The Darkness Inside: Madness

(((( Hey everyone, I just want to say really fast, i'm working on updating everyday once again, however I won't promise anything, because as you know stuff happens. Anyway, I know a lot of people have been asking for more Dark x Anti moments, and I promise in the next chapter I will be doing some of that, Thanks for all the support, and thank you all for reading. Anyway, onto the story! ))))

By now it was about 1pm. Time has been flying, but when you only had two days before your death, time wouldn't slow. Jack's breaths had calmed, and he was no longer on the brink of a panic attack however, he was still clearly tense. Flinching at the slightest touch, even from Mark. Mark asked again and again, but Jack refused to talk about why he had screamed, or what had happened, even the thought of it pushing him closer and closer to madness.

But what if he already was mad? Sure felt like it from time to time. These thoughts run through Jack's head, mixed with the dark laughter from Anti, muffled in the depths of his mind. Mark watches the man, who slightly rocked back and forth in place, his breathing soft, almost inaudible.

Mark opens his mouth as though to speak, but closes it again, finding no words to say. Mark reaches out preparing to touch Jack's shoulder slightly but the green haired man stands up before he could. Jack begins pacing slightly in front of the couch, it was clear his legs still felt wobbly though he didn't care, he couldn't sit still anymore, couldn't just sit around waiting to die.

"Jack you really should sit down."

Mark says quietly watching the man closely. Jack doesn't do as he says and continues walking back and forth, his footsteps loud in the quiet house.

"Sit down for what? So I can wait to die? Wait for some demon to take me over? I'm tired of sitting around and doing nothing!"

Jack says his voice growing louder as he does. His voice was completely serious, almost no emotion to it, which slightly worried Mark.

"Jack we are going to figure this out sit down...."

Mark says again, standing up as well. Jack continues pacing and shakes his head, mumbling to himself under his breath, trying to think of something, and ignoring Mark.

Mark growls quietly under his breath and grabs Jack's shoulder, stopping him and turning him to face him.

"Sean enough!"

Mark says almost yelling but not quite. Jack stops his eyes widening slighlty, Mark almost never called him by his real name. Jack says nothing and stares at the man his face seemingly emotionless, but his eyes not being able to hide what he was truly feeling, anger, fear, stress, sadness.

"Listen, we still have a whole day after today, we are going to find a way, and get rid of them for good."

Mark says, clearly not sure about what he was saying, but hoping it would make Jack believe they had a chance.

Jack looks at the man before pushing his hand from his shoulder.

"A day won't be enough...."

Jack mumbles under his breath, but loud enough that Mark heard it. Mark's eyes widen slightly at how hopeless Jack had become, how horrible an impact this ordeal has had on him. Jack looks away from Mark and begins walking away, mumbling something under his breath. Mark simply watches, not following the green haired man as he walks away and into the bedroom, closing the door behind him quietly.

Mark stares at the closed door for a few seconds before sinking onto the couch and putting his head in his hands and sighing.

"What are we going to do...."

Mark says quietly to himself.

Give up perhaps?

The dark voice says in his head, Mark shakes his head and silences it, though he can hear a small chuckle in the back of his mind, clearly belonging to the darker version of himself.

Meanwhile Jack had taken to his pacing again, back and forth, between the window and the door, each on opposite sides of the room. He had completely forgotten the moment with Anti and refused to think about it again, his legs stopped being wobbly however had a deep soreness to them.

"Lets see lets see.... we could...."

Jack mumbles under his breath desperately trying to think of a way to get rid of Anti. If Mark wasn't going to help, he would think of something on his own. He sighs and runs a hand through his hair, disheveling the green strands and walks into the bathroom turning the faucet on cold and splashing a bit on his face to calm his nerves, and hopefully make thinking easier.

He dries his face and looks into the mirror sighing at his tired face.

"What am I thinking... there's no way we can do anything...."

Jack says to his reflection. In a moment his vision blurs slightly and his reflection changes, the eyes mismatched, hair pushed back, and a sinister grin. He shakes his head and tries to push the image away.

"its all in your head..."

Jack mumbles to himself, which makes Anti laugh still in the mirror.

"Just give up, you said it yourself.... Its useless"

Anti says in the mirror making Jack growl.

"Shut up!"

Jack yells and without thinking his fist meets the glass, shattering it. Shards fall to the sink as the reflection dissapears. Jack breathes heavily as Mark runs in.

"Jack what happe-"

Mark begins before stopping in his tracks. His eyes scan over the scene. The mirror shattered, shards littering the floor and sink, Jack breathing heavily and staring into where the mirror once sat, and his hand, hanging limply, blood dripping down his arm, and onto the floor. Small shards of glass sting his hand, as red flows around it, out of the cuts.

Jack's head turns to look at the red haired man, his breathing heavy, and seeming to not notice the bloody state of his hand. His eyes show nothing but anger, causing Mark's first instinct to be to back up, but he doesn't, simply walking forward instead, hesitantly.

He slowly reaches Jack, stepping over shards, and reaches out gently grabbing the mans bloody hand to examine it. Jack says nothing, simply watching the man, his one eye seeming to occasionally shift to a sickening green.