Chapter 26.

Alexa's POV
"You can sit down you know. I'm not going to bite but I am going to talk and you're going to listen." I said and she walked over and sat down on the chair next to my bed. She looked so sad but I felt nothing. It was like all the love I felt for her was gone.
"I'm going to go back home to Dad's for a while and then I'm leaving with Ash on Monday. I won't be back for two weeks and then I'll be going back to dad's for a few days. Everything is already arranged so you can't change them."
"Okay. Now you have to listen to me. Lex I am so so sorry I said those things to you earlier. I didn't know you would get offended so much by them. I understand if you want to leave our house and live with Car for a while but just don't shut me out. Or Kelley. I know I hurt you a lot but Lex I do love you. I meant everything I said to you that night and I know you know that."

FLASHBACK TO 3 YEARS AGO.
"Lex, baby girl, I need you to hear me out if you can, okay? You're the reason I wake up in the morning and go to sleep happy at night. You're the reason why I never stop smiling because I think of all those little things you do like how you giggle when you're nervous or how you always try to act tough during scary movies but eventually give up and leave the room. I know I'm not the best mother in the world but I'm trying my hardest not to disappoint you but I guess I failed. Lex I just don't understand how someone as sweet and gentle and kind like you is my daughter. You bring out the gentle side of me I guess. And when I first met you on that plane ride I instantly fell in love with you like how I did when you were just a peanut in my stomach. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me Lex and I'm trying my best not to disappoint you." I heard mom cry when I was supposedly asleep one night. We got into an argument and I got so upset and cut myself for the first time. When she walked in I just had a little scratch and wasn't bleeding but she was scared. She cleaned it up and wrapped a bandage around it. She got so upset and called Ash to fly over to help. She arrived the following morning with Ali and stayed with us for a month. Mum wasn't living with us at the time but took personal leave from soccer to come help. I scared them all and they were watching me like hawks. They even stayed through all of my soccer practices and asked the teachers to keep an eye out for me. They picked and dropped me to school everyday and waited until the bell rung so they could leave. Dad and Car would take me away every weekend for a break from them and I couldn't of been more grateful for them. That night mom came into my room and sat into my bed and wrapped an arm around me. She was facing me and pulled me into her chest and ran her fingers through my hair and told me her speech. She was crying while telling me but after she was finished she got up and left me. I cried myself to sleep and woke up the following morning in Ali's arms and Ash facing us.

Back to present time-

"I really sorry Lex." She took my hand in hers and I looked into her eyes. They were red and puffy and full of tears. After my flashback all the feelings came back and I was heartbroken. I pulled my hand out of hers and she frowned. She looked down and stood up. She was about to walk away but I grabbed her hand again. She looked at me and I scooted over in the bed so she could lay next to me. I patted the spot and gave a small smile. She sat down next to me and I was instantly pulled into her chest. I missed having her hold me and I could feel my eyes filling with tears. I started crying and mom tightened her grip around me. She kissed the top my head ran her fingers through my hair. I ended up falling asleep that way.

Kelley's POV
When Hope walked out of Lex's room she looked so upset. I got off of Carli's lap and walked over to her. When she saw me walking over to her put her head down so she was looking at the ground. I picked it up by her chin and kissed her. She kissed back instantly and I felt her smile against my lips. After I pulled away I rested my forehead against her nose.
"I love you." I whispered. She kissed my forehead and wrapped her arms around my waist and hugged me tight. I smiled and hugged back. When she let go I took her hand in mine and walked over to the rest. Carli wouldn't look at her so she got up and walked outside. Ali gave her a small smile before getting up to hug her. Ash followed and so did Brian. I left them and went to see where Carli went. I walked outside and found her leaning against a rail with her back turned to me. I walked over and stood next to her not saying anything.
"She's going to be okay you know. If we stick together and put up a strong front then that'll make her want to get better." I said looking at Car. She gave a small smile and looked over at me.
"You know the two of you are exactly alike it's scary. She's a daughter to me. I just got so scared when I realised what she would do when I was at your house. And then listening to her tell me she was scared. It broke my heart. She was lifeless in my arms Kel. I don't think I will ever forget that." 
"And I don't think Ash will ever forget that phone call. When she hung up she didn't cry at all. She just got scared. She though Lex was dead. We all did to be honest. Lex's the only reason as to why we're all so close."
"I know. I understand. Kelley?"
"Yeah Car?"
"Is she gonna leave us?"
"I honestly don't know. I hope not. All we can do now is keep an eye on her and just hope she doesn't leave again." Carli nodded and we walked back into the hospital. Ali and Ash were on talking with Lex while Hope and Brian were sitting on different ends of the row of seats glaring at each other. I walked over to Hope and sat on her lap. I turned her head so she was looking at me. I kissed her lips and put my hands on the back of her head. After I pulled away I leaned my forehead against hers.
"You want to go in alone or will we go in together?"
"We'll go in as a family." I smiled at her response. I sat on her lap for a while and then Ash and Ali walked out. Ali was crying and Ash was trying to console her. Hope and I got up and walked over to them. I pulled Ali into a hug and wiped away her tears.
"She's going to be okay." I whispered in her ear. She gave me a sad smile and walked over to Ash, who was talking to Hope. She hugged her and turned to Ali. Hope walked over to me and I took her hand in mine and intertwined our fingers. I knocked and walked into Lex's room. She was sitting up on her bed with a big smile on her face when she saw us.
"Hi mum."
"Hey baby girl. How you holding up?"
"A lot better than I was earlier. I just want to go home."
"We know baby. It's just one night. And then you'll be back home." I walked over to her bed and sat next to her. Her smile was gone and now replaced by a frown and tears streaming down her face. I wiped them away with my thumb and she did the same for me. We let out a small laugh and I pulled her into a hug.
"If you want to go home with Brian and Carli then by all means do that Lex but you have to know your mom and I will always love you no matter what your decision." I whispered in her ear. I pulled away and she looked at Hope, who was standing at the end of the bed looking at us. I gave her a nod and she came and sat on the chair on the side of the bed Lex was. I gave her a smile and she did the same. Lex reached out her hand to Hope and Hope took it in hers and Lex smiled.
"We're a family. Even if we're a broken one you are still my mother's. I'm sorry for what I did I really am. I didn't mean for it to go this far. I'm willing to try fix us if you are?" Lex said looking between the both of us.
"I am kid. Hope?" We both looked at her but she wouldn't make eye contact with us.
"I don't know where I would be without my two girls in my life. I'll never leave your side. Not today. Not tomorrow. Not ever. Especially now when you need me the most." Hope said looking up at us. I looked at Lex and her face lit up after what Hope said. Tears started to fall down her cheek and Hope stood up and wiped them away. I smiled and took Hope's hand in mine.
"I'm going to come home to you guys but can Dad and Car stay too? And same with Ash and Ali?" Lex asked looking between the both of us. I looked at Hope and gave her a look and turned my head slightly to the side.
"Of course kid. You'll just have to sleep with us in our bed until you leave Monday." She said.
"I'm okay with that." Lex replied with a huge smile on her face.