Chapter 30.

Alexa's POV
Today is mum's birthday and mom's planning on proposing. We have a plan on the go and mum knows nothing about it. I got her a really nice mini dress that shows off her legs with matching heals and jewellery out of my birthday money. I wanted to go big and I did. Mom came into me at half 9 and told me to get up to help set up. We made mum breakfast in bed and I got to wake her.
"Mum." I shook her but no answer. I did it a couple of more times but still no answer. I jumped on her and smothered her in kisses. She screamed and laughed.
"Okay. Okay I'm awake. Now get off."
"Happy birthday mum."
"Thanks girly."
"I love you now come on we made you breakfast."
"We?"
"Mom and I. Well mostly mom but I got to wake you up."
"Why thank you. That's the best job. And you did quite a good job."
"Thanks. Piggy back?"
"Am obviously." I got off of her and sat on the edge of the bed. She sat up and jumped onto my back. We laughed and I picked her up. I carried her down the stairs carefully while she just laughed. We got to the kitchen and saw mom dancing to the music. I put mum down quietly and she tiptoed behind mom and wrapped her arms around her waist. Mom screamed but turned around to face mum and kissed her.
"Happy birthday babe."
"Thank you."
"Here's your breakfast. Now Lex and I have to go for an appointment for a few hours but the girls are on their way over."
"You're leaving?"
"Only for an hour or two mum. We love you."
"Love you too I guess. Stay safe." I walked over and kissed her cheek and winked at her. Mom kissed her and dragged me out of the kitchen. We got in the car and drove down the road. We saw the bus that all the girls were on pulled over at the gas station. We pulled in and walked over to them. I got onto the bus and shouted at them.
"Wassup bitches?"
"Hope your daughter cussed."
"Dude she's outside. She's hardly going to hear me."
"Lex. I heard that." Mom shouted in the bus. Everyone laughed at me and I stuck out my tongue at them.
"Right so ladies here's the game plan. Chris you must help mum get ready with anyone who wants to help. I have her outfit and everything in my closet because it's a birthday present. Make sure she reads the letter before opening the box. I need 30 white roses and each one of you will take a rose. You will walk her to the a specific destination where mom will leave little notes. Go by jersey number from highest to lowest seeing as mom's #1. Ye got it?" Everyone nodded and I clapped my hands. "Alright. Mission O'Solo proposal a go." Everyone cheered and laughed. I got off the bus and saw mom with a big smile on her face.
"What are you smiling about?"
"I didn't plan any of that."
"I know I did. I thought it would be special seeing as how special mum is to us. We're a family and she deserves the most out of all of us." She wrapped her arm around my should and kissed the top of my head. We said bye to the girls and went to the beach to set up. There was a restaurant on the beach that we had booked for the party. It was magical. We bought fairy lights and hung the around the rocks where mom would be proposing.

Kelley's POV
I was a little upset Lex and Hope left like that. Especially on my birthday. There a knock on the door and I got up to open it. My mouth dropped when I saw the whole team there. Past and present players. They all came in and I hugged them all.
"What are you guys doing here?"
"Our little squirrel has a birthday and we wanted to be apart of it. Happy birthday Kel."
"Thanks guys." They all made conversation and I went and talked to Chris and Alex. The bell rang and I walked over to the door. A man was standing there with a letter. He handed it to me and walked away. I walked back inside and opened the letter.
Babe,
Sorry we ditched you on your birthday but I promise this is going to be a good one. Be ready by 6. See you soon.
Hope x
Mum,
I know this isn't exactly how you planned to spend your birthday and I'm sorry. See you soon and stay safe. I love you mum.
Your fav, Lex xx
I laughed at the letters and walked back into the girls. All of them stood up.
"We're going to go settle into the hotel. We'll be back in an hour or two. Chris, Tobs and Lex are staying here. Carli said she'd be over in a while." Abby said walking over. I hugged her left them all out. I shut the door and walked into the three girls. I looked at the three of them. Tobs and Chris was wrapped in each other's arms on one couch and Alex was alone. They were watching tv. I walked over to Alex and sat next to her.
"So what do you want to do for the day?"
"Watch movies?"
"Sounds like a plan." We spent hours watching Disney movies. My choice. I looked at the time and saw it was 4:30. Shit I better get ready. Alex, Tobs and Chris helped me get ready. Well Tobs sat and spun on the chair.
"Kelley sit on the bed." Christen yelled from somewhere down the hall. I obeyed and sat on my bed. She came through the door seconds later with a box. I looked at her confused.
"I don't know. Lex said to give it to you and to read the letter first." Chris said walking over to Tobin. I opened the letter and saw a picture of Lex and I looking at each other laughing at Hope lying on the floor. I laughed and put it next to me on the bed. I read the letter.
Dear mum,
I'm actually surprised you listened to Press. It's not like you but I guess you're changing with age so I'll get used to it. Yeah sorry had to make some sort of a joke about you getting old. Anyways. Happy birthday Mum. I'm so proud of you and so honoured to call you my mum. We've been through a lot of ups and down but I guess that's what makes us so close. You're my best friend and you're always there and I couldn't be more grateful to have you in my life. You're the only that has been there since the beginning and never left my side and for that I am eternally grateful. I owe you so much and I don't think I could ever repay you. So instead I got you something I think you'd like. I saved up all my birthday money and bought you these. They will come in handy for tonight and I'm sure you'll look breathtaking as always. Hope you like them. I'll see you later. I love you mum. And happy birthday again xx
Lex x
I wiped the tears from my eyes and put the letter to the side. I carefully unwrapped the bow and opened the box. I gasped and saw the most beautiful black dress. I stood up and put the box on the bed. I pulled out the dress and looked at it. It was the one I wanted but it cost $350. I put it on the bed and walked back to the box. I took out more of the wrapping paper and saw a box. I opened it and saw black heels. They matched the dress. I looked at the designer and saw Valentino. They cost like $300 dollars as well. I showed Alex and her hands shot up to her mouth. She took them from me and looked at them. I looked at them box and prayed no more was there but boy was I wrong. There was three little boxes at the end. I opened them up and saw earrings, a bracelet and a necklace with a lock heart. I opened it up and saw a picture of Hope, Lex and I from the first time we were together.
"That child must be rich or something." Alex said walking over. I nodded. I was lost for words. Alex and Chris helped me get ready but soon had to leave to go to the hotel. I was just finished getting ready when the bell rang. I went downstairs and answered it. Crystal was there all dressed up.
"M'lady I'm here to escort you to god knows where. By the way you finee Kel." I laughed and took her arm. I grabbed my phone and purse and locked up the house. She was all dressed up as well. She helped me down the stairs and we began walking.
"Crys where are you taking me?"
"That's for me to know and you to find out. This is for you by the way." She handed me a note with Hope's handwriting and a white rose.
4/19/07 - we first met 💝 I smiled and put it into my purse. We walked another few minutes and Crys left me at a tree. There was another note there.
4/27/07 - we talked for the first time. I had butterflies. I chuckled and put it in my purse. I turned around and saw Tobs standing there with another white rose. She smiled and I hugged her. I took her arm and she led the way. We walked for another few moments and stopped at this coffee shop. Tobs kissed my cheek and left. I walked in and it was dark. On the counter there was another note.
5/2/07 - you tripped over your own feet and laughed until you cried. I helped you and that's when... I re-read it again and again until someone tapped my shoulder. I turned and saw Ash. I jumped and hugged her. She also had a white rose and a suit on. She kissed my cheek and led the way. The walk was shorter this time. She kissed me one last and walked off. On the wall was a note and Pinoe was standing against it was the rose in hand. I smiled and read the note.
When I realised I loved you. I smiled and Pinoe handed me the rose. We walked a bit and stopped suddenly. Moe and Cheney were standing there smiling at me. I ran to them and hugged them. They both handed me roses and Cheney handed me a note.
7/21/12 - Time skip....we became roommates during the Olympics. I was so happy to be sharing a room with you but.. I put it in my purse and walked arm in arm with Moe and Cheney.
"Well Kel this is our stop. We love you."
"I live you guys too." I hugged them goodbye and saw Alex and Christen leaning against a car. I walked over and they both smirked. They handed me roses but no letter. Which was odd because last one was not finished. We walked a bit and then stopped. They both hugged me goodbye without a word and walked away. Ali was standing against a pole with a note and rose in hand. I smiled and took them. I kissed her cheek.
My feelings only grew stronger for you. It was harder to be around you without drooling at how amazing you looked 24/7. I laughed at it and walked with Ali. We walked for a bit but Ali got a call.
"Hello? Yes I'm alone why? Okay I'll be there in a few minutes. I'm sorry Kel. Just a few metres ahead someone is there. Have fun I love you." I hugged her and she ran off. I carried on walked and looked at the wall. I gasped and saw all the letters along it. I read them all and smiled. I put them all in my purse. I looked up and saw Carli, Abby, HAO, JJ and Kling standing there. I smiled and hugged them. I took all their roses and we carried on walking. I could see the sea from where we were. We walked another bit and Allie, Lindsey, Becky and Mal waiting. I smiled and walked over. They all handed me roses and Becky handed me a note.
10/30/2015 - the day we got together. I was the happiest person alive. I love you so much. I smiled and carried on walking with the girls. We stopped after a few more steps. I was alone and told to keep walking. I was walking and then a thought hit me. All the girls. They were going by national jersey numbers. I was 5 and Becky was 4 and Allie is 6. I gasped. I only had 3 numbers left until I saw her. I carried on walking and saw Christie standing against a tree with a rose. I smiled and ran to her. I hugged her tight.
"My little girl. You're getting so big. I'm so proud of you Kelley. Look at the woman you've become. Look at Lex. She turned out amazing." I smile and let her go. She handed me a note and smiled.
6/28/16 - Lex's 16th birthday. The day you became her legal guardian. The day you made our family complete. We're nearly there........ I guess you have figured out the whole number thing by now. It was all Lex's idea. See you soon love. I smiled and put it in my, now over loaded, purse. I walked arm in arm with Christie. I had my head on her shoulder while we were walking.
"This is my stop Kelley. I love you Kid. See you soon."
"Thanks Cap. I love you too." I continued walked and then stopped when I saw Lex. She was leaning against the tree in a beautiful dress and converse. I laughed. That was typical Lex. She didn't notice I was there. I wanted to surprise her.
"You know. I understand that you wanted to get me a present but spending nearly $1000 on me wasn't at all necessary Lex. You could've used the money for something that was important to you."
"I did mum you see. I spent it on someone I thought that was worth it. You're worth it to me. Now cmon we've got somewhere to be." I chuckled and walked over to her. I pulled her into a hug and kissed her forehead.
"Thank you so much. They're absolutely beautiful. I don't know how I could ever repay you."
"You already have. You stuck by me this entire time. It was my way of saying thank you. I love you mum and happy birthday." We walked down the road. We arrived at the beach and I took off my heels as we got to the sand. Lex took my hand in hers and intertwined our fingers. She walked me over to edge of the water and we looked out.
"Stay here. I gotta go pee. Watch the sunset and I'll be right back." She kissed my cheek and ran off. I laughed and kept looking out at the horizon. I closed my eyes and left the breeze flow through my hair.
"Still as beautiful as ever."
I jumped and saw Hope standing next to me. "Happy birthday babe." She said wrapping her arms around my waist and pulling me into a kiss. I kissed back instantly and tried to deepen it but she pulled away. I smirked and I heard her chuckle.
"5 years ago we fell in love. I mean I was head over heels in love for you. You were always on my mind. Day and night. I've loved you since you tripped over your own feet. The first time we met I knew you'd be something special to me and I guess I was right. When we roomed for the Olympics I fell more in love with you. I didn't think you would feel the same way. I left you in and left you hug me and get on my soft side. I guess I couldn't stand to see you so sad. I know we've fought many times and I broke your heart. Then Lex came along and I guess she fixed all our unspoken problems. We became a family. Our family grew bigger once all the girls joined and supported us along this journey. Our journey. When you became Lex's other legal guardian our family was one step closer to becoming whole. There is only I way left to make it whole. And it's this." How got down on one knee and pulled out a box. I gasped and put my hands to my mouth and started crying. "Kelley Maureen O'Hara, will you do me the honour and become my wife and marry me?"