Chapter Eleven || Apologies

Rosalie was pulled out of her thoughts by Damon grabbing her arm. "Elena just called. She's at the school. Since you know Kai best, you're coming with me."

"What are we doing?"

"Liv is going to cloak me. And we are going to sneak into the school, and we are going to save Elena. And you are going to distract him if we need too."

Rosalie sighed, following Damon while Liv climbed in the passenger seat. Rosalie climbed in the back and watched as they zoomed by Mystic Falls. They got to the school and Damon pulled around back.

"Almost a day without saving you or your friends." Liv scoffed as she got out of the car.

"Cry me a river." Damon said as they got out.

Rosalie followed and looked over the school as Liv and Damon talked about. She only returned when she heard Damon yelling. She turned to look, but Liv was gone. "Where did she go?" Rosalie asked.

Damon didn't answer, just glared at her as he got on the phone. He argued with the person for a few minutes before hanging up. "Jo is on her way. She's going to cloak us. We're going to go in a rescue Elena. Maybe even kill Kai, have a problem with that?"

Rosalie didn't answer.

"I find it funny that you think you don't know Kai. Jo told us about you. You dated Kai for two years and you were a total pushover. You always did what Kai asked, even to the point of helping him kill his family. You spent 20 years locked up with him yet you still have feelings for him."

"It isn't funny." Rosalie said, glaring at him. "Its stupid and ridiculous and-"

"You were just like Elena."

Rosalie looked at him curiously.

"You wanted a love that consumed you. You wanted passion. You wanted adventure and even danger. And even though I don't believe it was even a bit true, you believe it. That's what made you stay when you knew you shouldn't."

"What are you, a shrink?"

"No. I just find it interesting that even now you still love him."

"I bet you do." Rosalie muttered.

Damon just grinned at her.

"What is your problem?" Rosalie asked. "Why does everybody find my life so interesting?"

"Everyone? I think that's a bit extensive, not everyone."

Rosalie rolled her eyes and turned away, surveying the school again. "What's the plan. What if Kai catches us."

"Then we'll kill him." Damon said, answering his phone again.

Rosalie looked at Damon before she ran up the steps and entered the high school. She slowed once she got inside, but she also realized she had no idea where she was going. She was quite aware that Elena was somewhere in this school probably being tortured by Kai, but she had no idea where anything was. She went into a classroom and looked around. The counter and some of the wall was singed. She didn't know what started it or how but it looked like a huge blast.

She went through the other door in the room and started going through all the classrooms, hoping to find a clue to where Elena was. She heard talking and looked out the door. Jo stumbled to the ground right outside the classroom she was in.

Rosalie quickly rushed out of the classroom and helped Jo stand. "What's going on?" She asked her, realizing Jo's nose was bleeding. "Where is Kai? Elena?"

"Damon." Jo said tiredly. "I couldn't cloak all of us."

"Kai is fighting Damon?" Rosalie asked, looking back at where Jo had come from.

"Don't even think about it." Jo said, clutching onto Rosalie.

"I'm not leaving you." Rosalie said firmly. "Not again."

She turned back again, trying to get to the exit. Jo nodded. "I wasn't strong enough to cloak three people. What if I can't beat Kai."

"You can. And you will." Rosalie said. "I believe you can."

"Thanks." Jo said.

They both went silent as Rosalie concentrated on helping Jo stay upright.

"Look what we have here." Roslaie turned around as she was thrown into the lockers. She groaned as her back hit the metal and she fell to the ground. Kai pulled Jo up and started walking with her.

Rosalie groaned, standing up and watching them walk away. She raised herself onto her arms as an arrow shot through the air and hit Kai in the shoulder. He grunted, falling to his knees before Alaric appeared behind him, sticking a syringe in his neck.

Rosalie watched him fall to the ground before there was someone next to her helping her up. She didn't recognize them but she gave him a thankful smile. Rosalie watched Jo and Alaric and smiled, she hoped they ended up happy. Jo deserved to be happy.

Rosalie turned and headed back to where she saw Jo come from. Elena and Damon were sitting by the lockers smiling at one another. Alaric and Jo came up behind her. "You okay?" Alaric asked Elena.

She smiled. "Yeah. I am."