The Darkness Inside: Times Up

((Hello again everyone, i'm sorry i haven't updated in awhile, i'm still having trouble with the whole writers block. I feel so bad about taking so long :( But thank you for being understanding and sticking with me. We are now at 3.6K reads! which is way more than i was expecting to get. You guys are all awesome and i'm so happy people are enjoying it :) Oh by the way, Happy Thanksgiving, be sure to eat lots of turkey!))

Jack stares out the window as they drive, the car cloaked in a thick silence. Each one of them lost in their own thoughts. Jack mostly nervous, while Mark was annoyed he was going to some stupid scam of psychic.

They pull up to a small building, it was old, and looked as though it would collapse any second. The small parking lot was empty, not to Mark's surprise. The door creaks as they open it and walk inside, the floorboards creaking. Jack looks around curiously while Mark is clearly suspicious. It seemed overdone, curtains lining the sides, a small table with some fake crystal ball on the table.

"Welcome."

A small voice says, in a second a woman walks out from a back room, she was an older woman, looking to be about in her 40's and she wore a simple black dress with a red headdress adorning her head, small black tendrils of hair framing her face. She gestures for the men to sit as she sits across from them.

Jack examines her, his eyes curious, and Mark looks her up and down, a small scoff escaping him.

"Jack this is stupid let's just go"

Mark whispers to the green haired man, the lady's eyes quickly move to him, her icy gaze staring into his brown eyes. Her look sending shivers down Mark's spine.

"A non-believer? Tell me... why did you come here."

She says to Mark quietly. Mark watches her and opens his mouth to respond but Jack cuts him off.

"We need your help"

Jack says quickly shooting a look at Mark, who glared slightly at the woman. The woman nods slightly, not looking over to the green haired man, and still focusing on Mark.

"You're tense... you're worried... you're... scared?"

The woman says quietly making Mark's glare harden even more, though she pretty much named all the emotions that cluttered Mark's mind. Mark scoffs again and shakes his head turning to look at Jack.

"Jack let's just go, this is clearly a scam."

Mark says standing up, Jack sighs and seems hesitant but stands up as well. As they turn to walk out the woman quickly walks in front of them and grabs Mark's hand, making him flinch slightly.

"Wait..."

She says quietly her cold hands gripping Mark's as her icy green eyes meet his.

"There is a darkness inside you, yes? An evil energy..."

The woman says her voice quiet and ominous, echoing slightly around the enclosed room. Mark sucks in a breath not responding to her as Jack watches slightly wide eyed.

"In both of you... you wish to rid yourself from the darkness.... From the emotions?"

She says quietly, seeming genuinely confused by the situation. Mark stares at her for a few seconds before pulling his hand away from her, his gaze hardening to a glare, but his eyes shining with a newfound curiosity towards the woman.

"W-what do we do?"

Jack asks finally breaking the silence, the woman finally turns to look at him. Her eyes sympathetic towards the two.

"Oppression is never a good thing.... Stop oppressing the emotions... let them go"

She says quietly her green eyes boring into Jack's blue ones, seeming to look straight through him. Into his mind, into his fears, his desires, everything. This thought sends shivers through Jack and he finally looks away from her gaze, though he feels hers linger. Mark hesitates for a second before shaking his head and turning away.

"Jack we're leaving"

He mumbles quietly, his voice emotionless, though his hands shook slightly. Jack nods and follows Mark out, and to the car. Once inside the silence descends on them once again.

"Mark..."

Jack says after a minute or two of the tense silence.

"What if she was really psychic...."

He asks looking up at the red haired man. Mark sighs and runs a hand through his red hair, seeming to think before actually responding.

"It was a scam Jack... not worth the long drive... she was just talking nonsense"

Mark says quietly after a minute's hesitation. Jack nods quietly seeming to think on the idea himself.

"Yah... you're probably right....."

He mumbles quietly. In a second Mark had started up the car, the engine roaring loudly in the quiet, dark parking lot. They drive, the road being nearly empty, their headlights the only light available, even the stars had seemed to flee, hiding in the blanket of dark sky.

Soon they arrive back at the house. They walk inside and Jack sits on the couch while Mark grabs a couple glasses of water from the kitchen, bringing one to Jack, who sat in thought, and taking one for himself. The silence grows heavy as they each think to themselves once again. Jack looked as though he wanted to say something but doesn't, simply letting the silence grow.

Finally after a long silence, Jack does speak.

"Mark... there's... there's something I want-.... I need to tell you"

Jack says quietly, purposefully avoiding Mark's brown gaze. Mark looks over to the man, who fidgeted in his seat. His eyes glancing up to Mark occasionally.

"Mark... I lov-"

Jack begins before the clock echoes, chiming loudly through the house, cutting Jack off. Mark's gaze pulls away from Jack and instead focuses on the clock. Midnight.... Mark's eyes widen slightly, they lost their last chance. Mark groans as his head aches slightly, as though someone was pushing against his skull roughly and a voice echoes through his head, quiet, dark, ominous, chilling.

Time's up...