The Darkness Inside: Two More Days

They arrive home just as the last bit of light retreated behind the horizon casting the sky into darkness. Mark sighs and runs his hand through his hair and looks at Jack who played with his hands in front of him. Still thinking about what Mark had said at the diner.

"I think i'm going to shower and then we should call it a night"

Mark says quietly looking at the green haired man. Jack finally looks at him his cheeks still a pink and nods a bit.

"Alright, good idea"

Maybe you should join him Sean.

Anti says in Jack's head only making him blush more, he shakes his head shaking the voice away as Mark had started down the hall, not noticing the redness to his friends cheeks. Jack follows after him going to the bedroom and setting up the floor bed again as Mark starts the water and climbs into the shower.

The warm water hits his head gently and he lets out a sigh pushing the wet hair from his face. He stood his arm holding him up against the wall as thoughts race his mind, the warm water trickling down his body in a relaxing manor, though he couldn't relax. They had two more days, before everything would be gone, they would be gone. And they still had no idea how to stop it.

"What are we going to do..."

Mark mumbles under his breath his voice being drowned out by the pouding of the water and the pounding in his ears.

You could always give up. Its going to happen anyway... why all the pain?

Mark hears his voice in his head, but not his, the darker part of him. Mark shakes his head and pushes his wet, red hair back again.

"No... I won't give up..."

He mumbles again his voice becoming a bit stressed.

You know its all over... don't you think i know what you're doing? You're trying to make the best out of the little time you have left, you're acting strong for Sean but its all an act. You are weak.

Dark says in his head, and Mark can almost hear the smirk in his voice before he disappears again. Back into the darkness of Mark's mind. The red haired man sighs thoughts rocketing throughout his head. Dark was right, he was weak, however he would try to stay strong, for Jack.

Soon Mark gets out of the shower, drying off and putting on his black sweats but not his shirt yet. Mark walks out of the bathroom rubbing the towel against his wet hair drying it. He walks into the bedroom where Jack sits on the bed facing away and holding, well hugging more like, a pillow against his chest. He seemed to be in thought before he hears Mark and turns. Jack's face immediately flushes red as his eyes scan Mark's muscled torso. And he swore he could feel his nose start to bleed.

Mark shoots a glance at him raising an eyebrow, having basically forgotten he was shirtless.

"whats up with you?"

He ask in a quiet voice watching his seemingly nervous and embarrassed friend.

"N-Nothing!"

Jack says quickly standing up and making his way to the bed on the floor with his pillow. Mark finally looks down remembering he is shirtless and blushes himself slightly. He quickly grabs a t-shirt and slips it over his head combing his hand through his now dry red hair. He lays on the bed and then looks over at Jack, hesitating slightly before speaking.

"Jack... there's plenty of room on the bed.... I mean... the floor can't be too comfortable."

Mark says his cheeks flushing pink as he does. He swears he can see Jack jump nervously before he nods slightly and stands.

"t-thanks, mark..."

He says quietly climbing into the bed, keeping a bit of distance from Mark. Though he didn't know why, they were friends, nothing weird about it. Yet he still did. Mark smiles slightly relieved he didn't get denied, or have Jack think he was weird. He shuts the light off and lays facing Jack, not being able to see his face in the darkened room.

"goodnight... Sean"

"Goodnight, Mark"