Chapter 36- Särakaotus

Disclaimer: Hey guys! Firestorm40 here with a new chapter for you all. liking the reviews I'm getting, glad your all enjoying my story. I personally don't think I'm that good but your reviews say otherwise so thanks. I own nothing but my oc.

Before we begin, thank you... thank you all who favored and followed, thank you, thank you.

Okay, on with the story!

-------------------------------

"What the hell...?" Sora said in shock.

"I don't believe it," Lexi replied with wide eyes.

"A.... dragon?" Wendy murmured. Natsu's jaw would've been on the floor, if not for the goo that covered his mouth. 'So dragons still exist?' he thought.

The dragon was indeed a sight to behold, but Sora, Lexi, Wendy and Natsu all knew that something was not right. It's dark purple scales looked dull, its claws seemed blunt, and its wings were tattered. It looked like a being that once was truly magnificent, but had since fallen to decay.

"Over four hundred years ago, this beast appeared in the skies of Edolas, only to plummet to the ground," Byro explained, "It was weak, and vulnerable. It did not take long for people to realize the power it held within. A power we could claim for ourselves. We created this titanic device to harvest its magical energy. Its sustained this city on its own power for all this time. Using the dragon's power, we were able to create the Dragon Chain Cannon, along with many other great feats. The creature's name, is Särakaotus. Some also knew it as the 'Eclipse Dragon'."

"'Eclipse Dragon'?" Wendy asked. She quickly ran her memory. Grandeeney had told her about other dragons that Wendy would have to watch over. Admittedly, Wendy was quite alone at the time, and wasn't always paying attention, but she did remember some names. Was "Särakaotus", or some kind of "Eclipse Dragon" among them?

"Yes, but 'Subject S', is far easier to say."

"How are you doing this?" Lexi asked, "There's no way any dragon would work with people as horrible as you!"

"Well, its not as if it had much of a choice. It was too weak to fight when we captured it, and hooked it up," Byro answered, "In addition, those tubes which extract its magic are also keeping it in a forced slumber. The creature has been sleeping for centuries."

"You had it here for centuries?" Sora asked, not believing what he heard.

"How could you do this to such a proud creature?" Wendy demanded. Natsu's eyes glared angrily, and if he had been able to speak, he probably would've said the same thing, albeit with more profanity.

"Kegh! Kegh Kegh! Necessity is greater than even the Queen," Byro answered, "This dragon has been the lifeblood of our kingdom."

"Then why do you still need to steal magic? Why do you have to destroy guilds?" Livy spoke.

"Well we can't have others wasting it, the power of Subject S may be vast, if not infinite, but you can never have too much. Besides, they only ever had magic by our good graces. They don't deserve it! Not to mention chasing guilds is quite entertaining!" Wendy looked up towards the dragon.

"Dragon!" she called, "Särakaotus! Please hear me! You have to still be in there somewhere!" However, the dragon remained completely still.

"I guess it still must be sleep," Sora replied.

"Its been in that state for hundreds of years," Byro said, "You think your voice will awaken it after all this time. This creature is but a shell of what it once was. Glorious as it could've been, it isn't anything remotely like it now." Natsu was staring up at the dragon in silence. It had been so long since he'd seen a dragon, and he couldn't take his eyes off of it. 'Could it potentially know where Igneel, Pydron and Grandeeney are?' he thought before he looked over at Livy, 'Maybe Mellow too.'