Chapter 15.

Kelley's POV
After Hope called last night I was relieved. I miss her so much. And now that Carli and Ashlyn are gone to help me I'm lost. I called Jill to my room to talk to her. While I was waiting I packed my bags and booked the next flight to Seattle. There was a knock on my door and Jill was standing there with a concerned look on her face alongside Christie who had the pretty much the same facial expression. I gave them a sad smile a left them in. I explained everything to them and by the time I was finished the tears already came. Christie had her hand on my thigh and the other around my shoulder and kissing the top of my head. Jill was kneeling down in front of me and took my hands in hers. Boy am I lucky to have them in my life. I'll never be able to repay them. Ever. Jill gave me the weekend off and her and Christie drove me to the airport. I hugged her as I got out of the car while Christie got my bags.
"I really don't know what I could've done with you here with my Chris."
"Kells we'll always be here. You just got to let us in so we can help okay?"
"Okay."
"Now go get your girl and I'll see you in Houston in 3 days okay?"
"Thanks." We hugged one last time and I walked into the airport. I went through security and walked to my gate. I had time left to spare so I went and got coffee. In Starbucks the news was on.
"Jill Ellis has a lot of changes to do to her staring 11 tomorrow. In a recent statement it was announced the Hope Solo and Carli Lloyd won't be starting due to personal problems. Ashlyn Harris, backup goalie, has also go on personal leave as well so that leave Alyssa Naeher with starting position. Also just an hour ago another announcement was stated saying that Kelley O'Hara has also left due to family issues. That's 3 starters gone now for Ellis and backup goalkeeper. Let's hope they'll win now. That's it for now. Check back later for more."

"O'Hara?" I heard my name being called so I went up and got my coffee. I walked back to my gate and luckily no one noticed me. My flight got called and I went to my seat. The last thing I remember is the plane leaving the ground and high above the clouds. And now we're about to land in Seattle. It's 11am here in Seattle and Alexa's game wasn't for another few hours. I got a taxi to subway and got lunch for myself and the driver. We sat and ate for awhile and talked. She was such a lovely person and she's Irish. She told me all about her kids and why she's here and her story. I explained why I'm here and she nodded away. We arrived at the university and I got out to get my bags. I went to pay her.
"No need. You bought me the best lunch I've had in ages. Now go get your girl."
"Haha thanks so much again. I'll call you again when I need a lift. Bye."
"Bye Kelley."
And with that she was gone. I saw Hope and Alexa a few feet away and I dropped my bags. Alexa saw me and her face lit up. She pointed and ran straight at me. I picked her up and spun her around. I tickled her and put her down and walked over to Hope.

Hope's POV
Today is Alexa's game. I invited Car and Ash to come with me and they were more than willing. It wasn't on until 3 in the afternoon so we packed until we had to leave. We drove to the university and parked by the fields. I saw Alexa standing by the fence and she waved at me. I waved back and she came running over to us. I bent down as she came running into my arms.
"Hey Lex. Are you excited?"
"Hi Hope. Yes very. It's a really big game."
"You'll do great. Lex I want you to meet some friends of mine. You might know them ." I lead her back to my car where Ash and Carli were talking. They saw us walking towards them and smiled.
"Oh my gosh. You're Carli Lloyd and Ashlyn Harris! I'm such a big fan."
"Hey there Alexa." Carli said hugging her. Ash rubbed her head.
"Hey Hope?"
"Yes Hun?"
"Did you know she was coming?" She pointed behind me. Kelley stood there. Her face lit up when she saw Alexa running at her.
"No. No I didn't." I whispered to myself. Carli and Ash looked as shocked as me. Kelley was walking over here with Alexa. She was laughing and tickling Alexa. She put her down and she ran off to her teammates.
"Hi." Kelley said looking up at me. I was surprised to see her and didn't speak. Carli and Ash gave her hugs and walked off to the stands where we would be watching the game.
"What are you doing here?"
"To see my sister play but mostly to see you. Hope I needed to see you were okay."
"I'm better now that you're here. C'mon we have a game to watch." I stuck out my hand for her and she took it intertwining our fingers. I kissed the top of her head as we walked over to Ash and Car. They smiled at our intertwined hands and made space for us. We were at the back so no one would recognise us. I leaned against the wall and Kelley sat on the row in front situating herself between my legs. I smiled at the sight. We were like that for the whole game. Afterwards Alexa came up to us and jumped into Kelley's lap beaming at the goal she scored. I couldn't help but laugh at how cute her giggles were and Ash was the same. She sat with us while Kelley went to talk to her dad.

Ashlyn's POV
I pulled Hope aside while Kelley was gone and Alexa was with Carli out on the pitch taking shots.
"Hope is that who I think it is?"
"Ash I honestly don't know. I hope it is but I don't know what I'm going to tell Kelley if it is."
"Hope you gotta ask her."
"How Ash? I'm hardly going to go up to her and say 'Hey Kel? By any chance is Alexa adopted and from around here? Because if she is then she's my daughter!'" I stood in shock. Kelley was right behind Hope and heard the whole thing. Hope  looked at me and then turned around to see what I was looking at. Her face dropped when she saw Kelley.
"She's your daughter?" Kelley asked unsure what to make of it.
"Yes. Well biologically yes. Alexa is my daughter." Hope answered not making eye contact.
"I'm adopted? And you're my mom?" Alexa asked.