Chapter Nine || Discovery

The next day Rosalie decided she wanted to find Jo and tell her sorry. There was a problem with that since Rosalie had no idea where Jo had ended up. Rosalie knew Jo had been interested in medical school when they knew each other so she started there.

She looked in the hospitals in Portland. There was one who worked there a few years ago but she had moved to a different hospital. Rosalie continued to search for her before she decided to check hospitals around her area. Rosalie was surprised when she found Jo's name under the hospital near Whitmore College. Rosalie looked at the picture of Jo, she only looked older. She still looked like the Jo that Rosalie had been friends with.

"What are you doing?" Lorelei asked, entering the room.

Rosalie closed the computer. "I was looking up someone I used to know." She said with a smile. "How's school?"

"Boring. As always." Lorelei sat down at the table. "I don't have any elective classes this trimester and it's killing me."

"Well, you're on Christmas Break for another week so you have to have fun with that. It's a long break." Rosalie commented.

"Two weeks is not that long." Lorelei complained. "I need at least a month off."

Rosalie laughed. "I don't think that will happen till the summer."

Lorelei stood up and opened the fridge. "I don't know what I should do." She said, pulling out a lemonade. "I need something to do!"

"Go out with your friends." Rosalie supplied.

"I did that last night." Lorelei rolled her eyes. "And there is a party I'm going to tomorrow. I need something to do here."

"We can have a movie night." Rosalie suggested. "I've missed a lot of movies."

Lorelei's mouth fell open. "You're right! You have missed so much! We are having a movie night."

"I just have to do something, then I'll be back."

Lorelei nodded and hugged Rosalie before Rosalie borrowed Zeniff's car and headed to the hospital. Rosalie got to the hospital but just sat in the car. She didn't know what she should say. Rosalie had let Kai kill Jo's family. There was no excuse for that. Rosalie just knew that she couldn't live without trying to fix it.

Rosalie took a deep breath before she opened the door and headed into the hospital. The first thing she saw was Kai. Quickly she looked for somewhere to hide, but Kai had already spotted her. "Rosalie Martin." He called.

She gritted her teeth and turned to face him. "What are you doing here?" She hissed.

"Feisty." Kai grinned. "I like it. I'm here to see Jo. I was thinking a family reunion was in order."

"You hate your family."

"Maybe my 19 years in solitude has changed me for the better."

"It hasn't." Rosalie glared at him. "We both know that."

Rosalie froze, angry as Kai grabbed her wrists and pulled her close to him. "Do we both know that? I remember you wanted to be a part of my family once."

Rosalie didn't want to answer in fear of saying the wrong thing. "Let me go." She finally muttered out, pushed against Kai.

Kai let her go, disappearing around the corner before Rosalie realized he had let her go. She pressed herself against the wall, looking down at her shaking hands. She closed her eyes, trying to calm her racing heart. She didn't understand why he had such an effect on her. It made her wanna throw a fit.

Rosalie finally pulled herself together before she pulled out her phone and send Elena a text.

Rosalie: I think Kai is planning to do something to Jo.

She got no answer but she knew she couldn't do anything against Kai, he would manipulate her again. Rosalie rushed out of the hospital. She got in her car and took a deep breath. She couldn't do anything else here. She decided to head home.

She drove quickly, just wanting to get home. She finally made it home, everyone was gone though. Zeniff left a note saying they were out to a party for a friend. She had left dinner in the fridge for Rosalie. Rosalie sat down, crumpling the note.

She didn't know how she felt, except the part where she felt abandoned. For so long she had lived to take care of Zeniff, then to be Kai's girlfriend. She had never been in a situation like this. Kai was gone. Zeniff could take care of herself. Rosalie didn't know what to do.

She was startled out of her thoughts by a text asking to meet Damon and Elena. Rosalie sighed before heading out again, maybe she could find a way to help them catch Kai. Maybe then she could be free of him for good.