Chapter 51.

Alexa's POV

It's been a year since I last saw everyone. I'm still attending college and Mal and I are top scorers like before. We're still together and I fall in love with her more and more everyday. I got a job in the local cafe down the street from my dorm so I work a lot of hours to pay for the things I need. I got a new phone too, seeing as I never got my old one back. The national team are coming here for a game today and Mal got us tickets. I don't want to go but I want to make her happy so I decided to go. They've been in L.A. for the last week but I haven't gone to see them train or anything. I still have an hour left my shift at work before Mal comes and pick me up. The door opens and a group of people come in. I had my back turned to them but once I heard them laugh I knew it was them. I slowly turned and looked at them. Hope, Kelley, Ashlyn, Carli, Emily and Ali were all there. Emily saw me and ran to me. I picked her up and spun her around.

"I missed you so much. Where have you been?"
"I'm sorry Em. I just needed some space."

She got down from my arms and walked back to them. I looked up and saw them all staring at me. I gave them a nod and a small smile and went back to taking orders. I went into the back and grabbed what people ordered. I walked back out and handed them their things. I looked over at Marge, the other waitress on, and she was too busy so I'm stuck taking their orders. I slowly walked up to their table and grabbed my pen. I felt them look at me but I kept me eyes on my pad.

"The regulars? and a hot chocolate for Emily?"
"Yes but instead of a coffee for Carli make it a tea."
"Since when do you drink tea Carli?"
"Since I'm pregnant."
"Oh. I'll be right back with your orders."

I quickly walked to the back to get their orders. After ten minutes they were all finished and I put them on a tray. I carefully walked back and handed them their orders. I walked back to the counter and grabbed a muffin for Emily. I walked over and gave it to her.

"It's a late birthday present. If you're allowed, tomorrow I'll take you shopping for a bigger present if you'd like?"
"Oh mommy can I?"
"Am yeah sure. I'll give Lex my number and she can call when she's free. How does that sound Lex?"
"Grand. I better get back to work. I'll see you at the game later."
"Are you coming?"
"Am yeah. Mal got tickets and is making me. I won't if you don't want me too. She can always take a friend."
"Don't be silly. Of course we want you there Alexa. We haven't seen or heard for you in so long."
"See you there so. Bye Em."
"Bye Lexi."

I kissed her cheek and walked away. I went into the bathroom to clean up. The door opened and Hope and Kelley walked in. I saw them through the mirror and mentally cursed.

"Stall three is out of order and I'm nearly done cleaning and then I'll be out of your way."
"We wanted to talk."
"I'm working."
"Well then how about after the game you come back with us to the hotel for dinner and catch up with the rest of the team and then we'll talk."
"I'll have Mal."
"She can come."
"Why do you want to talk? So we can start another argument?"
"No we just want to catch up."
"I'm alive and well as you can see. I am on the u20 team and I'm captain. I'm top scorer on the soccer team here alongside Mal. I have a 95% average in all my classes and I'm graduating next month with a teaching degree. I'm leaving for Chicago next month for a teaching job. There we caught up. Now if you'll excuse me my shift is about to end and I've to go collect my girlfriend to bring her to her dream game."

I stormed out of the bathroom and went into the staff room. I grabbed my bag and walked out. I waved to Emily as I walked out. On my way back to the dorm I heard my name. I turned and saw Kling and Moe running towards me. 

"If it isn't the troublesome duo. How are youdoing? I haven't seen you in ages."
"We missed you baby Solo."
"I missed you too. So, excited for the game tonight?"
"Nervous but grand. Are you coming?"
"Yeah. My girlfriend got us tickets and I didn't want to disappoint her and not go because of everything so now I'm going."
"Girlfriend, eh? Will we get to meet her?"
"Not a hope so don't try anything. Okay. KlingenMoe?"
"Hey!"
"I love you."
"Whatever. We'll see you later with your girlfriend okay? Stay safe."
"I will. Kick ass and score a goal for me."
"Oh we will."