CHapter 36 : If it weren't for bad luck . . .

Chapter 36 : If it weren’t for bad luck…

It all comes down to this….but we knew it had to, didn’t we?

Chapter 36 :If it weren’t for bad luck…

 Gwen and the Creevey brothers were making their way to the Great Hall, stopping at each corner and doing a quick peek, on the lookout for any roaming groups of Death Eaters.

“Maybe we should ‘Disillusion ’ ourselves now,” suggested Dennis.

"I can do the spell for you, Gwen,” offered Colin.

 “No, thank you, Colin; you two go ahead.   I’ll stay ‘normal’, because, to tell you the honest truth . . . . . ” She looked around and then leaned over and whispered, “ . . . . It creeps me out a bit.”

 The boys giggled.

 “Also, I’ll be sitting with Professor Dumbledore in the Great Hall, out of harm’s way, so I won’t need to be invisible.  But you two . . .  yes, that might be a good idea for when you rejoin Harry and the others.”

 “Exactly!”  “That’s right.”

 _____________________________________________________

 Fenrir’s group burst through the archway into the courtyard and started firing spells at the various D.A. members but when they spotted Severus Snape they skidded to a halt, sure they were seeing things.

“You’re dead!” said one Death Eater, just before a well-placed stunner from Ginny Weasley dropped him to the ground.

“Apparently not!” replied Severus, as he shifted position, hitting another of the group and putting him out of action.

“Good one, Professor,” yelled Terry, firing off one of his own spells, which pinned down Rookwood behind a large piece of fallen stone.

“Thank you, Terry.  Watch it!” Severus warned, pointing, as Rabastan tried to circle around. 

“Got your back, Terry,” called Silvia, as she spun around and throwing a spell that made Rabastan dive for cover.

Fenrir backed into the hallway, out of sight . . . . And waited.

________________________________________________________

Harry jumped on his broom.

“Where are you going?”  Anna grabbed his arm.

“I’ve got to go help over at the staircase, it looks to spill out into Gwen’s path and she and the boys will get caught in the open,” Harry lied, stuffing the map in his pants pocket, being careful to avoid meeting Anna’s gaze.   “I’ll catch up with you when I see them to safety.  Now, go already, Severus needs some backup!”

 Anna cocked her head and looked at him for a moment.

 “Alright, then; we’ll see you later.”

 Harry nodded and took off toward the stone arch bridge and then swung toward the terrace outside the Great Hall.

 “I got a bad feeling about this,” Anna said, under her breath, as she watched him fly away.  Turning, she pointed.  “Let’s go kick some Death Eater butt!”

 ________________________________________________________

 As Draco and Theo came racing down the stairs, Cissa turned her head to see who was approaching.  Unfortunately, that gave Bella the opening she needed.  “Expelliarmus!” she screamed.