Chapter 27.

Alexa's POV
"Dad..." There he was. Jason Shanahan. Standing in front of me.
"Hi Alexa."
"What are you doing here?"
"I heard that you were in the hospital and I came to see you. I only got in a couple of hours ago and was going to call over but I saw you run out of the house when I passed. I followed you here. I'm not stalking you or anything. I just wanted to see if you were okay and then you fell to the ground and I thought you needed a hug."
"Thanks. I did need it from someone. Why did you come to see me?"
"Because it's not everyday that your child turns 16 now is it?"
"Why didn't you come earlier?"
"Ashlyn told me to stay away."
"When did she tell you that?"
"The first time we met. Your mother and I got into an argument and Ashlyn pulled us out of the hotel because we scared you. She told me to stay away and to never come near you. I'm sorry I scared you. I guess I just wanted to meet you. So why are you here so early?"
"I ran away. I had to get out of there."
"I know I'm not the person to tell you this but you have to go back. I'll take you cmon."
"Thanks. I just have to collect all the balls."
"Let me help."
"Thanks." We collected all the balls and put them in the locker room. I put on my runners again and met him at his car. We drove in silence until we got to the house. He got out of the car and ran over to open my door. He helped me out.
"This is your stop kid."
"Are you not going to come in?"
"I'm sorry Alexa but you and I both know that's not a good idea."
"How will I ever see you again?"
"You won't. Not over my dead body." I turned around and saw Ashlyn standing there. She was glaring at Jason and he took a step back. I stepped in front of him so she wouldn't hurt him.
"Lex go inside while I deal with him please."
"No."
"Lex now."
"No Ash. I have a right to be with my father. Go inside and I'll be in a while please."
"Alexa..."
"No Ash please. I just want to say goodbye." She gave Jason one last glare before walking away. I turned around and he looked down at me. He gave me a smile.
"Can I have your phone number at least?"
"Sure. Call me anytime. Day or night kid and I'll be there." He put his number in my phone and I put mine in his.
"Well I think it's time I go before your mother comes out. I'll see you soon Alexa. Stay safe and call me, okay?"
"Okay. Bye dad. See you soon." I gave him one last hug and he got in his car and drove away. I stood watching as the car drove off I tot he distance. My phone vibrated and I saw it was a text from Jason.
From Jason;
I'll be back soon kid. I'll come visit and maybe take you out to dinner. My treat.
To Jason;
Oh good I was thinking I'd have to pay for you. See you soon dad. Xxxxx
I locked my phone and left out a laugh. I turned to face the house and took a deep breath. I walked up the front steps and opened the door. I walked in and closed it shut. I left out a sigh and walked into the living room. They were all sitting there looking at me. Dad stood up and walked towards me but I took a step back. I put my hands up and walked out of the room and out the back. I walked over to the swing and leaned my head against the rope. I heard the door shut and I turned to see Ali walking towards me. She was probably the most calm one in there and sent her out to talk to me.
"How you holding up kid?"
"I've had my better days."
"Lex I'm not going to tell you they did it to protect you because that would be a lie. I honestly don't know why they did it but from what I hear them talk about it's because they want to keep you safe. He doesn't sound like such a good guy from what I'm hearing."
"Ali why can't they stop lying to me? I'm 16 years old. I'm going to be a senior in a 2 weeks and then I'll be off to college."
"I don't know kid but they better stop because I'm afraid we're going to lose you."
"Ah see you're the only one who sees it as that. Just one more year and I'm out of the place and off to Penn State, UNC or UCLA. When I leave I won't look back."
"Lex don't say that."
"No. Ali you and I both know that's true. I'm out of here the minute I graduate."
"Lex please don't shut us out. Don't shut me out." Ali had tears streaming down her face. I stood up and wiped them away with my thumbs. I cupped her cheeks in my hands and kissed her forehead. I leaned my head against hers and shut my eyes.
"Shutting people out is easier than letting my guard down m'dear. Demons are less likely to attack and tear me down. I love you Ali. So much. I'm sorry I caused you so much pain these last few days but it's time to go. I'm ready and I'll see you soon." I gave her one last kiss and pulled her into a hug. I let go and walked towards the house. I looked up at the sky and let out a deep sigh and wiped my tears away. I walked inside and Ash was standing by the door.
"Go. She needs you more than I do. I'll see you later." I said to her and she ran out to Ali. I heard Ali cry even harder and mom, Carli, Dad and Mum came running into where I was standing. I turned to face them and didn't even bother to clear my tears. Ash came back into the house with Ali leaning against her shoulder. Ash looked at me and then back at Ali. I walked out of the room and I heard Ali cry again. I heard Ash shout up to me.
"Don't even think about it Alexa. You are going to break yourself even more if you do." I walked into my room and slammed the door shut. I walked around my room kicking things in anger. All these thoughts were driving me insane. I don't know how to stop them. I walked into the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. All I saw was a broken girl who needed the pain to end. I looked around the cupboards and found my razors. I pulled out my phone and texted everyone down stairs.
Group Message - Dad, Mom, Mum, MommaC, Ashhhh, Ali.
- I'm sorry I broke this family. I'll see you soon.
I hit send and turned off my phone. I locked the bathroom door. I got the razor and dug it deep. Deep into my skin and watched the blood flow from my arm. I looked at myself one last time before everything went black.