The Darkness Inside: They're Back

Jack sat on the edge of the bed, his head resting in his hands as he thought and thought, trying to form some sort of idea, his thoughts hurried and not making much sense. Mark paced the room, right in front of Jack, back and forth, back and forth, his hair messed up from his hand repeatedly running through it. Him pacing only stressed Jack out More but he says nothing trying to ignore it.

"Dammit there has to be a way"

Mark huffs plopping onto the bed next to Jack not looking at the Irish man. Jack takes in a breath, his eyes travelling to the man beside him, thankful he had stopped pacing, but hating how hopeless he now looked. Jack's eyes widen slightly before looking down and finally speaking, his voice almost inaudible.

"There might be one way..."

Jack says sounding hesitant to give it out. Mark looks at him curiously not sure what he was getting at, but open to almost any idea.

"We could just....."

Jack says quietly before stopping, not wanting to finish the statement, but he doesn't need to as Mark's eyes widen showing he had figured out what the green haired man meant.

"Jack no, we aren't doing that"

Mark says his eyes still wide as he stares at the man next to him, were things really so dark Jack would suggest such a thing. There was no way he was serious.

"But what if there is no other wa-"

Jack begins before being interrupted.

"NO! we aren't doing that!"

Mark almost yells, his voice stressed as he looks away. Jack winces slightly at his sudden harsh tone before nodding slightly looking down a bit, his eyes full of hopelessness as well now.

"I'm sorry... i shouldn't have suggested that..."

Jack says quietly his voice almost inaudible, his soft tone makes Mark sigh feeling bad. Mark reaches over placing a hand on the mans shoulder gently.

"Sorry... i didn't mean to yell... but we can't give up that easily"

Mark says calmly, looking into Jack's blue eyes gently. Jack looks back his cheeks glowing a light pink before he nods.

"its fine... but maybe we could.... just accept them...."

He says quietly thinking back. Mark's cheeks burn a slight red as he remembers, Dark was the feelings he supposedly felt for his friend, he couldn't let that out, he didn't even know if it was true.

"Not happening... they want control remember"

Mark says quietly hiding his blush with his head turned away. Jack still seems in thought not paying much attention to Mark.

"Yes but i suggested that to Anti when I talked to him...."

Jack says a shiver running through his body every time he thinks about it.

"And.... he hesitated... he actually thought it over Mark... what if we just try to become one with them. All they want is to be accepted.... right?"

Jack says not really liking the idea himself but thinking they had no other options. Mark thinks it over as well his eyes travelling away deep in thought. It was crazy yes, but could it work? Out of nowhere Mark grabs his head with a groan, the full fledged headache came back, so suddenly Dark almost brought Mark down. But at the last minute, Mark pushes him back tiring himself already.

"Jack..."

Mark says in a strained voice before cutting off with a groan. Jack, his hands also clutching his scalp, intertwining in his green hair, lets a small cry escape him as the pain starts up. He stays silent for a moment as Mark tries to fight the pain to finish his sentence but Jack beats him to it, speaking in a voice full of pain.

"They're back."