Chaper 38.

Carli's POV
I pull out my phone and create a group chat without Ash and Lex.
Me- how is she?
Hope- asleep
Kelley- broken. What about Ash?
Ali- hurting
Me- How are we going to fix this?
Hope- we're not
Kelley- they have to do it themselves
Ali- that's not going to happen anytime soon
Me- can we not force them into talking?
Hope- Car then she won't talk to any of us
Me- I don't want to lose her
Kelley- none of us do but maybe it was just meant to happen.
Ali- Kelley's right. We can't lose either of them. We just have to wait and see if it mends its self.
Me- fine but if it doesn't resolve by next time she's home then we are forcing them to talk. Deal?
Kelley- deal
Ali- deal
Hope- I guess. All we can do now is wait.
Ali- how long left of a drive?
Kelley- 10 minutes
Me- 10 minutes to say goodbye for a while
Ali- ugh I'm not ready
Hope- none of us are. Ali can I ask you something?
Ali- shoot.
Hope- do you ever plan on moving to Houston?
Ali- I've thought about it but I just can't pick up and leave everything when I'm captain.
Hope- yeah I understand. Alrighty ladies it's time. Who wants to do the honours of waking the beast?
Me- I will. Be there in a minute.
We all pulled into the parking lot. We all parked next to each other. I got out and walked over to Hope's car. I opened Lex's door and watched her sleep. I shook her slightly.
"Cmon baby girl. It's time."
"But I don't wanna."
"I know baby but cmon."
"But why?"
"Because you're going to take this world by storm in the future." She opened her eyes and looked over at me. I kissed her forehead and helped her out. She pulled out her phone and opened her email of her schedule and dorm. Luckily we parked right across from her dorm. She was on the second floor in 2B. That was the athletes floor. We unloaded all her suitcases and had one each and Brian and Ash had two. We too the elevator up to her floor. It was awkward because Lex and Ash were standing next to each other. Lex completely ignore Ash where as she was heartbroken. We got off and walked over to her door. She unlocked it and we saw bags already there. There was a living room and a kitchen and a bathroom. The was a massive bedroom with two beds. There was bags on one bed. We set hers on the other. After an hour or so we were still unpacking everything. The door opened and slammed shut. I walked out and saw a girl around Lex's age there. She dropped her books and screamed.
"Oh my god. You're Carli Lloyd. OMG."
"Hi there."
"I'm a huge fan. Like massive."
"Thanks. You at soccer?"
"Yeah got a scholarship here. So did my roommate apparently. I don't know her name though."
"Lex. Come here a second." I said out load. There was a thud and laughter. Seconds later Lex emerged with Kelley and Hope by her side. She walked over to the girl and stuck out her hand.
"Hi I'm Alexa but everyone calls me Lex. What's your name?"
"Am Mallory but they call me Mal. It's nice to meet you."
"Same here. So I see you've met Carli. This is Kelley and Hope."
"It's nice to meet you. I'm a huge fan. Of all of you." She shook both their hands. I laughed at Mal. She looked so star struck at all of us and then when Ali and Ash walked in it was hilarious. She screamed and ran to Ali. Ali laughed and hugged her back.
"You must be Lex's new roommate."
"The names Mal."
"Nice to meet you Mal."  She walked over to Lex and kissed her cheek. Ash stood at the door awkwardly. Mallory's phone rang and she had to answer. She walked out of the room.
"I guess this is our cue to say goodbye." Brian said standing up. I sighed and everyone else did. Lex stood up and hugged him. She was crying and he kissed her head. Ash walked out of the room and Brian followed. Lex was looking at them and my heart broke for her. Ash left without saying bye. Ali walked over and pulled her into a tight hug. She didn't speak just held her and cried. Lex did the same. She finally let go and walked out. It was my turn now. I sighed and walked over to her.

Alexa's POV
Ash just walked out of the room. My heart shattered into a million of pieces. She didn't even say goodbye. Ali came over and hugged me for a couple of minutes while crying. I was crying too. She let go and walked out. I looked down at my feet and then up at Momma as she made her way over.
"I'll 'miss you momma."
"I'll miss you too lex. I'll see you in a few weeks right? And you'll call and text everyday?"
"Yes momma I will. I love you."
"I love you too. Stay safe and stay out of trouble. Keep up the good work."
"I will." I hugged her and didn't want to let go. Eventually I did and she walked out of the room. I looked over at mom and mum and saw them crying. I walked over to them.
"I guess this is goodbye?"
"It'll never be goodbye Lex. It's just simply a see you soon." Mum replied. I hugged her and she kept kissing my temple. She let and walked out leave just mom and I.
"I don't know what to say."
"Don't say anything. Just hold me." She walked over and pulled me into a hug. I squeezed her back and cried.
"I love you so much. I'm going to miss seeing you everyday. I'll expect a call or text everyday. I'm so proud of you Lex. No words could describe. I'll see you soon okay? Stay safe."
"I will. I love you."
"I love you too. Call me if you ever have a problem."
"Don't worry I will. I have you on speed dial. I'll call if I ever have a problem." I pulled out my phone as she walked to the door. I rang her and she answered.
Mom-hello?
Me- I have a problem
She turned and faced me. I had tears streaming down my face.
Me- I'm going to miss you.
She chuckled while crying and walked out of the room. Mal came in moments later and pulled me into a hug. She helped me finish unpacking. Once we were finished she pulled out her laptop and we watched Netflix for a while. It was only 7pm and it was still bright out.
"Wanna head to the field and practise?"
"Sure why not."
We got up and changed into our soccer gear. We both grabbed our cleats and walked to the field. I know going to like it here.