Chapter 17.

Hope's POV
I looked into the rear view mirror to look at Lex. She was sleeping and I couldn't help but smile. I looked at Kelley and she was asleep too. I pulled up into my driveway and turned off the engine. I got out of the car as quite as I could. I went up to the front door and unlocked it. Ash and Carli were in the kitchen making small talk and on their phones.
"Hey Car. Hey Ash could you come help me with the girls? They're asleep and I don't want to wake them."
"Hey hatch."
"Hey yeah sure."
We walked out to my car and Ash got Kelley and I took Lex. She wrapped her arms around my neck and I carried her in behind Ash and Kel. I walked into the living room and sat on the couch. Lex snuggled closer into me and I chuckled. I tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear and kissed her forehead.
"Hey beautiful girl. Welcome home." I whispered in her ear.
"Hi mom." She opened hers eyes and looked at me. We had a stare off but I couldn't help at laugh at her attempt of keeping a straight face.
"Ha. You lose." She giggled and hugged me. I hugged her back tight. We let go and we heard Kelley leave out a groan from the other side of the room. We laughed and she threw a pillow at us.
"Aw Kell. Do you want to come join our moment?" Lex asked.
"I would love too." Kelley jumped up and ran over to us. She jumped into the spot next to me and I laughed.
"Hey there."
"Why hello princess. How did you sleep?"
"Good. How about you Lex?"
"Great. I could get used waking up in mom's arms." Lex said nudging my shoulder. Kelley laughed.
"Do I have I say in this?"
"Nope. Sorry mom."
"Yeah sorry Hopey. We're a family now."
Yeah. We are aren't we." I wrapped an arm around Kelley's shoulders and kissed her. She smiled into the kiss and I did too. Lex was still sitting on my lap and put her legs on Kel. She put her head against my neck. I put my other arm around her to support her back. The both of us looked at Kelley and smiled at her. This is my family and nobody can take that away from me. Ever. I saw a flash and looked up to see Carli standing there with my phone in her hands. She took a picture and showed it to us. Kel and Lex cooed at how cute we looked. I still have the other one from Kelley's dads place in my bag. I got up and put Lex down next to Kelley. I walked out to the kitchen and took it out. I went back into the living room and went to the mantle piece and took a frame. It was a picture of me and my dad but I took it out and put in my new family one. I put it back up and admired it. Ash came in and asked us if we wanted dinner we would have to go out because there's no food in the house. We all went and got changed into fancy clothes.

Lex's POV
The girls went and got changed into fancy clothes. I was already dressed in jeans and a blouse so I waited for them. I looked around the house. I found the decking out back so I went outside. There was a pool and a goals. There was an amazing view of the lake and a swing hanging off the tree. It looked like something out of a picture. I walked over and sat down. It was so peaceful. I love it here already. I close my eyes and listen to the wind in the trees and the wash washing on the stones. I heard a branch break from behind I turned around to see Ashlyn standing there.
"Hey Ashlyn."
"Hey kiddo. Call me Ash. Everyone does."
"Okay hey Ash. What's up?"
"Actually I came to ask you that."
"Oh right, well, nothing really. I mean, it's a big change leaving my parents to live with mom. I really like here though. Being with Kelley and mom is really great."
"Ah kiddo we all knew it was going to tough. But hey I'm always here if you need anything."
"I am too." I turned and saw Carli standing there. I ran up and hugged her. There was something about Carli that was different from the rest. I don't know how to explain it.
"Hey kid."
"Hey."
"Are you ready?"
"Yeah let's go. C'mon Ash." Ash laughed and came up behind me and picked me up. She hung me over her shoulders and ran back to the house. I was kicking and screaming at her to put me down but she wouldn't. I decided to call for back up so I shouted for her once we got inside.
"MOM I NEED YOU!" All of a sudden there was heel clicks on the floor and seconds later mom appeared.
"What? What's wrong?" She looked at me.
"Nothing I just need you to tell Ash to put me down so I can get my jacket."
"Ashlyn put my child down please and finish getting ready. And Lex I need you to follow me up in my room alright."
"Alright." Ash put me down and I walked over to mom. I followed her up the stairs and down the hall. I haven't been upstairs yet and let me tell you. It's huge. I looked in awe and followed her to the room. Kelley was in there sitting at the desk putting her earrings in. She smiled when she saw me.
"Hey Lex."
"Hey Kel. You look beautiful. And you too mom."
"You don't look too bad yourself. Alright the reason I called you up here is because I want to tell you something okay."
"Okay go ahead."
"Alright, well, Lex tonight when we go to the restaurant I need you to stay in the car until either Ash or I come and open your door. There will be a lot of paparazzi there because of the whole story of us leaving. I need you to stay by one of our sides at all times. I know it's a lot but I don't want you to get hurt."
"No I understand really mom. I know you're only looking out for me. But can I ask you something?"
"Go ahead kid."
"Well can you not tell them I'm your daughter please. Not until I'm ready."
"Absolutely Lex. I didn't expect you this early. I know it's going to be hard seeing all those photos of you on social media with me and Kel so just ignore them. I love you."
"I love you too." I went over and hugged her and then Kelley. I ran back downstairs to Ash and jumped on her back. I giggled when she let out a scream. Carli got the whole thing on video. She was about to post it but I told her not to say who I really am. She captioned the video 'Gotta love having a niece who likes to scare her aunt as much as me 😂" and posted it. I read what she said and smiled. She called me her niece. I jumped off Ash and ran and gave her a hug.
"What's this for?"
"You called me your niece."
"Of course. You're one of us now kid. Whether you like it or not." She kissed the top of my head. I smiled and ran out the door. Carli, Ash, Kel, mom and I took her jeep to the restaurant. We joked and laughed the whole way. It was so much fun. We arrived at the restaurant about 20 minutes later and mom wasn't lying about the whole paparazzi thing. There was paparazzi everywhere.