Imperfections

Description:Can you please write one about Draco secretly being in love with a girl who doesn't believe in herself? I know it's such a cliché, but you know 😊😀 those are the best ones!theechelonchick

(I'm taking "genre" out because I always just end up putting a question mark, you can all just decide from the description)

Warnings: Lack of confidence? I don't even know? I give in.

Draco's POV

I can't help but stare as she reads her book. Her lips are forming the shape of every word she reads but not a sound comes out. She slips a stray strand of hair behind her ear as she gently flips the page in her potions text book. She scribbles a few things down on her parchment and then she slowly turns round to face me and her eyes meet mine. I jump slightly and feel my cheeks heat up before I snap my head back to my book but not before I see her cheeks turn pink.

(Y/N) (Y/L/N) is possibly the prettiest girl in the year but for some reason she's always in the back ground. I don't think many people realise her existence. However I noticed her on the first day in first year. She had looked so scared with the hat on her head . It didn't help that everyone was talking  over the teacher and the hat at the time. No one really payed attention when she slipped into the slytherin table.

I turn my attention to (Y/N) again as she is shifting her glasses up her nose when a large book is slammed on my desk making me jump.

"Mr Malfoy, although you are a top student in this class I it doesn't mean you can spend a whole period staring at Miss (Y/L/N). Get back to work!" Professor Snape says, towering over me, glaring down before picking up his overly large book and walking away again. Leaving me with scorching red cheeks and severe embarrassment.

At the end of the lesson (Y/N) dashes out the class room before I can explain anything.

  ----

At lunch I make the decision to meet (Y/N) later and explain what happened in potions. I find a scrap bit parchment in my pocket and grab Blaise's quill that he had been using to write a letter before he'd gotten distracted by Grabbe, who had successfully managed to fit three mini pork pies in his obnoxiously large mouth.

I write a quick note to ask her to meet me in the owlery after lunch. I plan to explain that I was merely fascinated by her quill  or some other nonsense excuse for falling for her.

I send the parchment flying across the table in the form of a small paper crane which gracefully landed in front of her and made (Y/N) look around as if checking to see if it was for someone else before unfolding it carefully and reading it. Once her eyes skimmed the paper she looked up and her eyes met mine, a blush rises to her cheeks and she nods, her eyes instantly ripping away from mine and looking down at the table.

----

Lunch flies by quicker than I thought it would and in no time I had to rush towards  the owlery to meet (Y/N). By the time I get there (Y/N) is already stood by a window, gently stroking the feathers of a large black owl.

"Sorry I'm late," I say and she turns to face me.

"No, No it's all right,"She says softly, her lips forming into a kind looking smile.

"Um I just wanted to explain what happened in potions class,"I begin

"Okay."

"Um the thing is that... I really... like you..."I start

Wait what ,I wasn't going to say that!

"And well, I have for some time,"I continue

What am I doing!?

"You're very pretty and kind..."

I need to stop talking!!

"and yeah that's why I was staring,"

What in Merlin's name did I just do.

My mind took over and I'd said everything I'd been thinking for the last two years.

It takes a few seconds before (Y/N) says anything but when she does it comes out a whisper.

"Why me? I have nothing that's any better than every other girl,"

The question takes me by surprise.

She really doesn't notice?

"Are you kidding me, I'd say you are the most beautiful girl in our year plus the kindest and one of the smartest,"I blurt out and then I cover my mouth in surprise "I'm not usually this soppy by the way,"I add.

"Draco, I like you but I have a hard time believing the Slytherin Prince would like me .  I'm ordinary, nothing special, so if you are here to toy with my feelings, just go,"She whispers, turning her back to me and walking away.

I quickly grab her wrist and pull her back, turning her around to face me again. I then realise how close we are, I can feel her warm breath on my face. Her eyes are so wide and her cheeks have a rosy pink tinge.

I can't help it, her soft pink lips are just there, just inches away from mine. I lean in until our lips meet. It takes a second before (Y/N) realises what I've done and she begins to kiss back. Her lips are as soft as white clouds in a blue sky. I pull away slowly but our faces still inches away.

"I've wanted to do that for a long time," I whisper, My hand drifting to her long hair and twirling a strand around my finger. Making her blush burn even redder.

"I don't understand why you would pick me, I have no extraordinary traits, even when you say otherwise you are bluffing."She says quietly.

"Do I seem like the kind of person that would kiss you to play with your heart for my amusement? Not even Slytherins are so mean,"

"If your not trying to hurt me then you must be blind or..."

"Stop. No one is perfect, we just learn to accept it or find beauty in each others imperfections, your imperfection is just that you don't see your own good nature and beauty, and if you can't love these things about yourself then I'll do it for you."I say and she looks at me for a second like she might cry but then she rubs her eyes and giggles.

"You are such a romantic, never thought I'd hear a statement like that from you,"She says and I look at my feet, embarrassment washing over me. I suddenly feel her fingers under my chin, pushing my face up slowly to look at me .

"Thank you,"She whispers "We'll just have to love each others imperfections,"