looks up again his eyes had teared up.

"Mark we can't do this... we can't beat them, its all over for us"

Jack says quickly standing up so fast his chair almost tipped. He began pacing the room his eyes teared and forcing the tears back. Mark stands as well and looks at him.

"Jack calm down we can do this."

Mark says walking forward to try and calm him, he reaches his hand and places it on Jack's shoudler stopping him from pacing. Jack stops and looks at him as a single tear falls, all of this seemed to be making him go crazy.

"Are you stupid!"

Jack suddenly yells, making Mark wince slightly.

"What do we have! nothing! we might as well just let them take over, thats what is going to happen anyway!"

Jack yells his emotions seeming to be taking over him. He reaches up with both hands and presses them against Mark's chest pushing him backwards. Mark stumbles slightly but stays standing looking at Jack wide eyed.

"They are going to destroy us! We have no cha-"

Jack begins yelling again before being cut off as Mark grabs him and pulls him into a tight hug, his strong arms wrapping around the green haired man's thin body. Jack's eyes widen in surprise as his head lays against the man's chest though he doesn't fight it.

"Jack... we will get through this, as long as we have eachother there is nothing we can't do..."

Jack takes in a shaky breath as Mark's smooth voice hits his ears. Finally he lets the tears fall burying his head into the red haired man's chest.

"I-I'm sorry...."

Jack mumbles shakily his hands clenching the man's shirt. Mark smiles slightly rubbing the man's back gently.

"Don't be... we can do this..."

Mark says quietly, though he wasn't too sure.