Chapter 9.

Carli's POV
"Hey there sleepy head it's time for lunch. Everyone is waiting for us." I heard Hope whisper while shaking me. I groaned while she laughed. I smiled and got up off the bed but quickly fell back down. I felt Hope's strong arms around me.

"Hey Champ looks like you need some help. I'll help you get changed and carry you downstairs and Kelley will get Dawn to check up on you." She said with a worried voice. I smiled and let her help. After I was dressed Hope carried me down to the conference room but stopped outside the door and put me down. She turned to face me.

"Hey Car, you're going to sit down while I get your food and Dawn will be coming over to check on you beforehand so just let her okay?"
"Ok. I'll walk over to her." We walked in and all eyes were on me. I stood still in fear and Hope noticed. She grabbed my hand and squeezed it. I looked down at our hands and back up to her eyes and smiled. Morgan came up to me and helped me to the table while Hope went and got food.

"Hey, thanks kid. It means a lot really." I said with a smile. She bended down and hugged me. "Anytime Car. I'm here for you. We all are." She said and stepped out of the way to show the whole team standing up around the table. I smiled and looked at them all. Dawn came over after everyone hugged me and got ready for training. Hope was stubborn, as always, and stayed with me. She fixed all the bandages and put cream on all of the cuts. Once we were finished Hope and I walked back to my room. I made her go get ready for training once i was in my room. She was reluctant but I gave her a glare and put her hands up in defence and walked back to her room. I walked over to the side of my bed to my suitcase and got out some sweatpants and a shirt. Once i was dressed Becky walked in. She got a fright but quickly ran over to hug me.

"Oh my god I was so worried. I didn't know where you went and then when I woke up you were gone. I was panicking because Hope was gone too and-" I cut her off before her ramble session. "I'm fine. I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you. I don't remember what happened after I fell asleep yesterday." I said. She came up and hugged me.

Hope's POV
I walked back into mine and Kelley's room to get my stuff for training. She wasn't there so I assumed she was with Alex or Tobin. I grabbed my gloves and and bag and went down to the lobby. The whole team was there. I was sitting on the sofa in the lobby waiting for the coaches watching the team laugh and joke around. I put my head in my hands and sighed. I felt a hand on my back to find Ash standing there concerned.
"Hey there." She said.
"Hey, what's up?"
"Nothing really. Just came over to check up on you."
"Not that I don't appreciate it but why?"
"Because I could here your sigh from a mile away. What's wrong?"
"I'm worried about Carli. I mean, last night, I don't know what happened and she hasn't told me yet."
"Hope she's fine. You know she'll open up to you eventually. Look at her. She's smiling and having fun right now. It's like nothing happened to her but when she is ready to talk Hope you've got to be there even if it means being woken up at 3am with her having a breakdown. Be happy when she's happy and be there when she's sad."
"Thanks Ash. That means a lot."
"Your welcome. You can talk to me, you know, about anything."
"I know. Have you seen Kelley-" I was cut off by her laughing, " Nevermind. I'll talk to you at practice." I said laughing and walking over to Kelley. She was with Alex,Tobin,Kling and Moe laughing. I walked behind her and put my arms around her waist.
"Hey ladies."
"Hey Hope"
"Sup"
"Hiya"
"Hey Hopey. Where have been all morning. You didn't come back to the room after breakfast?"
"I know sorry I was with Carli. Want to come on a walk with me?"
"Yeah sure. See ya girlies on the bus." We said goodbye and walked out of the hotel just to the bus in the parking lot. There was a bench beside it so we sat. Kelley sat on me, which I didn't mind.
"Kel, there's a full bench here."
"I know but I missed you and you're comfortable so suck it up Solo."
"Okay chill. Hey Kel?"
"Yes Hopey."
"I love you so much."
"I know Hopey. I love you too."
I kissed her cheek and pulled her close into me. We could've stayed her for hours on end but the team came out. We loaded into the bus. I sat in my regular seat in the back and Kelley beside me. We were holding hands and she was messing with my ring with her head on my shoulder. I kissed the top of her head. It was a 30 minute drive to the stadium and about 5 minutes into the drive Kelley was on my lap with her head on the nook of my neck. We sat in comfortable silence enjoying each other's company. Every now and then I'd kiss her cheek. She would normally smile or chuckle but this time she sat up so she was facing me. I was confused as to why but I put my hand on her cheek and pulled her in close connecting our lips together. It was so soft and full of passion. We were interrupted by the voices of our teammates.
"Aw y'all are the cutest."
"O'SOLO FOR THE WIN."
"SHUT UP PINOE."
We couldn't help but laugh at that. They all turned away and I looked at Kelley again. She was looking down so I picked up her chin and gave her another small kiss. She smiled and kissed back. We arrived at the stadium and loaded of the bus.