Chapter Thirteen || Mornings

*A Couple Weeks Later* (January)

Rosalie woke up and ran to the bathroom. She made it just in time to throw up into the toilet.

She rested her face on the side of the toilet and moaned. Slowly she got up and rinsed her mouth with mouthwash. Rosalie knew exactly what was wrong with her. She had found out in December. It was a Christmas present she wasn't sure if she wanted but sure wasn't going to give up.

She heard a knock at the door and she headed over to it. Everyone was gone so it was just her. She hadn't told her sisters about the baby yet. She opened the door and her face took on surprise, then anger. "What are you doing here?"

Kai looked sorry. "Can we talk." He paused "Please?"

Rosalie glared at him. But something seemed different. He seemed different.

Rosalie took a deep breath before she let him in and shut the door behind him. She followed him to the front room and they sat down. Rosalie felt slightly pissed at him since she wanted to go back to sleep. Not only that, he had kidnapped Jo and Elena and threw her into the lockers. The last she knew of him he had been unconscious.

"What?" She snapped, realizing she probably should have slammed the door in his face.

"You sound very angry."

"I'm tired."

Rosalie suddenly booked it for the bathroom and puked her guts into the toilet. She felt Kai behind her holding her hair back. She sat up, swatted his hands way and stood up, slightly shaky. She rinsed with mouthwash again before she headed back out to the front room.

She laid on the couch and looked up at Kai who looked actually concerned.

"What do you have to tell me?"

"You know about the merging of the twins and powers and everything right."

Rosalie nodded in response.

"Well I did it."

"You killed Jo?" Rosalie said, trying to sit up and look angry but failing.

"No. I did it with Luke. And I apparently got some of his...emotions."

"Emotions?"

"Yes. Like guilt."

Rosalie looked at him doubtfully. "I don't believe you." She closed her eyes.

"I'm sorry."

Rosalie's eyes opened again. "You're what?"

"I said I'm sorry. I know that you are the person who I hurt the most. What I said to you was awful and pretending to love you was cruel. I was obsessed with you and I know I hurt you because of it."

Rosalie gaped at him.

"I realized that I also got this sense of...love."

Rosalie's eyebrow rose. "You're lying."

"I'm not. I don't know what I can do to make it up to you. But I want to try. I love you Rosalie. I know it. I can feel it every time I think about you or see you."

Rosalie sat up. "I don't know if I believe you. You are going to have to prove yourself to me, I don't trust you. But, you can start by being a father."

If Kai was telling the truth, Rosalie knew it would be better. She didn't want the child to grow up without a father.

Kai's face scrunched into confusion.

"A father?"

"I'm pregnant."

Kai's mouth dropped open. "You're pregnant?"

Rosalie watched his face go through the different emotions.

"I'm going to be a father." He said, a small smile on his face.

"Are you ready for that?"

Kai nodded. "I mean I have to be, right?"

Rosalie stood up and pulled Kai to his feet. "If you don't shape I'm going to take this baby and get far away. You will never see this baby, understand? And I don't want you coming to see me again."

Kai nodded and then suddenly he was spinning around with Rosalie in his arms.

"I feel so...I just can't..."

"Happy?"

"Yes!"

"Set me down. I'm going to bed."

Kai nodded. "I'm going to get us a house and whatever else we need. Goodnight."

Rosalie opened her mouth to protest but he was gone. She sighed, what had she just done. He seemed different, yes. What he different, she didn't know. Rosalie shook her head and went into her room, she needed to sleep.

"How many kids do you want?"

Rosalie was laying on Kai's bed. She was inspecting the ring on her finger. They had just gotten back from buying it and Rosalie loved it.

"How many do you want?"

"Two. Then they can have each other."

"We have to have at least one set of twins."

Rosalie looked over at Kai. "What if I don't have twins?"

"We can do that magically." Kai said. He was writing on a paper.

"Is Jo going to die?"

"No. I'll still have part of her inside me. You two can talk whenever you want."

Rosalie laughed. "You can't be serious?"

"No. You can't talk to her but I will take on some of her traits."

"Oh." Rosalie went back to inspecting her ring. She looked up and Kai looked over at her.

"I love you."