Chapter 12.

Hope's POV

Seeing Kelley like this breaks my heart. I didn't mean to cause her so much pain. I walked over to Ali's side and sank down onto the floor looking at her. Ash came over and held me again. I really do owe her. We stayed like this for a while. Ash and Ali were staying in the room with us tonight just to make sure everything was going to be okay. I got up and sat on the bed next to Ali. She let go of Kelley and got off the bed. I stood up and hugged her. I sat down next to Kelley and took her hand in mine. She looked up at me with her beautiful brown eyes that were now all red and puffy. A few stray tears fell from her eyes and I rubbed them away with my thumb. We sat like that for a while just looking at each other not saying anything. Ash and Ali came back into the room and went to bed so we did them same. They were out like a light in 10 minutes. Whereas I was wide awake staring at the ceiling. Kelley had her back turned to me but I knew she was awake because she would sigh every few breaths. I got up and walked out to the balcony and took Kelley's Stanford quilt out with me. I closed the door quietly behind me not to wake up the others. I sat down on the chair and covered myself with the blanket and looked out at the city. The door opened and I looked up to see Kelley standing there. I lifted up the blanket and motioned her to come and sit. She shut the door and came and sat down. She crawled in under my arm and wrapped her arms around my waist. I hugged her tight into me and kissed her head. We sat in silence until I finally spoke.

"I'm sorry Kelley. I shouldn't of broke down like that in front of you. I'm sorry for scaring you. I'm sorry if I hurt you. I'm sorry I didn't open up sooner. I should've but I was scared. I still am. Just promise me you won't leave."

She didn't say anything. She unwrapped herself from and and sat on my lap. She gave me a smile and kissed me. 

"I'm not leaving anytime soon. I promise you that."
"I love you."
"I love you too."

We sat like that and watched the sun rise. Kel fell asleep just as it begun to rise. I sat for another while with her on my lap watching. Watching the city come to life. Watching the sun rise. And watching the most beautiful sight asleep on me. God I love her. I'm so in love with her. I am so lucky to have  her If only she knew how much she means to me. I sat for another few minutes before carrying Kelley back into the room. I put her into the bed and tucked her in and kissed her cheek. I went over the desk and wrote a note for Ash and Ali when they wake up and I'm not here.

Ash and Ali,
Thank you so much for last night. I don't know how I could ever repay both of ye. Sorry if I'm not here when ye wake up but I have to go. I can't stand hurting Kelley anymore. I need you to look out for her She deserves the world and more but I can't give it to her. I'm going back to Seattle to finish packing and then moving to Houston. I'm only ever a call away and I hope to see ye when playing in the NWSL. See you soon.

PS Ash don't mess up. Ali is worth it. If I hear you left I will kill you personally. She's so in love with you Ash and you are too. I can see it. Don't hurt her Ash, please. She's the one. Your soulmate even if ye don't see it yet.

- Hope.

I wrote another one for Kelley. It was hard to write it.

Kelley,
I'm so sorry Kelley. I know you'll never forgive me for this. I don't ever expect you will. I'm so sorry I left while you were sleeping. Kell you deserve the world and more. I can't give you that. I'm going home for a while and won't be returning to the national team for the rest of camp and games. 
I love you Kelley O'Hara. More than you could possibly know. If only you knew how much. Seeing you so hurt last night made me realize that I'll only end up hurting you again and again and I can't stand that. I want you to be happy and the only way I know how to make you happy is leave. I know it will hurt like hell but just remember Kelley that there is more to life that just some stuck up person like me. I will always love you Kelley. I'll see you soon.
-Hopey.