{20}Wait

"Jack!" Mark said loudly, trying to catch his attention. Jack smiled down at his phone when he heard Mark's voice.

He looked right up at Mark, as Mark said, "Join us!" with a waving motion.

Jack pretended to be shocked and looked around the room like he thought Mark wasn't talking to him.

Mark smiled and rolled his eyes as Jack sarcastically said, "wow did THE Markiplier just asked me to sit with him?" and started to walk over. "Yes, and he wants you to stop that," Mark replied.

Amy watched with a smile that Jack thought kind of looked forced.

Jack pulled out the chair on one side, plopped down and brightly said, "Hi you two!"

"Hey Jack," Amy said casually, "Are you guys ready for the panel later?"

"Oh absolutely, I think it'll be really fun," said Mark, "We totally won't be telling our deepest darkest secrets to a few thousand people," he finished with an annoyed tone.

Jack remembered what they would be doing on the panel and said, "Oh right! Truth or dare.. well, even though we're supposed to sign that paper, it's all for fun, so we probably don't have to answer THAT honestly."

"But like what about the dares?" asked Amy, "Are you gonna do ALL of those?"

"I guess so, it's for the people, and since we're probably gonna chicken out of some of the truths, it's only fair," said Jack.

"True," Mark said quietly as he shifted his gaze down to the table, "I wonder what they'll make us do."

"No idea," Jack said while looking at Mark, "But we should probably be scared," Jack continued.

Mark snickered and said, "Only you should be."

"Well I think you'll just have a good time anyway," said Amy.

Jack took a quick look at the time on his phone, and saw it was 7:32. He sighed and said reluctantly, "I've gotta get going, I'm off to the main theater. You guys enjoy your breakfast."

"..you sure you want to leave already?" Mark asked while looking nervously at Jack.

Jack smiled reassuringly and said, "mmhm, I should get there by 8, Felix wanted me to."

"Oh.. okay, I'll see you there Jack," Mark said with a hint of jealousy as Jack stood up from his chair.

"Bye!" Amy said as Jack waved and backed away. Jack thought he wouldn't feel bad about walking away because he had somewhere to be, but something about leaving Mark behind still didn't feel right.

~Jack took a cab to the convention center~

Jack walked into the first room of the center, and saw just a few people moving around. He went up to the large desk on the side and told the man behind it his name. He gave Jack his pass, and Jack put the lanyard around his neck.

Jack turned and walked to the entrance. His first step into the center was unnoticed, unheard. It was so crowded, with booths and kiosks all across the huge room.

Jack began to walk on the sidelines with his head down, trying to keep unseen. He listened to the scrambled loudness of the convention as he walked, unable to make out a single word of it.

He felt his phone buzz so he checked what it was, his face lit up when he saw that it was text from Mark.

The text read, "You and Felix are meeting up at the main theatre right? Would you wait for me and Amy?"

Jack quickly replied, "Sure man, we'll wait."