Chapter 53.

Kelley's POV
The machines started beeping again. I lifted my head and looked at Lex. I took her hand in mine and rubbed the back of it. She began to cough and wake up. Hope stood up and looked down on her running her hand through Lex's hair.

"Why did you cry on my face? My cheek is cold now."

Lex chocked out. I couldn't help but let out a laugh and same with everyone else. She opened her eyes an turned her head to look at me. I smiled and she returned it. Doctors came in and checked everything. Lex closed her eyes and let out a sigh. She opened them again and grabbed the doctor by the arm.

"How are you Alexa?"
"I feel like crap. May I ask you something?"
"Yes, of course."
"Can they be removed?"
"Yes. If you remove them there is a chance they may come back though."
"How long would I have?"
"A year or two."
"Can I talk to them about this and let you know if I'll go through with getting them removed."
"Yes, of course."

She left the room and closed the door. We all looked at Lex in shock. She closed her eyes and squeezed my hand. I leaned forward and kissed her cheek and rubbed the top of her head continuously. I looked at Hope. She had her head in her hands. Ash, Ali and Carli were talking quietly in the corner but Ali was looking at Lex. I motioned for her to come over and she did. She took Lex's other hand and she opened her eyes and looked at her. She smiled and let out a sigh.

"Where's Emily?"
"With Christie and the girls."
"Go back to her. She needs you right now. Call in later because I have to talk to her."
"Are you sure?"
"Positive."

Ali smiled and kissed her cheek. She walked back to Ash and they left. Carli walked over and stood next to me. I went and sat on Hope. She looked up and I kissed her lips. I leaned my forehead against hers and wrapped my arms around her neck.

"It's not your fault. None of this is your fault. It's all of ours."
"We should've been better parents."
"Yes we should've but we are going to learn from our mistakes. She needs us right now so we are not going to let her push us away."
"What about her surgery?"
"If it means having her around longer then let them do it."

She nodded and we both stood up. We walked over to the bed. I sat on the end and Hope went to the other side. Lex looked between all three of us.

"I want to go through with it. I still have a lot I want to do."
"Then let's do it."

Hope walked out to get the doctor. Carli and I stayed put. Lex sat forward with a little trouble but we helped.

"Show me your arms."
"What?"
"Show my your arms."

Carli and I looked at each other. We lifted our sleeves and we gasped. Carli had scars too. We looked at Lex and she frowned.

"How did you know?"
"Not important. Now, the two of you listen to me. It's not worth putting yourself through that. You are never alone."
"You left Lex. We didn't know what else to do."
"Talk to people. Carli you have a child on the way. Make sure you are the best mother for it."
"I won't be able if you aren't around."
"I'll be around. Don't worry."

She smiled and I was just about to ask her what she meant but the doctor and Hope walked back in. They prepped her for surgery and we said goodbye. We stayed in the room for hours until she came back from surgery. The nurse came to talk to us.

"I have good news and bad news."
"What's the good?"
"All of the tumours are gone."
"The bad?"
"We found a problem in her lungs. Has she ever damaged them?"
"She punctured them twice."
"That explains why they are really weak. She'll need a transplant but other than that she's okay."
"Will the tumours come back?"
"Not likely."
"Oh thank god."
"Have a good day."
"You too."