Chapter Twenty-Seven || Road Trip

Rosalie exited the car and walked to where her old house stood. It was gone. In its place stood a large fancy house. Rosalie stood at the end of the driveway staring up at the house.

"Can I help you?"

Rosalie turned around.

"Katy Stewart?" She gaped.

Cathy Stewart had been one of the most popular girls in school, head cheerleader and everything. She had also been one of Rosalie's bullies, the worst one in fact. She had made Rosalie cry on multiple occasions.

"Rosalie Martin? What fountain of youth are you using!? Last I heard you were kidnapped."

"I'm back."

"And you look exactly the same." Katy said in disbelief.

"It's a long story. Is this your house?"

"Course." Katy smirked. "I told you me and Kaleb would get married and we'd build a house right on top of your crappy little house."

And she was still the same bully she was in high school.

"I guess you did." Rosalie said.

"Why don't you stay for dinner."

Rosalie didn't know what came over her, she had never talked back to Katy before. "No thanks. I'd rather spend my time with someone who isn't a high school wannabe. You were a bully then and you're a bully now." Rosalie said before walking back to her car.

Katy gaped at her as she drove off. Rosalie felt strangely giddy as she realized she had stood up to her bully from high school. Rosalie was all smiles as she got to the dock. Her smile faded a bit as she remember why she was here.

She approached a person with a small boat and offered to pay them to use their boat for a few days. They were hesitant at first but ended up holding her car as collateral. She moved her stuff into the boat and she was off.

It would have about half the day at half speed. She loved sailing and when she was far enough away, she stopped and just floated before she changed into her swimsuit. She slipped on a cover up and put her hair in a pony tail before she took off again.

It was cold but it Rosalie loved it. She felt lighter then she had for the past few weeks. She pushed everything else to the back of her mind and just thought about the wind on her face, the salt water smell in the air, driving the boat. Rosalie hadn't felt this free since she escaped the prison world.

Sailing did something to her that nothing else, not even Kai, could do. Seeing all the ocean ahead of her made her think she could just keep driving on and on. There was no end in sight and Rosalie loved it. She never got tired driving the boat, which was good. She wished her sisters were there to see it with her but she knew that they were with her in spirit. And she would find Lorelei, she would search for her and she wouldn't stop.

Rosalie moved her hand to her stomach. But she would have to care for her child. As much as Rosalie wanted to she would have to wait until Cassie was older to look for her sister. Cassie needed a stable life and a mother who was there. She needed the opposite of what Rosalie had.

Rosalie saw the island and she got as close as she could without ruining the boat. She then swam to the island. It was smaller then she remembered but that made sense. Rosalie sat in the middle of the island and looked out at the ocean. It looked like it was sparkling as the light bounced off it.

Rosalie smiled and closed her eyes, just letting the peace wash over her. She felt calm and her thoughts were clear. She was at peace, at least for the time being. On this island all the pain she went through didn't exist. It was just Rosalie, the island, and the water.

She moved down and put her toes in the water, picking up some shells and making a pile. She didn't care if it was childish or anything. She was happy, and right then that was all that matter to her.