Chapter 31.

Hope's POV

"Will you marry me?" I asked the love of my life. I'm still on one knee waiting for a reply. I was looking right at Kelley and she looked shocked. I was just about to stand up but got knocked back down again with her lying on top of me. She pulled me into a kiss. She pulled away and shook her head. 

"Yes. A million times yes. I love you."

"I love you too" 

I kissed her one last time and helped her up. Once we were  standing I pulled into a hug. After a few seconds I felt someone jump on my back. I stumbled a bit and I heard her giggle. I knew right away it was Lex. I put her down and pulled her into a hug.

"Well mum are you going to join this hug or not? After all you're going to be a Solo." 

I looked at Kel and put my arm out. She ran over to us and hugged us tight. We let go and we led Kelley to her surprise party. I intertwined Kel and I's hands and wrapped my free arm around Lex. We walked over to the restaurant and went inside. It was dark and Lex ran over and turned on the light. Everyone jumped out and yelled. Kelleys face was priceless. Her family were in the front. I invited them because of the engagement. She ran over and hugged them all and talked to them. I went over to Lex.

"Hey baby girl."

"Hey mom. What's up?"

"I wanted to thank you for everything this evening. You really made it to be an unforgettable birthday. I don't think we could ever repay you."

"You already have." She pointed over to Kel. She was looking at us confused. She began walking over. "She's happy. You're happy and I'm happy. That's all I could ever ask for in this world. A happy family and I got the best one."

Kelley reached us and I wrapped an arm around her shoulder and kissed her temple. I look back at Lex but she was walking over to the exit. I led Kelley over to Ash and Ali.

"Congrats ladies. We're so happy for you."

"Thanks Ali. Hey could you guys do me a favour?"

"Yeah sure, what is it?"

"Go follow Lex. She just walked outside the door." They nodded and walked towards the exit. Kelsey led me over to her family and we talked to them.

Alexa's POV

I was so happy for mum. I'm glad it was such a huge success. I walked out of the restaurant and down the the water. I needed some space from the people and the noise. I took off my shoes and sat in the sand and put them next to me. I put my arms behind my back and lied on the for support. I closed my eyes and listened to the waves crashing off the rocks and the music from the party in the distance. I was disturbed when I heard people whispering behind me. I opened my eyes and saw Ash and Ali standing there. I patted on the and next to me and they sat. I sighed and looked out at the ocean.

"They're happy aren't they."

"Very happy Lex. You make them happy the most."

"Can I tell you guys something? You got to promise you won't tell my moms."

"We promise kid. What's up?"

"I'm dying."

"Alexa don't say that"

"Ali you don't understand. I heard the doctors say that I'm slowly dying and in a matter of weeks I'll be gone. I cut too many times in  the same place that my vein is so weak it won't repair the next time I cut somewhere around there. I'll lose too much blood and die."