The Darkness Inside: Sad End

((Hey guys, so as you know this story has ended. However The happy end and Bad End weren't my first ideas for an ending. In fact i had a really depressing Idea for one. But i scratched it out. But I did like how it was written, so here it is anyway. I may have made myself cry writing this. THIS DOES NOT FOLLOW EITHER OF THE ENDINGS! this part starts right after Mark and Jack run out of time. So right at chapter 25, about lines 22-24 when Anti comes out and Mark passes out. Please reread that part if you need to, anyway here we go! ))

Mark's eyes open slowly, his vision blurred slightly. He looks around, it didn't look as though he'd moved, however Anti was nowhere to be seen.

Mark panics slightly before hearing Anti's voice down the hall, in the bedroom it seemed.

"It didn't work? Why the hell didn't it work!?"

He growls to himself.

"Its fine... we just need to push them even farther..."

He finishes, as Mark hears him digging around the room. Mark stands up, wobbling for a second before regaining his balance. He steadily walks down the hall, before entering the bedroom, and the sight widened his eyes.

Anti sat on the bed, tear marks lining his face, his cocky, crazed grin slightly quivering, a gun, pressed against his temple, and his finger grazing the trigger teasingly. Anti had to have just gotten the gun recently as Mark didn't remember owning one.

Mark feels Dark's energy shift, as though he was struggling to not jump out and stop Anti as though it was a part of some convoluted plan Dark clearly didn't agree with. Upon closer inspection his one green eye flashed rapidly, green, blue, green, blue, over and over. Jack was trying to regain control. Mark steps forward but stops when anti's finger presses the trigger ever so gently.

"I'll shoot us! I swear I will!"

Anti shouts, his eyes crazed, and still flashing. He was clearly close to losing his mind, if he hadn't already. Mark watches him, his flashing eyes, quivering hand. It didn't seem as though Anti was planning to shoot, though who knew what that psychopath was willing to do.

Mark hesitantly takes another step forward, stopping once again as Anti seemed to almost pull the trigger.

"Anti... enough"

Mark says quietly, trying to do something to calm the man down. Anti doesn't respond, his crazed eyes never leaving Mark's face, his smile wavering slightly.

"I've had enough..."

The green haired man says, his voice now a quiet, worn mumble, it sounded like Jack for that split second, his eye flashes blue staying for a few seconds longer as his finger presses against the trigger a bit more. Mark lunges forward as he realizes what was about to happen, what Jack was about to do.

"Sean Don't!"

The world seems to move in slow motion, Mark lunges forward, tear marks stain Jack's face as a small sad smile curves onto Jack's mouth. He looks at Mark, his eyes apologetic, his face tear-streamed. The Irish Man's mouth moves, but no sound is heard as he mouths the words, I'm Sorry.

Then, before mark can reach the man a gunshot rings out, red splatters everything, and Jack's lifeless body falls. Mark stops, staring at the horrid scene, his eyes wide, and breathing quick and uneven. In his head he hears Dark scream loudly, the sound echoing through his skull, full of pain, full of sorrow, full of anger. All the emotions Mark felt as well.

Mark wants to look away from the scene, but can't. His body seems to move on autopilot as he walks forward, struggling to not gag. He grabs the gun from Jack's cold hand and steps back, lifting the gun to his head, his thinking quick, and no doubts about what he was about to do.

This time Mark feels no resistance. All he felt from Dark was a deep sorrow, a deep anger, a deep pain. Though the darker part of him was nearly emotionless most of the time, Mark swore he could feel Dark's tears mixing with the ones rolling down his own cheeks. He could hear the sobbing echoing through his head, and he nearly pitied Dark, though he had done so much to hurt him. Mark felt the same pain, the pain of losing their one true love, for Mark it was Jack, and for Dark, Anti.

Mark presses the cold barrel of the pistol to his temple, his finger on the trigger, his face wet with salty tears.

The room had grown colder, as though Jack's soul lingered. And it had, Jack stood, invisible to Mark, right behind the man. His hand reaching out, struggling to take the gun, pleading for Mark to live on, but there was nothing he could do as a loud bang echoes, and the man falls limply to the floor, even more red staining the room, and tears beginning to fall from Jack's eyes, disappearing as they hit the ground.

Jack falls to his knees, not being able to look away from Mark's body, and his own. Even dead, he still felt pain, and this pain was horrible.

He covers his face with his hands no longer able to bear looking at the scene, loud sobs shaking his body. Soon he feels a presence behind him, and a hand rest on his shoulder. As he looks up he see's Mark, standing above him, crying softly as well. Jack quickly stands up, hesitant, turning away from the horrible scene and rushing into Mark's arms. He buries his face in the man's chest as Mark rubs his back gently, lovingly, holding the man as he cried.

After nearly a full minute of crying Jack looks into the man's brown eyes and leans forward, pressing his cold lips against Mark's and pulling away almost instantly.

"I love you Mark."

"I love you too Sean."

And as the men said this, they knew, that now they would truly be together forever. Forever and Always.

((Alright, so this is what I originally was going to do for the ending, but I realized it was too depressing. I made myself cry writing it. However I still liked how it turned out, so I wanted to share it with you guys anyway. Sorry if it made you sad! I'll be passing around a box of tissues T-T ~P.S. This will be the last ending I do. I still might to a sequel but haven't decided yet. ))