Blushing

Hi, can I get an imagine where Draco asks me -an awkward and shy hufflepuff girl- on a date and I start rambling about why my answer would obviously be yes... Thanks :)- anonymous

Warnings- 

(Author's note- I was wondering how old you all think I am based on my writing, I wont be offended, I'm just curious)

The great hall is packed with shivering pupils this afternoon. All with the same red cheeks and windswept hair as the come doddering in like penguins. I can't help but sink further into my jacket each time another frozen student walks through the door, the look of them alone makes me shiver. That is until the boy with snow white skin and platinum hair walks in, making my cheeks burn and my body heat up when his grey eyes meet mine.

My crush on Draco Malfoy is not new, in fact it's quite the opposite, I've liked him since first year, despite his repulsive impertinence and superior attitude I can tell that underneath the shield of rumors, he's just a pleasant person.

Draco takes a seat at the slytherin table with his friends, all laughing with childish grins. Clumps of snow clinging to their coats, an obvious snowball fight has taken place. Then without warning, Draco turns his view to me, our eyes meeting again, I feel my cheeks burn again and I can also see a trace of a blush on his pale features.

"I see (Y/N) has once again found the loving gaze of Malfoy,"My friend teases, poking my red cheeks. I push her playfully away at her comment.

This happens quite often at lunch and dinner, Draco and I share a couple of glances and my friends freak out. Making people give us crazy looks. I'm blushing to myself when Draco stands up and walks towards us. I share a confused look with my friends who burst into a fit of giggles.

I try not to watch Draco when he walks towards us because at this point I'm weird enough in his eyes. I let my eyes drop to the table in embarrassment as my friends laugh loudly next to me.

Then they stop laughing suddenly and I turn to see Draco standing behind me.

"Can I talk to you for a second?" He asks, nodding his head towards the door. I nod, standing up and following him till we are outside the great hall.

"Um..."I try to find something to say but my mind has gone blank.

"I was wondering if you would like yo go on a date with me?"He says, his voice clear, no waver in his words.

My mind takes a second to register what he has said, but when it does I feel like I'm melting inside.

"I-I..."I stutter, my mind racing "Y-yes, would I to love ,"The words tumble out in an... interesting... order .

Draco stares at me with confused eyes.

"Yes, I w-would love t-to, "I try again, successfully in the right structure.

"Really? I did not expect that answer,"He laughs nervously.

"I did not expect that question,"I think out loud, making my cheeks burn brighter than they already were.I laugh at my silly mistake.

"What about on Saturday? The trip to Hogsmeade?"He asks

"What about it?"I ask before realising, "Oh sorry, I'm just really nervous right now. Um, I'd like that, a lot. I mean obviously I'd like to go on a date with you because... you are like... I really need to shut up"

Wow, smooth recovery

"Don't worry, I'm nervous too,"He smiles making me feel a little less awkward.

"That's a relief," I smile

"Well, I should get back, I'll see you Saturday?"

"I'll see you Saturday."I say, a grin plastered to my face, waving as he walks away.

I am about to go back in when it hits me that I am actually going on a date with Draco Malfoy and then the all too familiar warm sensation returns to my cheeks.