Chapter 2 : The end of the beginning

Chapter 2 : The end of the beginning 

Anna arrives, the students leave, the Aurors descend on their unsuspecting target and Draco shows that he’s truly the new head of the Malfoy family.  Oh, yes, there’s a new resident ghost. And it’s only the first day of summer holiday.

Chapter 2 : The end of the beginning

 With a flash, Anna and Winky found themselves in front of a large door, which stood open, light spilling out onto the stone terrace.  Fawkes gave a cry and disappeared.

 “What the bloody hell was that?” Gwen exclaimed, as she came into the hall and spotted Anna at the door.  “Anna!

 Putting Winky down, Anna walked through the open door and straight into Gwen’s arms.

 “Sorry I’m late.”

 “Actually, we weren’t expecting you until about midnight,” said Narcissa, as she emerged from the parlor and gave Anna a hug, after Gwen had released her.

 “Really?  I’m . . . gasp . . . early?”

 “Quick, someone, get a camera!  We need a picture of Anna by the clock!”

 “Oh, stop!” 

 They all laughed.

 Dobby came running in just then and hugged Winky. The two house-elves started chattering away, walking off to the back of the house, arms around each other, oblivious to the three women who were watching them with amusement.

“Ah, young love,” Anna sighed.

 “So.”  Narcissa crossed her arms.  “Are we where I think we are?”

“Yes, this is Nottinghamshire.”

 “Don’t be coy.  Is this Severus’ old home?  Where he grew up?”

 “Yes, it is.  It wasn’t in too bad shape and I figured, why not, it wasn’t being used and I’ll have lots of time to get it fixed up before I drag him back here to live.”

“Ah, drag being the operative word.”  Narcissa frowned, shaking her head.  She looked at Anna with one eyebrow raised. “You do know how he feels about this place, don’t you?”

 “Yes, I do; but when I get finished with it, he’ll hardly recognize it.  At least, I hope he will give it a chance.  We’ll see when we get to that point.”

 “Speaking of getting to the point,” Gwen asked, as they walked through to the kitchen. “Did you tell him you’re pregnant?”

 “Yes and then he insisted we get married, which we did!”

 “REALLY?” squealed Gwen.

 “There is a God!”  Narcissa threw her arms around Anna and hugged her. “I’m so happy for you two.”

 Gwen pried Cissa off Anna.  “Hey, family first!” 

 Narcissa laughed, and then threw her arms around both of them for a group hug.

 “Come and sit and tell us all about it!” 

 Narcissa pulled Anna over to a chair and pushed her down, while Gwen grabbed two more chairs and put them facing Anna for her and Cissa to sit on.  They settled themselves, arms crossed, waiting to hear the whole story.

“Details, we want details.”

 “All of them. Every . . . last . . . one.”