{43}I Have You (end)

She didn't look up, she just sat there watching the same video over and over. Jack knew it was the one from the signing, of course it was.

Jack and Mark stood next to each other, Jack still gripping onto Mark's arm.

"Amy?" Mark said quietly.

She waited for a second then slowly glanced up from her phone. She stared at Jack instead of Mark with pain behind her eyes.

She suddenly slammed her phone on the bed, the video still playing, and pushed herself up from the ground. She looked directly at Mark and pointed at his suitcase. "Get your shit. Get out," she said through gritted teeth.

Jack released Mark's arm as he glanced worriedly at Jack. Mark rushed forward and quickly zipped up his bag, making sure everything was inside. Jack stepped back so he was mostly behind the wall and watched him pack.

Amy grabbed up her phone again and hastily clicked off the video, another tear falling from her eye. Mark grabbed the handle of his suitcase and rolled it back to where Jack stood.

He looked at Jack and let go of the suitcase, then slowly turned to Amy.

"Did you hear me? I never want to see you again!" She yelled, "I WASTED SO MUCH TIME ON YOU!"

Mark was clearly struggling to say anything back. "I- I'm sorry..." weakly passed his lips.

"I don't care! Get the hell out!" More tears streamed down her face as she jabbed her hand towards the door.

Jack couldn't do anything but stand back and hold onto Mark's suitcase, still watching. Mark turned back to Jack and grabbed his hand as well as his bag's handle.

"Have fun with your fucking boyfriend," Amy spat as Mark pulled Jack with him out of the still-open door. As Jack followed him out, he could tell Mark was starting to cry even if he could only see the back of his head.

Jack pulled the door shut behind them so that they were alone in the empty hallway.

"Mark..." Jack started to say.

Mark sniffed and turned to face Jack again, a few tears rolling down his cheeks . Jack quickly wrapped his arms around Mark and whispered, "It's okay, I'm here, it'll be okay."

Mark stood there holding onto Jack for a minute. They stood embraced in silence, the only sound being Mark's sniffles.

Eventually Mark started to let go and Jack looked slowly into his eyes. "You aren't a waste," Jack said seriously and added, "Just come in with me," as he gently gripped Mark's arm.

Jack then fished out his his own wallet to get his room key and Mark grabbed onto his suitcase handle again as Jack opened the door to his shadowy dark room.

Jack held the door open with his foot and stood to the side, letting Mark pull in his bag. Mark let go of the handle and glanced at Jack as the door slowly closed and Jack flicked on the lights.

"Can I...?" Mark started to say as he glanced at the bed. Jack giggled, and walked slowly forward so he was right in front of Mark.

Jack suddenly lunged forward to the bed, pulling Mark along with him. Mark started laughing too as they flopped onto the big squishy bed together.

"Fuckin' hell," Mark said through giggles as he and Jack scooted up so they were both completely on the bed. Mark wrapped Jack in his arms, pulling him close as Jack nestled his head on Mark's chest.

"...It isn't your fault you know," Jack said quietly as they cuddled.

"...sure feels like it is, she blames me at least."