Chapter 39- The Death of a Kingdom

Disclaimer: Hey guys! Firestorm40 here with a new chapter for you guys. I own nothing, but my oc. The picture above is Särakaotus ( I don't own this picture either)

Also, I'm liking the reviews I'm getting, glad your all enjoying my story. I personally don't think I'm that good but your reviews say otherwise so thanks.

Before we begin, thank you... thank you all who faved and followed, thank you, thank you.

Okay, on with the story!

------------------------------------

With a massive "shink", Pantherlily's sword collided with Gajeel's Iron Dragon Scales, deflecting the blade away.

"Quite impressive," the exceed said, "You Earthlanders are certainly fully of surprises."

"Dragon iron isn't anything like regular iron," Gajeel said, "No blade can pierce me."

"Then I will remedy that!" Pantherlily declared, as he swung his sword again, only for Gajeel to jump out of the way.

"Why are you doing this?" the Dragon Slayer demanded, "You're one of those cats too, aren't you? Why are you with Edolas?"

"Aye!" Happy piped up, "You're an exceed like me! Maybe you'd like to share a fish?" Pantherlily was silent for a time, before bringing his sword down again, only for Gajeel to block it.

"That country is of no concern to me at this point," Pantherlily said, "I forsook those arrogant fools long ago!" Happy was surprised at that. He'd never seen an exceed that anti-Extalia in his time in Edolas. Gajeel also seemed rather surprised, but then began to snicker slightly.

"I've decided," he said, with a rather excited grin on his face. With that, the Buster Arm suddenly broke apart.

"I'm going to make this guy my cat!" Gajeel declared.

"EHHH!" Happy cried out in surprise, "Are you crazy?"

"I won't let myself be outdone by Salamander, Lionheart, or the little girl!" Gajeel declared, "Even in terms of cats!" He then slammed into Pantherlily, knocking the exceed to the ground, before inhaling, and letting loose his Iron Dragon's Roar. The first was so great, it blew a hole clear through the island. At first, Gajeel was confident that he had won, but then through the dust, Pantherlily emerged, and slammed his fist into Gajeel's face, sending the Dragon Slayer careening away.

"You're not bad, I'll give you that," Pantherlily said, dusting his hands of slightly, "But not bad doesn't cut it."

"Well then its a good thing I'm 'pretty damn awesome'!" Gajeel said, as he emerged. With that, the two warriors charged each other again.

-----------------------------------

(in the Royal Palace)

Lucas had carried Levy deep through the halls of the palace, towards what was hopefully through the outside. They had managed to find a secret entrance on one of the walls. Lucas had offered to smash through walls, but since he was carrying Levy, the bluenette had turned him down.

"We need to get to the others as quick as we can," Levy said as they flew through the halls.

"Yeah, we should be there in...." Lucas began to say. But then there was a sudden pause.

"Do you feel that?" Levy asked.

"That rumbling," Lucas murmured. "We need to hurry!"

With that, they flew even faster down the hall.