Chapter 49.

Alexa's POV
So Tobs is taking me back today. I'm going to miss Alex and Serv. They've been so caring the last few days. They acted like my parents. Things will be different when I go back now. Maybe I'll go live with dad? Or just ignore mom? I was brought out of my thoughts when someone put their hand on my shoulder. I turned and saw Serv standing there. He smiled and sat next to me.
"You know Lex, everything happens for a reason. You've just hit a hard patch, that's all."
"Serv, I'm scared. What if she hurts me?"
"She won't. Do you really think Kelley O'Hara will leave her lay a finger on you?" He chuckled at that. "If things do get worse then you're always welcomed here with Al and I."
"Thank you. I really owe you a lot." I hugged him and he kissed my temple.
"Come on. You've got a flight to catch." I nodded and we stood up. I followed him outside to the car where Alex and Tobin we sitting. I got into the back next to Tobin and put my head on her shoulder. She smiled and took my hand in hers. We arrived at the airport twenty minutes later and Tobs grabbed her bags and put them through security. Alex and Serv walked as far as they could with us before we had to say goodbye. I hugged Serv. I let go and stood in front of Alex.
"When will I see you again?" I asked her.
"Real soon. Pride are coming to Seattle next week for a game so I'll see you there. I'll get Pinoe to bring you."
"Good." I hugged her tight. "Thank you for everything. I don't think I'll ever be able to repay you or your mom." I whispered in her ear. She kissed the side of my head and cupped my face in her hands.
"You don't owe us anything. I'm just glad you're safe and okay." She kissed my forehead and let go. I smiled and turned to Tobin.
"Ready to go to hell?" She laughed and nodded. I turned back to Alex and Serv and waved. Tobin and I walked to our gate and got on the plane. We were walking back to our seats when I noticed something on the ground by my seat. I picked it up and saw a picture of Jace, Kayla and I asleep. I smiled and left out a small laugh.
"What you got there?" Tobin said looking at me.
"Just something." After a hour or so into the flight Tobin was sound asleep against the chair. I pulled out the photo. I looked at it again and studied it. I turned it around and saw a message.
'What ever you do, make sure it makes you happy.' I can't thank you enough for the help you gave me. I could never repay you for your act of kindness. I would love to stay in touch with you. See you around Solo.
- Kayla.
My smile grew bigger as I reread that message over and over. I folded the picture and put it in my pocket. I looked around the plane and saw everyone was asleep. I looked the screen and saw it was 4:27am local time. We were meant to arrive in an hour or so. I got up and went to the bathroom. As I made my way down I saw a toddler smiling out the window. I smiled and carried on to the bathroom. I washed my face and hands. I dried up and walked out. I saw the air hostesses asleep on their chair and smiled. There was blankets on the ground next to them and I picked them up. I wrapped them around all three of them as they slept. I buttoned their top shirt buttons so they wouldn't choke. I made my way to my seat but stopped by the row where the toddler was bouncing up and down on who I would assume is his mom. He looked at me and giggled. He crawled out to the passageway way to me and stood up wobbling. I smiled and bent down to him. He grabbed his book and sat down in the ground. I smiled and followed in pursuit. He crawled into my lap and I held the book. I read it to him as he turned the pages. We read it two times before him mom woke up. She began to panic when she didn't see the child. When she saw us on the ground she smiled.
"Hi I'm sorry if he kept you awake." She said.
"Oh he wasn't. I was going to the bathroom and he was awake and bouncing on you but I didn't want him to disturb you so I took him and we read a book."
"Thank you so much."
"It's no bother. You looked like you needed the break."
"I did." I smiled and stood up. I handed her back the child and made my way back to my seat. When I arrived Tobin was awake.
"Hey, where have you been the last half hour?"
"Ready a book to a little boy."
"Well aren't you the sweetest." I nodded and sat next to her. Soon the plane landed and we got off. We collected Tobin's bags and went to grab a taxi.
"Where to?" The lady asked.
"Pam?"
"Lex. Hello, how are you?"
"I'm good. How are you?"
"I'm great. Hello Tobin."
"Hey Mrs. Morgan. Do you know where you're going?"
"Sure do." We drove off the mom's house. We made conversation all the drive. I laughed when she was telling us stories about Alex as a child. We finally pull up to the house and we get out. I paid Pam as Tobin for her bags.
"If anything goes wrong, you know where to find me right?" She said hugging me.
"Yes. Thank you very much."
She got in the car and drove away. Tobin and I stood in front of the house. I sigh and felt something take my hand. I looked down and then up at Tobin.
"Are you ready?" she asked.
"Nope but let's go." She nodded and we walked up to the front door. She knocked and we waited. We heard footsteps and some shuffling and then the door opened.
"Tobin?" Ali appeared and looked confused. "What are you doing here?"
"I had to return something." She chuckled and moved out of the way. I waved and Ali screamed. She ran out to me and jumped. She wrapped her legs around my waist and held onto me tight. I held her for another while until she finally got down.
"Hi." She said shyly.
"Hi Al." I looked at Tobin and she was looking down on the ground. I looked up at the door and saw mom standing there. I looked away and back at Ali. "Is Ash here?" She nodded. "Can you get her for me please?" She nodded again and walked into the house. Mom was making her way towards me.
"Don't even think about coming near me." I said backing away. She kept making her way forward but stopped when she was arms length away from me. "You hurt me more than you could know. Don't think I'll ever forgive you because I won't. Not any time soon." She looked angry but sad at the same time. She lifted her arms and I flinched and put my arms up for defence. I shut my eyes knowing what's coming next.
"Woah what the hell is happening here?" I heard Ash saying as she ran towards us. I opened one of my eyes and saw mom. She looked so hurt and scared. Ash ran at me and picked me up. I hugged her back and put my head in the nook of her neck. She put me down but still had a tight grip around me. Eventually I let go and she went to talk with Tobin. They went into the living room while I stayed out front. I could feel someone standing behind me.
"When he beat me all I could think of was that mum would be safe, that he wouldn't touch her on her wedding day. The things he said to me really hurt but brought me to my senses. Maybe I am nothing but a mistake he made. I had a loving family and an amazing big sister who loved me. Why did you take that away from me? I was happy. Now? Now I'm on the verge of a mental breakdown." I looked down at my feet and felt the tears fall. I let out a sigh and turned and looked at mom. She was looking at the ground with her arms crossed. "Am I a mistake you made?" I asked. She didn't respond. She didn't even look at me. Guess it was what I thought. "Wow. You can't even look me in the eye and respond. Some person you are there Hope." I brushed past her and walked into the house.
I stopped by the living room door and saw them all standing and looking at me worryingly. I looked at them and pointed at the front door. "To her I am nothing but a mistake and I wouldn't be surprised if I was too all of you as well." I turned and walked up to my old bedroom and climbed out onto the roof. I stood up and looked at the lake below. I closed my eyes and took deep breaths to calm myself. I sat down after a few moments and looked out at the lake. I heard a grunt from behind me and turned. I saw dad making his way up towards me. He eventually made it and sat next to me. We sat in silence for a few moments and looked out at the lake.
"You're not a mistake you know." He said after a few minutes. I looked down at my hands and then up at him.
"Then why didn't she say that I wasn't. She hasn't said anything about that day or asked how I'm feeling. She has only started arguments that end up with me being even more broken than before. I'm tired of hoping she'll change. I'm tired of waiting for her."
"Tell her then."
"She doesn't listen to me Dad. Can't you see?" He sighed and looked out at the lake.
"She's trying her best Lex."
"Her best? That woman hurt me. More times than one."
"That woman is your mother."
"That woman is someone who gave birth to me. She missed nearly seven years of my life. I really thought you would be on my side for this Brian." I got up and climbed back down into my room. I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen. Emily was sitting at the counter colouring. She looked up and smiled at me.
"Lexi!" She got her chair and ran towards me. She jumped into my arms and I hugged her tight.
"Hey Em. I missed you."
"I missed you too. Where did you go?"
"To a friends for a few days. I just needed time to clear my head." She nodded and I put her down. She ran back to her book and started colouring again. I walked towards the back door and opened it.
"Mommy cried everyday. She missed you a lot Lexi. She was really happy when she saw you earlier." I smiled and looked back at her. She was still looking at her colouring book deciding on which colour to choose next. I walked out and closed the door behind me and made my way towards the lake. I picked a up a few stones and skinned them along the water. I sat on the edge of the water and looked out on the lake. They sun was just starting to set and laying on the horizon. I heard footsteps and the stones and turned to see mum making her way towards me. She sat next to me and put her head on my shoulder. We sat like that for ages. Just me and her. Enjoying each other's company.
"Mum?"
"Hmm?"
"Am I?"
"Not at all Lex. You'll never be a mistake to me. Not ever. If Hope doesn't want you then she can't have me. We're a package deal. Always have and always will be. We can move back to Georgia for a while and you could go to UVA if you'd like."
"As long as it's far from here." She chuckled and kissed my cheek. She stood up and wiped her hand off her pants to get the dirt off of them. She stuck out her hand and helped me up. I did the same. She wrapped her arm around my waist and wrapped me in a said hug as we walked back to the house. She opened the door and we walked in and locked it behind us. I walked into the living room and they were all in there watching tv. Mum came in behind me and took my hand in hers. I looked down and shook my head. She let go and kissed my head and I walked out. I went up to my room. I pulled out the small box of photos from under my bed. I turned it upside down and spread them all over the floor. I separated them into two piles. Ones of group selfies and pictures of the girls and others consist of pictures where I didn't know it was being taken. I went into the back of my jeans on the bed and took out the photo of Kayla, Jace and I. I smiled and put it with the pile. I put them back into the box more organised and put it back under the bed. I heard a thud and got down on all four and looked. There was an old book. I pulled it out and blew off the dust. I wiped it and saw something written on it. 'Photo album 2000'. That was the year I was born. I opened it up and saw old pictures of mum and him looking at each other so in love. As the pages go on mom gets bigger and bigger and he disappears. Eventually mom is massive and he's gone completely. The final picture in the book is of me in Ash's arms as a newborn and mom and Carli looking at us. There is someone in the background but I can't quite make it out. I look closer and see who it is. Her smile looks familiar and she looks so young. Instantly it clicks who it is. I was angry that she knew I was adopted. I closed the book and stormed down the stairs.

Ali's POV
Ash just put Emily to bed. We were all sitting in the living room watching tv. The door opened and Lex stormed in.
"YOU KNEW! AND YOU NEVER TOLD ME! HOW COULD YOU!" She yelled at either Hope or Kelley. Hope looked at Kelley and she looked as confused as she did. I stood up and walked over to Lex to try calm her down.
"Who knew what Lex?"
"Kelley knew I was adopted." She said looking at me and then back at Kelley. "I trusted you. How could you not tell me?" She turned back to me with tears in her eyes. "Did you know? Because I know Ashlyn and Carli do because of the photo."
"No I didn't. I'm sorry Lex. What photo?" She took it out of her pocket and handed it to me. I frowned and showed it to Kelley and Hope. Ash and Carli stood up and walked towards Lex.
"No, stay away from me. I want nothing to do with any of you again." She stormed out of the room and slammed the door behind her.
"How could you not of told her?" I said looking at the door. I felt a hand in mine.
"I don't know." Hope said standing up. I turned and glared at her.
"It's all your fault we're in this mess in the first place. When you all get your shit together you can come to Emily, Lex and I in Washington." I said walking out of the room. I walked up to Lex's bedroom and knocked on the door. I walked in and saw her crying against the wall.
"Pack up. I'm taking you to Washington away from everyone. When they get their shit pulled together they'll come to us." I said and walked back out the door not giving her a chance to reply. I went into the guest room and packed my and Emily's bag. After a few moments I was done and walked back to Lex's room. She was packed and sitting on her bed. I gave her a sad smile and she followed me back into the bedroom. She grabbed the bags and I took Emily. We walked downstairs to the car and got in. We completely ignored everyone and drove. We pulled up to the airport and this time Lex took Emily and I checked the bags through security. I got the tickets and we made our way to the gate. Emily was still asleep. We sat at the entrance of the gate waiting for the flight tonne called.
"Thank you." Lex said looking at me. I nodded at her and took her hand and squeezed it. After a few moments our flight was called and we boarded. Lex took the window seat and Emily was in the middle. It was going to be a long flight home. I took out my phone and texted Kyle.
To Kyle;
I need you to pick me up from the airport in a few hours. Long story short something bad happened and I'll explain at the house but I have Lex and Emily so set up the guest room for them. I need your help with Lex.
From Kyle;
Sure thing sista. I'll be waiting for everything. See you soon.
I closed my phone and turned it off. I looked over at Lex and saw her looking out the window.  I reached across and took her hand.
"Everything's going to be okay. I promise." She nodded and went back to looking out the window. Eventually the plane took off and Lex fell asleep. I dozed soon later.