The Darkness Inside: Brainstorming

Jack and Mark sit in a booth at a small nearby resteraunt. Of course they had been recognized a couple times like always but told each one they were busy. Not meaning to be rude but there were more important things. They sat in a back corner, they had decided they might as well get some food while they talk. Besides though Jack was hopeful Mark wasn't as believeing as he acted. And he figured even if they weren't going to make it, he could at least spend his last couple days in the company of Jack. As these thoughts move throughout his head his eyes focus on the green haired man across from him. The man he was soon to lose.

"Mark"

Jack says snapping Mark out of his state of thinking, Mark shakes his head clearing his thoughts and looks at him.

"yes?"

Mark asks as he looks into the man's worried blue eyes.

"Whats wrong you look worried"

Jack says quietly his head tilting slightly as he examines the red haired man who shakes his head.

"Its... Its nothing"

Mark says plastering on a small smile, which Jack doesn't believe for a second, but he says nothing deciding to push the subject no further, and thinking he already knew what was on Mark's mind.

"We'll get through this Mark"

Jack says quietly so no one around can hear, his blue eyes staring into Mark's. Mark smiles slightly and nods, though he still had his doubts. Soon a waitress comes by, clearly recognizing the two but doing her job without much bother, just smiling a bit more than usual. Mark orders a simple chicken and rice while Jack simply orders a plate of beef and potatoes. The waitress walks away and Jack looks at Mark.

"Well... we need to think of something if we only have two days"

Jack says quietly making sure no one around them could hear, though that wasn't much of a struggle the resteraunt already being quite noisy. Mark sighs quietly running a hand through his red hair out of habit.

"I don't know... how are we going to figure this out...."

Mark says looking at Jack hopelessly. Jack sighs looking at him.

"Alright... we can figure this out. lets just go through what we know... they are both crazy, dangerous, and looking for control, yet they are still a part of us..."

Jack says quietly clearly hating to talk about how this monster was a part of him.

"Where did they come from?"

Jack asks looking at Mark to see if he knew. Jack swears he can see a bit of red appear on Mark's cheeks before he clears his throat and speaks in his deep voice.

"Well... Dark said they come from emotions that had been pushed back or hidden."

Mark says quietly, his voice sounding a bit more nervous. Jack seems to think for a minute of what emotions he had pushed back before his cheeks turn pink and he looks away.

"Oh..."

He says quietly realizing part of the reason the two had formed.

"well... have we tried... accepting whatever emotions they are"

Jack says quietly his cheeks burning a bit more. Mark didn't notice his friends red cheeks as he himself looks away focusing on not blushing anymore.

"I don't think that would work.... They could have stemmed from multiple emotions... we don't know them all"

Mark says almost inaudibly in the noisy resteraunt, though he did know the main one, he refused to admit to that. Jack nods slightly composing himself as the waitress comes by dropping the food off. Jack begins eating almost immediately, scarfing it down as if he hadn't eaten in days which makes Mark chuckle quietly as he begins eating his own food. Jack hears the chuckle and looks at Mark his mouth full of food.

"what's so funny?"

He asks in a voice muffled by his full mouth which only makes Mark laugh more.

"nothing. your just adorable when you stuff your face"

Mark says before blushing and realizing what he said. He looks away quickly his cheeks flushing as Jack blushes as well, his pale skin turning a pink. Mark had called him adorable? He was just teasing... right? Mark soon clears his throat his cheeks returning to their natural color as Jack's still burn. Mark begins eating again as if he had said nothing. And soon they both finish and stand up. They pay the bill and soon walk home just as the sun had begun to set.