The Darkness Inside: True Intentions

Mark groans sitting on the non visible ground of his dark mind, he knew this place all to well, having sat in it, tons of thoughts rocketing their way through. He closes his eyes struggling to pull Dark back inside, trying to get him away from Jack, afraid of him being hurt. Soon he hears a voice from behind him from out of nowhere, almost monotone, and as familiar as it gets.

"Impressive Mark... you got me back, now what are you going to do?"

Dark asks looking down at Mark sitting on the cold floor, a small smile playing on his lips only making him look more menacing than he was. Mark turns and stands up quickly staring straight into Dark's crimson eyes, his own full of anger, but it was clear Mark was feeling weak. He had used a lot of energy to get Dark away and it was wearing on him.

"I..."

Mark begins before stopping, realizing he didn't know, he couldn't do anything, this monster was in control, and he didn't know how to stop him.

"Exactly what i thought. I'm a part of you Mark, no matter how much you want to keep me away. We are the same, but also different, and i'm the better part."

Dark says simply shrugging slightly and looking into Mark's brown eyes. Mark growls quietly, his anger showing through, as he stared back. Dark simply watched him, seeming a bit bored, and mostly carefree. Compared to Anti, Dark was usually calm, didn't usually seem like he would try to hurt anyone else. More of the silent but deadly type, which might have been even more terrifying than Anti's straightforward attitude.

"You aren't a part of me. Your just some dark spirit, or some freak."

Mark says taking a step forward, as Dark stands his ground. Dark looks at him and raises an eyebrow.

"Mark, I am as much a freak as you, i am you. I'm the darkness you always struggled to keep at bay, all the terrible thoughts you've ever had......every emotion you always denied."

Dark says, and with the last sentence places his hand against Mark's chest gently, not in a threatening way, but also not friendly, feeling his heart beat steadily under his hand. Marks eyes widen slightly before he glares staring at the man whom simply stared at his own hand, rested against Mark's strong chest.

"You don't know what your talking about, I've never denied any of my emotions"

He says in a soft snarl, only making Dark smile slightly.

"Oh really? not even about Sean?"

Dark asks his eyes looking up from his hand and meeting Mark's, his face unreadable. Mark's eyes widen slightly and his mouth curls into a snarl.

"I don't know what your talking about... I don't feel anything for him...."

Mark says quietly looking away a bit. Mark can feel Dark's hand twitch slightly on his chest, almost in an annoyed fashion.

"You can't hide anything from me Mark...I know everything. You pushing back all those feelings, you made me what i am... this... monster... you see in front of you"

Dark says his crimson eyes filling with a slight anger as his hand twitches again. Though Dark was usually fairly calm, even he could still be pushed over the edge as could anyone, and it seemed Mark was doing just that. Mark still keeps his head away, thoughts racing through his head. He didn't feel anything for Jack... right?

"You're lying..."

Mark mumbles almost inaudibly but Dark catches it. In a moment Dark's hand moves from his chest and grabs Mark's chin fairly roughly turning his head so he looks into his deep red eyes.

"Why would i lie to you? I am still you Mark. You are the one lying to yourself"

Dark says a hint of anger showing through his deep voice. Mark looks into his eyes, and there is nothing but honesty in them. As much as Mark hated to admit it, he wasn't lying.

"Ok... if you won't lie to me... what is it you actually want?"

Mark asks quietly, though he was sure he knew. Dark smiles a small chuckle leaving him, something that didn't happen often, and frankly scared Mark.

"I want what you never let me have.... freedom. I want you to feel my pain, the pain of being pushed back, of barely existing"

Dark says, his crimson eyes filling with determination, anger, and Mark thought even a little jealousy. Mark's eyes widen, becoming even a little fearful at this part of himself, he had been pushing it back, for good reason. And he had to continue, he couldn't let him win.

"You won't win Dark, you can't"

Mark says standing taller and staring straight into Dark's eyes. Dark's smile grows, full of darkness, as Mark's vision goes a bit blurry, blackening at the edges.

"We'll see"

Dark says simply just before Mark's vision goes black. He soon wakes up in the bed sitting up quickly, his vision wanders hurriedly, as if looking for something, before landing on a Jack whom had fallen asleep laying next to the red haired man. Mark releases a breath seeing him safe, and himself, sleeping peacefully. Dark's voice keeps repeating in his head, and Mark watches Jack closely, a small almost snore releasing every so often. This was one of Mark's best friends, there was no way he felt anything more than that.... but, what if he did?