Chapter 16.

Alexa's POV
"You're my mom?" I asked in shock.
"Lex let me explain." Hope said.
"Explain what? Was I not good enough to keep? Was I a mistake?"
"Alexa." Kelley took a step towards me.
"No don't come near me. You are meant to be my big sister. You're meant to tell me these things Kelley. My whole life has been a lie that keeps growing and growing."
"Lex! Listen to me okay? You're still my sister no matter what. Your mom and dad love you so much. Even though they aren't your biological parents they're still your parents. I understand why you're so mad but Lex you have to listen to their side and Hope's side of the story." Kelley said taking my hands. I pull back immediately with tears streaming down my face.
"No. I'm not going to listen. Just leave and don't ever come back. It's not like it's going to be a big change seeing as you're gone all the time." I said a bit harsh. Kelley looked heartbroken. I looked at my dad and he gave me a glare.
"Alexa Brian!"
"Please take me home. I don't want to be here anymore."
"Lex..." I turned to see Kelley looking at me with pleading eyes. Hope, Ashlyn and Carli stand in complete shock after what's happening.
"It was a pleasure meeting you guys. Bye." I turned to walk away and walked to the team bus. Everyone saw what happened but didn't ask questions. I walked to the back and took my seat. I looked out the window to see Kelley crying uncontrollably while Hope and my dad trying to comfort her. I really hurt her. But they hurt me more. I lay back on the chair and let the tears fall even more. Everyone was looking at me giving me sad smiles. Coach Casey came back and sat next to me. She put her arm around my shoulders and left me cry. I got her t-shirt all wet from the tears but she didn't mind. I felt my eyes getting heavier and heavier and the next thing I realise is that I'm in the car on the way home. My dad's driving the car and mom is sitting next to me running her fingers through my hair. She's looking out the window unaware that I'm awake. Her cheeks has tear stains on them and I notice all her facial features. She's nothing like me. How did I not notice it earlier. I take her free hand in mine and squeeze it. She looks down at me and smiles. She kisses my forehead.
"Hi sweetheart."
"Hi mom." I barely croak out.
"How you feeling?"
"I honestly don't know. I'm just tired."
"Understandable. Look sweetie we need to talk about this okay? And then you can go to bed alright."
"Alright." We pull into the driveway and there's another car there that I don't recognise it. Mom and dad walk into the house in front of me while I get my bag out of the trunk. I walk into the house and sigh. I take off my shoes and run up to my room and place my bag in there and walk back to the living room. As I got closer I heard voices and I recognised them almost immediately. Hope and Kelley. Oh this is going to interesting. I walk in and all the heads turn towards me except for Kelley. She's looking down on the ground avoiding eye contact. Mom and Dad give me a smile and I go sit down in between them. Hope and Kelley are on the other side of the coffee table next to each other. Kelley is still looking at the ground but I can see her red puffy eyes and tears still falling.
"Why are ye here? Not trying to be rude or anything." I ask Hope.
"Because we need to talk."
"Go ahead."
Mom and dad explained their side of the story and by the time they were finished mom was in tears again and so was dad.
"Hope?" My dad gestured for her to start.
"Well Lex here's the thing. I was in high school when I got pregnant with you." She carried on with her story.
"When you were 2 I gave you up because I couldn't handle it anymore. I couldn't provide a happy, healthy life for you. Lex you have to believe me."
I noticed my hand were formed as fists and my teeth were gritted. I felt anger rise up and I had to get out of there.
"I can't listen to this anymore. Just give me a few minutes to calm myself down." I walked out of the room and went out the back door to the garden. It was still bright outside with the sun setting. I walked over to the beach at the end of the garden. Deep breaths. In and out. Tears were starting to stream again. I put my hands up to behind my head. I felt arms around my waist. I knew instantly it was Kelley. I felt her head against the back of my neck and cold tears. I cried harder and turned so I could face her. Her eyes were red and watery.
"I'm so sorry Kel. I shouldn't of said those things to you. I know I hurt you and I'm so so so sorry."
"Hey Lex. It's not your fault. You were mad. I would've been too but you got to believe me when I say this. I love you Lex. So much. And your mom and dad too. You were going to find out soon or later and we all know that but we were scared we might lose you. They're scared they're going to lose you. I already lost you so I know how they feel. Hope on the other hand. I don't know you're going have to talk to her. She is your mother after all."
"Kelley you didn't lose me. You never will. You're my sister, although you're my moms girlfriend so I don't plan on calling your mom."
"Yeah don't ever do that please." We laughed and I hugged her tight. She returned my hug and kissed my head. She took my hand and we went back to the house. I stopped at the door and heard Hope and my parents talking.
"If you up to it you can have custody of her if you'd like. I think it's time for her to be with her real mom."
"Wow okay I'll have to ask her that."
"Hope take care of her please. And Kelley. They're so worth fighting for."
"I know."
We walked in and I jumped into Hope's lap and whispered in her ear.
"Hey mom." Her eyes opened wide in shock but a smile came onto her face. She hugged me tight and it felt right. Me and her. A family. I got off her lap and walked over to my parents.
"I'm going to live with her. After all she's my mom but ye are my parents. I love ye so much and I'll make sure to visit whenever Kelley's home."
"We love you too sweetie. Both John and I." I hugged the both of them and walked back over to Kelley. She was standing in the doorway with a smirk on her face.
"So not my little sister anymore eh?"
"I'll always be your little sister but now I'll be your daughter."
"Head that Hope?"
"Hear what?" Hope walked over and wrapped her arms around my waist and putting her head on top of mine.
"That we're a family. You, me and Kel."
"I like that idea." We heard a click and turned to see Dad taking a picture of us.
"Family memory." He said and handed us the picture. It was cute. We looked like a real family. I quickly ran out of the room and up to my bedroom and packed my bags. After a few minutes I had everything I needed pack. I walked down the stairs with my bags. I stopped at the end of the hall in front of the door where they were all standing.
"Ready to come home?"
"Ready as I'll ever be."
Hope helped me load the bags into the trunk of her car and I ran and gave my parents one last hug. We said goodbye and Hope pulled out of the driveway. We drove down the street and back to Hope's home. The streets were staring to become memories.
"You alright kid?" Hope asked.
"Perfect." I said. Just perfect I mumbled to myself looking at Hope and Kelley in the front holding hands. We are a family. A happy family.