Chapter 9: Practice, plans and more practice

Chapter 9 : Practice, plans and more practice

Harry and Draco get started on training, and Severus asks for an explanation of some puzzling events in the past.  Potions are bubbling and Neville is spreading his wings, a bit. Life at the Burrow in the late summer is about to change…drastically.

Chapter 9 : Practice, plans and more practice

 Dearest Mother,

 Harry returned to Hogwarts yesterday and he was very friendly with me, and even kidded with me a bit.  I think he is trying to put all the bad feelings we had toward each other behind us and I will try hard not to slip back into my old habits.  It was easy being a prat, but it takes work to keep my tongue from automatically saying stupid things.  Did I just say that?  I guess I really have turned over a new leaf, huh?

 He will be showing me some of the DA stuff (that’s short for Defense Association or as it is more commonly called, Dumbledore’s Army) but I’ve got a lot to learn to catch up.  I can see where this will be of help when Voldemort attacks.  I am not too far behind, but I am glad to have this time with Harry, to learn as much as I can.

 Oh, I almost forgot.  Harry said something that got me thinking.  Where are you going to have the baby?  Do you have someone to help you?  Remember, Dumbledore offered you sanctuary here at Hogwarts.  I am a little anxious about this although Harry said you have probably had it all planned out for ages.  However, let me know what you are going to do, so I will not worry, okay?

 Harry and I are going out and do some Quidditch practice before dinner, so I will close and drop this at the owlery on the way to the Pitch.

 Love and hugs,

 Your son,

 Draco.

   __________________________________________________________

 Harry, Draco, Severus Snape and Albus Dumbledore sat facing Christopher’s portrait, waiting patiently.

 “This is weird,” whispered Draco.

 “It is, a bit,” agreed Harry. “But, leave it to Anna to figure out a way of keeping us on our toes.”

 “Shhhh!” hissed Severus.

The boys grinned at each other and then looked up suddenly, as Christopher appeared at the edge of his frame.  He sat down in his favorite chair and consulted a piece of paper he was carrying.

 “Okay, here are your instructions: Draco and Harry; use the targeting board for spell practice when you feel like it, as you both seem to have targeting and speed skills up to snuff, according to Severus.  However, Draco, you will be receiving a package from Weasleys’ Wizarding Wheezes, with your DA equipment.  Harry will show you how to use them and then practice with the board, again, until you feel confident with you new skills.  Severus, Anna will send you the spell needed to finalize the sunglasses. There will be a pair for you, also, Anna said.”

 “Excuse me?” asked Severus. “Finalize?”

“I’ll explain it all, Professor.  But you two have to promise not to get mad when you finally understand how we did the ribbon bit last spring.”  Harry grinned at them both.  “Well, let me re-phrase that; you can get mad, just no paybacks. Okay?”

“Potter, I’m being sent a pair of these sunglasses and a spell, so your request is a moot point.  However, I agree; no paybacks.  All I am really interested in knowing is exactly how you and Longbottom managed to avoid all of us.  Professor Twigg-Jones would reveal nothing at the time, so this should be quite informative.”