Camping

Description: Saw you're asking for Draco/Reader prompts so here's one! Reader takes him camping and he's so sure he's going to hate it but he ends up loving it so much cos cuddles around the fire and curling up together in the tent to keep warm :)  - anon from my tumblr

Genre: Fluff

Warnings: ?

"I'm not going to enjoy this..."Draco humphs and I roll my eyes.

"How do you know?"I ask excitedly as we walk towards the apparation point.

"It's camping (y/n), Sleeping on the ground in a bag,"He grunts and I sigh loudly.

"If you don't like it we wont do it again,"I assure him before shoving on my rucksack and clipping the straps together. I slip Draco's hand into mine and give him a reassuring glance before we apparate.

When we reach our camp spot the sun is shining brightly for the middle of October. I undo my rucksack and dump it on the dry grass before skipping lightly towards Draco.

"Look, it's so sunny!"I beam and Draco makes a grunting sound.

"C'mon then, lets the tents up,"I sigh, starting to think the whole trip will be a disaster.

Putting the tent up consists of both ,Draco and I getting completely stressed before falling into a fit of laughter.

"Merlin!"He laughs "How do muggles do it?"

I laugh and shake my head.

"God knows,"I giggle, poking his arm with a tent peg and he just smiles at me.

---

 It's  getting dark by the time the tent goes up and I decided to start the fire. After the tent fiasco I see it fit to use a little magic to start the fire.

"Isn't that cheating?"Draco teases and I blush sheepishly.

"No..."

He laughs at my face and wraps an arm around my waist and pulls me closer into him.

The fire is sparking and the flames sway gently  in cool breeze that tickles the back of my neck.

"Oh!"I stand up quickly and rush to our tent.

"What did you get?"Draco asks when I come out.

"Marshmallows!" I giggle childishly and he looks at me with a confused face.

"What for?"he asks and I gasp.

"To put over the fire!"He frowns again.

"Ugh, I'll show you,"I sigh and I take a skewer and a marshmallow before pulling it over the fire.

It slowly begins to go a golden colour and I take it from the flames.

I wave it around to cool it before I press it gently to Draco's lips.

"Eat it,"I say and hesitantly he eats it and I see his face light up.

"Mother of Merlin, that's good,"

I laugh at his face before I start getting another marshmallow and heating it over the fire.

Once the packet of marshmallows is finished I curl up with my head on his shoulder, taking in the smell of smoky cloth.

"Did you just smell me?"Draco teases and I smile.

"You smell like smoke,"

"We are next to a fire you spoon,"He laugh and I cross my arms and huff.

"I just though you should know that you stink,"I say and he laughs before pulling me onto his lap so our faces are just centimeters away from each others and placing a soft kiss on my nose.

"I am enjoying myself , (Y/N). Thank you for bringing me,"He smiles and kisses my cheek.

"You are welcome, thanks for coming with me,"I say and he smiles.

I put my hand on the back of his neck and pull him into a hug. Nothing exists except from our embrace and the crackling of the fire in the back ground. Nothing can disturb our moment.

"I love you,"I whisper .

"I love you too,"

---

That night in the tent I realise just how cold it is without the fire and Draco with his hands around me. I shiver.

"Draco?"I whisper and he turns round in his own sleeping back so he's facing me.

"Yes?"

"Can I share your sleeping bag?"I ask hopefully. A silence before he answers with a mumbled 'okay'.

I craw over towards him before struggling into his sleeping bag. It's not exactly spacey  and I'm pressed up against his chest. I feel his warm breath on the back of my neck and I sigh sweetly before I feel his arms wrap around my waist and pull me closer than its should be possible.

i smile and close my eyes, drifting into a gentle sleep in the arms of the man I love .