Midnight Picnics

So could you do a fic where we have secret midnight meetups at hogwarts astronomy tower?? Maybe where he confesses his love?? ❤️🙏🏽Thank you !! Xxx-anonymous

Warnings-

(Author's Note- I don't know about this one so tell me what you think x)

I climb the last few steps to the astronomy tower, teeth chattering. I hadn't brought a coat. Shivering, I take the folded note out of my shirt pocket.

"To (Y/N)

Let's meet at the astronomy tower at midnight.

Draco"

I read it again, making no more sense of it than the first time. What would the Slytherin Prince want with me? As far as I am aware he's a popular, extremely attractive, pretentious snob.

I hear foot steps stumbling up the stairs behind me and I turn to see the blonde haired prince panting heavily.

"Sorry I'm late,"He pants, doubled over with his hands on his knees, his hair messy and ruffled "I ran from the other side of the school, trying to avoid that stupid cat,"

I find my self giggling at the whole thing.

"It's fine," I say through a small chuckle as he stands up straight, dusting himself off and brushing a hand through his thick blonde hair.

"Nice to meet you,"He says finally, holding out his hand for me to shake, which I do instantly.

"You too," I smile sweetly.

"Sorry for the random note earlier, I just thought we could be friends, you seem nice and you're in my classes... I sorta acted on impulse because you're really pretty and I wanted to get to  get to know you,"He explains making a blush creep up my neck and tingling my cheeks.

"Thanks,"I mumble when another breeze sweeps past and my body reacts on its own as I start to shiver again .

"Are you cold?"His voice is overflowing with concern making me question the rumors I've so often been told about the "Slytherin Prince".

"Um just a bit, my fault though, I forgot my coat,"I admit timidly.

"Oh here," He says, pulling his jumper off and holding it out to me.

I stare at the jumper for a second then my eyes drift to the owner again.

"I couldn't possibly..."I say holding my hands up in protest.

"I insist. I dragged you up here after all,"He says, gently pulling the jumper over my head, giving me no choice but to slide my arms into the sleeves, the event causing the tingling sensation return to my cheeks again.

"Thank you,"I mumble.

"No it's fine really,"He says, smiling sweetly at me.

"Wait aren't you playing quidditch tomorrow?"I ask, suddenly remembering the Slytherin vs Gryffindor match.

"Yeah,"He smirks

"Shouldn't you get some rest?"I ask, instantly imagining the dreadful image of him falling off his broom due to a lack of energy.

"Don't worry, I'll be fine, I don't really need much sleep,"He smirks, winking at me suggestively. I groan.

"Aww come on that was a good one!"He argues and I roll my eyes.

"Just come on, let's get to bed, I don't want to be the reason the star player falls off his broom,"I say, guiding him by the arm to the staircase and walking him down until we arrived back in the school corridors.

"Lumos," I whisper, creating a bright light from the tip of my wand which I shield with Draco's jumper to avoid waking the portraits that hung on the walls around us.

I turn to face him, the suppressed light from the wand beneath the jumper making his features now barley visible.

"If I win, can we meet again tomorrow night?"He whispers.

"Let's hope you catch that snitch then,"I tease and I can just make out a smirk on his face in the dim light from my wand.

"Come watch?"

"Of course," I assure him.

"I'll see you then,(Y/L),"He says, beginning to turn away from me.

"Good luck, Draco,"I say, watching his back as he walks back through the empty corridors toward the dungeons. I can't help but smile to my self.

---

The next day Draco easily catches the snitch with his new found motivation and I once again find myself at the top of the astronomy tower at midnight, although this time with the addition of my own coat and a less flustered Draco, already standing at the top when I arrive.

He greets me with a with a wide grin, holding a tattered picnic blanket and a what appears to be a bag of sweets.

"(Y/N)! Care to join me for a celebratory feast?"He says happily and I laugh, nodding my head.

He spreads out the blanket on the floor before clumsily plopping himself down on it and gesturing me to sit with him.

"Well done Draco," I say as I take my seat. He's unloading the contents of the bag he brought with him and I find my earlier assumptions to be true as he produces two chocolate frogs from his seemingly endless paper bag.

"Thank you, I'm rather proud of myself if I do say so myself,"He smirks, handing me a chocolate frog that I take gratefully.

"So what's with the sweets?"

"I didn't have enough time to make a three course meal so I brought sweets instead, seems a bit childish now..."

"It's cute,"I smile sweetly and I can swear for a second that I saw his cheeks heat up.

We talk for hours before we say good bye to each other, not before making another plan to meet again though. 

---

For four  months now, Draco and I have been having midnight picnics at the astronomy tower almost every week. Talking for hours about school, family, friends and sometimes random things like "Who would win in a fight, Unicorns vs Mermaids" or " Would you rather kiss Aragog or Snape?". We get on really well with each other, he's a totally different person at the the astronomy tower.

Tonight is no different. We are sitting on the tattered old blanket again, stuffing ourselves with sweets like children.

"Umbridge is making me go insane!" I grumble.

"I think you are past that point,"Draco jokes and I push him playfully.

"Shut up , you know you love me,"I tease and he goes silent for a second before replying.

"You're right, (Y/L), I love you," He says, his voice suddenly serious.

I stare at him with wide eyes. My cheeks burning.

"I-I..."The words get caught at the back of my throat, not sure whether they can leave my lips yet because my mind is still unsure as to whether Draco is telling the truth.

"I'm being serious, I love you," He repeats, inching ever so slightly closer until our faces are just inches away from each others.

Then the words that I have been to afraid to say are set free.

"I love you too, Draco," I whisper, leaning in till our lips are touching and we are suddenly kissing. Not strong and lustful kiss, but rather a gentle kiss that is overflowing with emotion.

We kiss for what feels like hours, under the stars which make the sky look full of glitter.