Chapter Two || Captivity

Rosalie was pulled inside the house and she couldn't help but feel like she was being pulled to her death.

Kai tied the rope around her hands to a leg on a huge kitchen table. Rosalie sat in the chair in defeat.

Kai left and a few minutes later he came back with a girl with dark hair and dark skin.

She looked at Rosalie. "Who are you?"

"Who are you?" Rosalie retorted.

"Rosalie, Bonnie. Bonnie, Rosalie."

"Why do you even care about me anymore?" Bonnie asked Kai.

"I wanted you to meet Rosalie." Kai gestured to Rosalie.

Bonnie looked at Rosalie. Both girls noticed that Bonnie was untied and Rosalie was not.

"And, by my count. It is Thanksgiving. I want to make you Thanksgiving dinner." Kai continued, grinning.

"Then you'll let me go?" Bonnie demanded. "We can go our separate ways and never have to see each other again?"

Kai looked at Rosalie and winked before sighing. "Yes...I'll even give you my car." Kai said, his smile returning.

"Fine." Bonnie said, leaning back in her chair, folding her arms.

Kai smiled and turned to the kitchen, starting to cook.

Bonnie turned to Rosalie. "How are you here?"

"I've been here as long as Kai." Rosalie said.

"Why?"

"Because our coven decided she was just as dangerous as me." Kai interjected.

"Because I didn't stop him from killing his family." Rosalie glared at Kai.

Kai smiled at the two of them and Rosalie lost the will to glare at him. "Jo even asked her for help and she told her no."

Rosalie looked down at her hands. She wished everyday she could go back and tell Jo sorry. Bonnie was staring at the both of them in disbelief. Rosalie kept her head down.

Rosalie's eyes opened and she gasped, her breath catching in her throat. She sat up and scrambled, trying to see under her shirt.

There was no mark, nothing. She moved her fingers over the smooth skin. Her head jerked up as the door opened.

Kai entered and sat down, handing her a glass of water.

Rosalie took it and drank it gratefully. She set it down and looked at Kai.

"You killed me." She said, her voice choking up with emotion.

"You're alive." Kai said.

Rosalie was staring at Kai with wide eyes. Maybe realizing for the first time that he didn't care about her. Maybe he never did. He had killed her.

Rosalie nodded and leaned back in her pillows, closing her eyes. She waited until Kai left and then she crept out of the bed. Rosalie ran to the window and opened it, looking down at the ground. She was on the second floor but she knew she couldn't stay here, no matter what.

She put her legs over the window sill and pushed herself out. She landed on her feet and fell forward. She didn't think she hurt anything but her ankle did hurt a little bit.

Rosalie took off running, her feelings catching up with her as she did. A sob tore out of her throat as she ran. She didn't know where she was going but she knew she had to get away from Kai.

She sobbed even harder as she tripped and face planted it into the dirt and leaves. Rosalie tried to stop crying but it came harder. She screamed as someone pulled her up.

It was Kai.

She ripped away from him, her ankle now throbbing, and she was still crying.

"Rosalie, what are you doing?"

"You killed me." Rosalie sobbed. "You stabbed me."

Kai stepped towards her and she stumbled back, shaking her head.

"You don't love me."

Kai looked at her curiously. "Maybe not. I'm a psychopath. I do have an attachment to you, I know that."

Rosalie felt so stupid and she started sobbing again.

Kai sighed. "Let's go home Rosalie." He came over to her and gently grabbed her arms.

"No." Rosalie sobbed. "I don't want to go back with you. I want to go away from you."

Kai pulled away looking surprised. "Really?"

Rosalie nodded, even though every part of her body screamed for her to touch him again. Even though her heart ached at the thought somehow her brain won.

Kai shrugged. He came over and kissed her forehead, slipping something in her hand before walking away.

Rosalie looked down too see his pager in her hand. Rosalie slumped down to the ground, still crying.

Rosalie was pulled out of her thoughts by Kai putting down a plate of Spaghetti.

He sat at the head of the table and smiled pleasantly at both of the girls before he started eating.

Bonnie picked at her food and Rosalie couldn't even reach her fork to try to eat.

They ate in relative silence, hate rolling off Bonnie in waves. Kai looked like he was enjoying his meal.

He looked up and noticed Rosalie's absence of eating. "Oops. Sorry." He said. He grabbed his knife and motioned for her to give him her hands.

She raised them towards him. He took a few minutes and sawed them off. He smiled at her. "There you go."

He leaned back in his seat and continued his eating. Rosalie realized she hadn't eaten breakfast and she knew it took 24 hours of her to come back to life.

She started eating, almost as slow as Kai. She knew he was stalling. Bonnie was important for some reason.

All three of them ate in silence for almost an hour. Bonnie had finally stopped eating and Kai was still working on the same peice of chicken he was 20 minutes ago.

"This is ridiculous." Bonnie said. "You've been eating the same piece of chicken for 20 minutes."

Kai sighed, setting down his fork.

"Give me the keys." Bonnie said.

"Can you blame me for stalling? I mean I just want to have this last dinner before you leave forever."

Bonnie raised an eyebrow, doubtful.

Kai leaned forward. "But," Kai paused. "Don't you want to hear the rest of my story?"

Bonnie leaned back and eyed him, but she was obviously curious, then she crossed her arms and Kai smirked in triumph.