Chapter 19.

Carli POV
I woke up around 6 this morning and decided to go for a run. I got up out of bed and made my way downstairs. I put my shoes on in the kitchen and went out the back door. I put my earphones in and was just about to take off when something caught my eye. Hope and Lex were asleep on the chair snuggled into each other. I went back inside and got another couple of blankets for them. I wrote a note just in case they woke up while I was gone. I put put the blankets around them and took off running. I ran around the neighbourhood and stopped the park for a rest. I sat on a bench and looked out at the lake for a few minutes and then headed back. I ran about 8 miles and took about an hour. When I got back Lex and Hope were gone from the couch. I walked in and saw Hope at the stove making breakfast. I shut the door quietly behind me and walked up behind her. She had no t-shirt on only a sports bra so I went up and put my freezing cold hands on her waist. She jumped and nearly dropped the pan. She screamed and seconds later Ash came running through the door. I was weak laughing on the floor and Hope was laughing too.
"CARLI WHAT THE HELL?"
"Sorry I had too. It was an open opportunity."
"Oh I'll get you back. Here's some coffee. And Ash go wake up Kel. Not Lex though because she was up all night."
"Alrighty." And with that Ash walked back out of the room and returned with a grumpy looking Kelley by her side. Hope and I laughed at her. I took over the cooking for Hope while she set the table. Ash got the cups and pour coffee into them. Kelley just sat on the stool drinking her coffee. Hope went beside her and kissed her temple before running upstairs. I put the food on the table and sat down next to Ash. Hope came back down after a few minutes with Lex by her side still half asleep. She sat next to my and put her head on my shoulder.
"Hey kid."
"Morning."
"Are you ready to meet the rest of the team tonight?"
"Yeah. It's going to be interesting. Will they like me?"
"Am of course Lex. You're just like your mother and Kelley and they love those too." I looked her in the eyes and then whispered in her ear. "I love you already and I'm not a very affectionate person. You changed me Lex and I'll love you for it." She giggled and I gave her a bit of a shove. I put a little too much pressure on it and she fell off the chair laughing. Hope gave me a glare but I couldn't help but laugh. I helped her up and brushed off the dirt. We sat and ate breakfast making small talk and jokes.
"Alright then ladies let's get these boxes shipped to Houston." Hope said after we cleaned up the kitchen. We packed the rest of all her stuff and put them into the truck that was bringing them to her new house. It took us a few hours but we all finished. We were exhausted. We packed our suitcases and loaded them into the cars. Hope, Kel and Lex in one and Ash and I in the other. We left before them