{12}Honestly

"I meant every word of it, Jack. Don't forget how many people love you," said Mark

"I won't, ever again," Jack said, trying to convince himself as they got to the elevator doors.

"Lobby!" Jack said loudly as he swung himself into the elevator and pressed the main floor button.

Mark stepped in behind him. "Do we even know if there's a sushi place near here?" asked Amy as she followed Mark in.

"Not really, but that's part of the sushi adventure, right?" Said Jack.

Mark laughed and said, "That didn't work out too well before... we should actually check google before we leave this time."

"That's fair," Jack said with a smirk just as the elevator dinged and the doors started to open.

"Alright let's go," said Amy as she started to walk out the open doors.

Mark and Jack both tried to follow her and step out at the same time. As they moved forward,  the back of their hands brushed against each other. Jack felt it happen his heart skipped a beat, but he tried to ignore that.

Amy looked back at them two and said, "Why ya all blushy Mark?"

"Wha- am not! shush!" Giggled out Mark as he glanced at Jack.

"Hey over here!" they heard Marzia's high pitched voice calling to them when they got to the lobby.

Jack waved at Marzia and Felix as Amy led the way through the lobby full of chairs, tables, and other people.

When they got to them Jack happily said, "Hi guys!" as they all gave a little group hug.

"Great to see you all again!" said Felix, "It's been too long."

Marzia looked around and asked, "Hey... where's Signe?" having no idea of what had happened a few days ago.

Jack realized he didn't tell anyone but Mark, and felt as if she was expecting a reply like "She's in the bathroom" or "Right behind us" but of course he wanted to say the truth, and tried to push out the words, but his tongue wouldn't form the right shape...

Mark saw that Jack was struggling to say anything, so he blurted out, "Jack and Signe broke up."

Relief washed over Jack.

"Ooh no Jack I'm so sorry, I didn't know!" Marzia said with her hands covering her mouth. Felix had a worried expression on his face too.

"Really, it's okay," said Jack while scratching the back of his head.

"...Should we get going for an early lunch?" Marzia changed the subject.

The four others happily agreed and they all started towards the exit.