Chapter 48.

Alexa's POV
I felt the person pick me up and bring me to the bed. Another set of arms wrapped around me.
"Why couldn't he just leave me alone? What have I ever done to make him that mad at him?" I cried.
"I don't know Lex. I don't really know." I heard mum choke out. I turned and faced her and she was crying. Everyone was gone from the room and it was just the both of us. We were both crying.
"I'm scared Mum. Really scared." I whispered. She nodded and pulled her closer to her.
"We all are baby girl. We all are." I put my head against her chest and listened to her heart beating.

Kelley's POV
Once Lex was asleep Ash came in. I slowly got up from Lex's grip and walked over to her.
"Is she okay?" She asked me looking at her. I looked over at Lex as she slept.
"Honestly Ash I don't know. Not anymore. I just want her to be happy. I think it's time I bring her home."
"Where is home?"
"Georgia. Back to my dads."
"Are you sure?"
"No but it might help. I'll book a flight for us tomorrow. Just don't tell Hope."
"I won't. She needs a break from all of this anyway. Go to bed. I'll stay with Lex for the night."
"Are you sure?"
"Positive. Goodnight Kel."
"Thanks Ash." I kissed her cheek and walked out. I closed the door behind me and went into the kitchen. The back door was open. I walked out and standing next to the lake. I went into the living room and grabbed a blanket and walked out to her. I wrapped the blanket around us and wrapped my arms around her. We stayed like that for a while in silence.
"Thank you." Carli whispered out. I hugged her tighter.
"It's my job Car. Cmon it freezing and I don't want us to get sick." She smiled and left out a little laugh. We walked into the kitchen just as a door closed. I looked at Carli and she shrugged. I put on the kettle and made us both a cup of tea.

Alexa's POV
I kept my eyes closed. I heard mum talking to Ash and then the bed sank. I opened one of my eyes and saw Ash's tattoos. I closed it again and waited for a few moments until she was asleep. I carefully got out of the bed and quietly packed a bag. I grabbed my old piggy bank that I hid and took out the $1000 I was saving for an emergency over the years. I stuffed it into my pockets and grabbed my bag. I slowly walked down the hall and down the stairs. I didn't have my phone because mom took it. I quietly opened the front door and closed it behind me. I walked down the road a bit into town. I saw a taxi and ran to it.
"Hello miss, what can I do for you at this hour?"
"I was hoping if you could bring me to the airport?"
"Sure. Hop on in."
"Thank you." I got into the car and she drove off.
"So, if you don't mind me asking, how old are you?"
"16."
"You're young. Why are you out at this hour of the morning?"
"I need to get away from here for a while."
"Want to talk about it?"
"It's just family problems. I'm going to a friends house for a few days."
"Does your mother know?"
"Nope. I just, kind of, ran away. They won't care anyway."
"Honey, they do care. They'll get a fright if you're gone."
"I know but I just need time."
"Alright sweetie." We pulled up to the airport and the woman got out and helped me. "Here is my number. If you even need anything just give me a call. My name is Pam. Pam Morgan."
"Thank you. You're Alex Morgan's mom aren't you?"
"Yes. How did you know?"
"Because I'm Hope and Kelley's daughter. Alexa Solo, it's nice to meet you."
"You too. May I ask what friend you're going to?"
"I was just going to see what flight is the earliest and whatever friend is in that state I'll go there."
"You will not. Go to California. I'll call Alex to collect you from there."
"You don't have to Mrs.Morgan."
"I need to know you're safe Alexa. Go to Cali. I'll be waiting for that call."
"Thank you."
You're welcome Miss Solo." I hugged her and gave her money. She insisted not to take it because I had to pay for my flight. I hugged her goodbye and walked into the airport. I walked up to the ticket machine. I pressed on the California flight that was leaving in half an hour. I put in the money and grabbed my ticket. I walked to my gate and got there just as the flight was being called. I got onto the plane with my bags and sat on my seat. There was a young woman with a baby sitting next to me crying.
"Are you alright miss?" I asked her.
"Yeah in fine. Sorry if I bothered you."
"Not at all. What's your son's name?"
"Jace. He's a month old." She turned the baby so he was looking at me. I stuck out my hand and he took my fingers. I smiled and he giggled. The woman smiled too.
"You look very young to be a mom. You only look 18."
"Because I am."
"Oh wow."
"Yeah. I didn't plan it but it happened and I couldn't be more grateful. It's just Jace and I now."
"Where are you heading?"
"My grandparents. We're going to live with them for a while. What about you? What's your story?"
"Am I'm 16 and I ran away from home. I'm heading to a friends house. Also not planned." She smiled and laughed.
"What's your name?"
"Alexa but everyone calls me Lex. What about you?"
"Hello Lex, my name is Kayla."
"Nice to meet you Kalya. And Jace."
"Nice to meet you to. Would you mind holding him while I got to the bathroom?"
"Yeah sure." She handed me Jace while she went to the bathroom. "Hey buddy." He played with my fingers and laughed. I smiled and rubbed his belly. "You're a big boy for your age." He hiccuped and I giggled. He looked up at me and smiled. Kayla came back minutes later from the bathroom and sat next to us.
"Do you want to sleep? I can kind him while you do."
"Do you mind? I'm so tired."
"No not at all. I'll wake you up before we land."
"Thank you. You are my lifesaver." I giggled and she smiled. After a few minutes she was sound asleep and it was just Jace and I. He was wide awake. "Merry Christmas Jace. I hope you have an amazing life with your mom. You better look out for her when you're older and not argue with her. It's just going to be you and her for a while bud." He looked at me and smiled. "You're a smilie baby aren't you kid." He giggled and stuck out his tongue playing with my necklace. I smiled. After a few minutes he was asleep and Kayla's head was on my shoulder. I looked out the window for the rest of the flight.
"Hello this is your pilot speaking. We are about to land. Welcome to California." I smiled and looked at Kayla. I shook her slightly and she groaned.
"We're about to land. Grab your bags and I'll take Jace for you."
"Thank you Alexa." I smiled and she gathered everything. I picked up my bag carefully not waking up Jace. I put it on my back. The plane landed and we loaded out. We went to baggage claim to get her bags. She grabbed them and we walked to arrivals. When we walked out I saw Alex standing there. She was on her phone surrounded by people staring at her in awe. I smiled and looked back at Kayla and saw she was standing near an old couple. She ran back to me.
"Thank you so much Lex. For everything. You made my life a whole lot easier." She hugged me and her face dropped. I turned to se who she was looking at.
"Hey Al."
"Hey Lex. My mom called and explained everything. You're in huge trouble young one." I smiled at her. I turned back and looked at Jace in my arms.
"Well buddy it was nice meeting you. I hope I can meet you again in the future and see what kind of man you'll turn into. If your anything like your mommy then you'll be amazing. I'll see you around bud. Be good for your mommy okay buddy." I kissed her head and handed him back to Kayla.
"So you're Alexa Solo."
"That's me."
"I'll see you around so Solo. Stay safe."
"You too. Take care of my buddy." She smiled and walked back to her grandparents. I turned and faced Alex. She looked angry. "Okay not in public. You can kill me all you want somewhere else." She didn't say anything but turned and walked away. I walked behind her with my head down because people were taking pictures. They got in my way and crowded me. Alex was walking away unaware of anything.
"Alex." I screamed at her. She turned and ran back to me. She grabbed my arm and pulled me away. We finally made it back to her car and she drove back to her house. It was silent for the whole drive. When we got to her house she turned off the engine and turned and looked at me. I looked back at her.
"Why Lex?"
"I ask myself the same thing everyday. Why me? Why did he hurt me? And then when I got home I finally realised why. She doesn't care about me. Never has and never will. I don't feel safe with her anymore." I was still looking at Alex and she was crying. "She yelled at me. Just like he did when..." I couldn't finished my sentence because I started crying. I looked down.
"I'm sorry I said that to you at the airport. I was just scared. When my mom called I panicked and rushed to the airport tonne early for your flight. I called Christen and she's inside with Jules and Tobs." I looked up at her again.
"Tobin's here?"
"Yes. She was suppose to leave earlier but stayed after I had my panic attack. Cmon she's worried sick." I nodded and got out of the car. Alex came over and wrapped her arm around my shoulder. "I'm always here Lex. Always." I smiled. She opened the front door and we were immediately attacked by her dog. Seconds later Tobin, Christen and Julie appeared at the door. I looked up from the dog to them. Christen and Julie smiled and Tobin gave me a sad smile. I ran to her and she pulled me into a hug. I immediately started crying and she rubbed my back.
"I've got you. You're going to be okay. Everything is going to be okay. I got you. No one will hurt you here. We won't let them." She whispered in my ear. We hugged for a little longer until I eventually pulled away. I hugged Christen and Julie too.
"What are you guys all doing here?"
"Well Jules and I were visiting my family for Christmas and we're heading to Arizona for New Years with hers." Christen said smiling. I smiled back at her. I looked back at Alex and she walked into the kitchen. I followed her and saw Serv sitting at the table.

"Will I have to call them?" I asked looking down at the floor.
"Eventually yes but you can do it in a while when you're ready." Alex said putting her hand on my shoulder. She picked my chin up and kissed my nose. "I love you."
"I love you too." 

She walked out of the kitchen leaving me with Serv. He patted to the seat next to him and I walked over. He kissed the side of my head and wrapped an arm around my shoulder.

"Do you know?"
"Si mi amor. Ashlyn told me the whole story. I'm sorry you had to go through that kid."
"I'm scared Serv. I'm scared to go back."
"I know kid. I know. But look on the bright side, you're here with Al, Tobs and I for Christmas. I can take you iceskating and whatever else we  want to do."
"Thanks Serv."
"It's my pleasure. Go call either your mum, Ash or Carli. they're all going to be so worried."

I nodded and got up and walked into Alex. I nodded to her and she handed me her phone. I went outside and sat on the step. I went into Momma's contact and pressed call. She answered on the seconds ring.

Carli- Hey Alex. What's up?
Me- Hi Momma.
Carli- Oh my god Lex is that really you? Please tell me you're okay and safe?
Me- I'm safe. I don't know how I feel to be honest. Are you with everyone?
Carli- Yes. You're on speaker.
Ali- Lex where are you? 
Me- California.
Mom- You're where?
Me- as far away from you that's where. I'm going to go. I'm not in the mood to be hurt more.
Mum- No Lex wait don't hang up yet.
Me- Why? You and I both know this will end in an argument and I'll be gone again and this time without any contact seeing as she took my phone.
Mum- Because I'm you're mother and you're going to listen to me. And if not I'll be out on that next flight to take your ass home.
Me- I miss you too Mum. Merry Christmas.
Mum- Merry Christmas to you too baby girl. When will you be home?
Me- I don't know. A month at the latest.
Ash- A MONTH! WHERE ARE YOU GOING TO GO FOR A WHOLE MONTH?
Me- I know people. I just called to let you know I'm okay and now that I've done that I'm going to go. Tell Emily I'll see her soon. Alex and Tobin will know where I am at all times so call them for updates. Bye.

I hung up before they could say anything else. I walked back inside and I handed Alex back her phone. It started ringing and Ash's face popped up on the screen. Alex looked up at me. 

"What did you say to them?"
"I wasn't going to be home for a month."
"A month? Tobin's taking you home in three days Lex."
"Fine. Thank you."

She smiled and answered the phone. We immediatley her Ash screaming and Al pulled the phone away from her ear. I stood up and took it from her. I hung up and turned it off. Alex gave me a sad smile and stood up to hug me.