Chapter Twenty-One || Together

Rosalie woke up in their bed, Kai was still sleeping. She rolled over and shook him awake. "Kai, don't you have to leave."

"No." Kai groaned, still half asleep.

"What about the coven?"

"Who cares?"

Rosalie turned to get out of the bed but Kai pulled her back. "No, stay with me."

Rosalie found herself in Kai's arms. She closed her eyes and sighed deeply. This is what she wanted to happen everyday.

"Why do you always leave so early? The coven is in Oregon. What are you doing here that is so important?" Rosalie asked.

"Nothing much." Kai said, lightly kissing her neck. "Why are we talking about my work?"

Rosalie shrugged, accidently squishing Kai's face.

"Ow." He complained.

Rosalie turned to him. "Sorry." She told him.

He opened his eyes and looked at her. "I was trying to be romantic and you total squished my face."

"I didn't mean to!" Rosalie defended.

"But you still did." Kai said, his propping himself up. "I think that I need to give some payback."

Rosalie's eye widened as Kai started tickling her. Rosalie couldn't help the laugher that started. "Kai!" She screeched, trying to get away. "Stop! It isn't funny."

"You're laughter says different." Kai commented, laughing himself.

Rosalie tried to shove him but he straddled her and held her down, continuing to tickled her. She tried to shove him off but it didn't help. Finally he stopped after she started crying from laughing so much. She laid on the bed, breathing heavily.

Kai leaned down and pressed his lips against her, which did nothing to help the fact that she was already out of breath. Rosalie wrapped her arms around him and pulled him closer. Kai pulled away and played with her hair. "I love hearing you laugh." He told her, not making eye contact.

"I love you." Rosalie told him, moving his face so he was looking straight at her. "I love you." She told him again, more forcefully.

Kai smiled. "I love you too." He said, kissing her again.

Rosalie smiled and shoved him off, "We can't stay in bed all day. Lets do something."

"Like what?" Kai asked. "I think that we could definitely stay in bed all day."

Rosalie rolled her eyes. "Oh really?"

Kai grinned and grabbed her wrists, pulling her back onto the bed. He kissed her as he did so and she felt him pulled her down. She pulled away from the kiss and jumped off the bed, shaking her head. "I don't think so." She giggled, running out of the room. She hid in the closer in the nursery, making herself as small as she could.

She could hear Kai walking around the house. "Come on Rosalie!" He laughed. "We aren't five. We aren't playing hide and seek. Where are you?" After no answer he continued. "You know I could just do a tracking spell on you."

Rosalie rolled her eyes. Of course he would say that. Rosalie jumped as the closet doors opened. "Hey." She greeted Kai.

He rolled his eyes and held out his hand, helping her up. "Can't we play grown up games."

Rosalie grinned. "Don't bet on it." She told him, heading down to the kitchen. Kai followed her and sat at the table as she started making some food. Once they sat down Rosalie waited to see if Kai liked the food.

"This is good." Kai told her, looking surprised.

Rosalie grinned. "Good. I've been practicing."

"It's paid off." Kai said. "I have to say though, I get to make dinner. Because I spent twenty years training in some of the best kitchens in the country. I got really good."

"Well, I learned how to sail a boat." Rosalie said.

"I suppose that could be considered impressive." Kai told her.

Rosalie scoffed. "It is impressive. I might have wrecked a few boats, killed myself a few times, and gotten lost but I figured it out. Cooking isn't hard."

"I do not agree with that statement, at all." Kai said, offeneded.

Rosalie shrugged.

"I've been wanting to do something. I saw it in a movie that I watched when I first got out."

"Okay." Rosalie said slowly as he pulled her out of her seat. He muttered a spell and some music started playing. Rosalie laughed as Kai started dancing around the kitchen, pulling her with him. After a minute Rosalie joined him and they just danced around the kitchen. Rosalie lost herself in the music, not caring about Kai's bad sad or anything like that.