Family Acceptance

Description:Hiii can I get a Draco imagine please where I meet his parents and we get on really well and they are like family to me because I have no other family. I'm a half-blood gryffindor but that doesn't matter to them. Thanks love your writing!! ❤️ - anonymous (tumblr)

Genre:?

Warnings:? mention of parents death?

(Authors note: excuse the writing, I'm really  not up to writing this weekend because lots has happened, but anyway,  so sorry, I've not updated in sooo long, probably will happen again but I'll try my best )

Draco takes my shaky hand in his as we take the steps to his family manor. As he places a hand onto the old door handle I freeze on the steps.

"Draco, wait." I whisper and he turns to face me, both hands on mine now.

"What is it (y/n)?"He says softly.

"It's just, what if the hate me, do they now I'm Gryffindor and  half blood?"I ramble, panic bubbling in my stomach.

"Yes they know, but none of that matters because they also know I'm hopelessly in love with you,"He smiles and I feel my lips twitch into a slight grin.

"So cheesy," I mumble.

"I know, that's why you love me,"He smirks and I roll my eyes but tiptoe up and kiss his cheek, making his pale cheeks glow a pink colour.

Suddenly the door opens and we come face to face with his parents.

"Ah, I thought I heard someone outside, oh Draco, you're blushing,"Mrs Malfoy says, smirking as her son tries to wipe the pink from his cheeks.

"Leave the boy alone, Narcissa, he's embarrassed,"Mr Malfoy says and His wife pouts before sighing.

"Fine,"

"Do come in,"Mr Malfoy says, and Draco and I walk in into the huge mansion.

We walk into a average sized room with two long sofas and a crackling fire.

"Welcome to our home, you are welcome when ever,"Mr Malfoy says, smiling at me.

"I am Narcissa," Mrs Malfoy introduces, holding her hand out for me to shake, I take it gratefully.

"I am Lucius,"Mr Malfoy does the same.

"Nice to meet you, I'm (Y/n) (l/n),"I say quietly but they only smile.

"Draco has talked so fondly of you," Mrs Malfoy says, smirking at Draco's flustered face.

Before Mr Malfoy can say anything, a small house elf appears.

"Dinner is ready, Master Malfoy's,"It squeaks and Mrs Malfoy nods before it quickly scurries out the room.

"Now then, shall we?"Mrs Malfoy says, holding the door open for us. Draco smiles and slips his hands into mine, leading me through the corridors and into the huge dining room.

I take a seat across from him and his parents sit and each end of the table as  the gravy boat floats into the room.

"I told that house elf that everything is to be on the table before he calls us through,"Mr Malfoy sighs but begins to load his plate with a variety of food anyway.

"So, (y/n), Draco tells us you a Gryffindor?"Mrs Malfoy asks and I gulp, the question I'd been dreading.

"Yes,"I try to say confidently.

"I see, you seem so different from other Gryffindors,"

"So, how are your parents? I believe your father is a muggle."Mr Malfoy asks

Draco stares from across the table, he can obviously feel the nervousness that must be shown from expression. Panic fills my thoughts as I clear my throat to speak.

"That's true, however, my parents recently died, I'm staying in a foster home in Derby, I've no other family right now,"I say, looking down at my dinner, afraid to look up and see judging eyes.

The room goes silent.

---

After the very long and slightly awkward dinner, I decide it's best to leave.

The Malfoys take me to the door and I turn to thank them for their hospitality.

"Thank yo-" I start but I'm instantly cut off when Mrs Malfoy flings her arms around me, pulling me into a strange feeling hug.

"Please, we can be you're family," She whispers

I feel my eyes fill with tears at the surprise gesture.

We just stand there for a second, tears tumbling off my face with Mrs Malfoy rubbing circles into my back as I cry until I pull away, laughing as I wipe my tears away.

"I'm sorry,"I laugh "and thank you, so much,"I smiles and she just smiles, as does Mr Malfoy.

"You are welcome any time,"Mr Malfoy reminds me

"Thank you,"I say a last time before Draco has his hands in mine and is leading me down the long drive way.

"Your parents are lovely,"I smile as we walk and he laughs.

"Good to see we didn't scare you off,"

"The only scary thing that happened was your expression when your father mentioned my family, I panicked because you looked petrified,"I tease but he stops in his tracks.

"I was really worried about whether you would be upset about the mention of your parents,"He says and looks me straight in the eye.

"I was fine, your parents were lovely about it,"I smile.

"Well then, you're happy to come in a fortnights time?"

"More than happy," I smile and he laughs before pulling me into a kiss.

"I love you," He whispers.

"I love you too,"